Dick's Sporting Goods

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Daly City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview several months before a new store was opening. The interview lasted about a hour. The person that interviewed me told me she would keep me advised and promised to call me. She never did and never returned my phone calls.

Interview Question – Tell me what you did to increase sales at your current position.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Interview Details – A complete waste of time. I was originally interviewed and felt I would have been hired by the Store Manager and DM. One month goes by and I am asked to interview again with two additional Managers. I then find out the original manager has left the company and I was on the short list. These two had made up their minds about me within the first two minutes. Having over 20 years experience in retail management, I felt my age was a deciding factor in my bad experience. When I asked insightful questions such as, "What department do you feel has the most unrealized potential?" These two proceed to tell me that Softlines is their top producer. What??? Maybe if I worded the question differently they may have understood. This is the top management on the front line? Both with less than 3 years in management and the company. Or how about the perplexing question I posed,"How do you deal with your work and life balance?" This resulted in simple blank stares and a shrug of the shoulders.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2012.

Interview Details – Got nothing but runaround from DM. DM wouldn't give me any straight answer or feedback. I was later told inter-friction with the Store Manager was the reason DM wouldn't approve me for position. Several highly qualified candidates and employees have been caught in this power play politics. No wonder this region has poor customer service numbers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!