Dick's Sporting Goods Apparel Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very quick and easy. I'm honestly surprised that people failed the telephone screening test. It's not that hard to say you aren't going to steal and actually not steal.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite sport?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Rochester, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the head of the department, if you pass that you take a test to determine if you're of good moral character, then you have an interview with the GM

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when a, b, c..   Answer Question
    • what is your favorite sport and what did it teach you about dealing with people?   Answer Question

the managers were unorganized and were a bit rude, also had a higher paying offer with another place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Well I walked into the store and ask for the person I was to meet with... Up till that time I was a nervous wreck. I was directed to the back of the office where I met Annie. She was polite and cordial to me and she asked me some questions about myself; she also told me to take an ethics test. I did and I passed. So long story short I got hired and I'm still hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I'm the best one for the job?   1 Answer

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and fun. Manager made sure you were comfortable and allowed you to be yourself. 2 interviews, 1st one was with all the questions and scenarios, then you take a test. If you past you get a 2nd interview and then they decide from there.

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was at 11am and the manager who did my interview made me wait 15 minutes before she came to get me. Then asked me the same questions over and over but with different wording. Had second interview same day with the store manager who was super nice. Overall the interviews seemed promising for a great job - but after my first week I found myself hating this job more than anything else and going home crying because of the lack of training and communication.

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online almost a year ago and received a phone call for an interview last Tuesday for this week Monday. Arrived on time and had a hard time finding someone who could direct me to the hiring manager. Was told to wait in the employee break room and waited for about 10 minutes before the store manager came and got me. He was pretty laid back and did brief interview of about 10 minutes, then I was asked to do an opinion survey. From there, I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your technique or skill in selling baseball products?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it's a part-time job.

Application

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview 7 months after. Went to the interview and had a hard time finding someone who could direct me to the hiring manager. Was told to wait in the employee break room and then the store manager came and got me after 10 minutes. The store manager was very laidback and brief. Explained the job and then conducted a brief interview of about 10 questions. He then asked me to do an opinion survey which was about 55 questions. After I did the survey, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it's a part time job.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Albany, NY).

Interview

Basically asked you why you were applying for the position, what was minimally expected of you and what the position basically entailed. They did not go into much detail of the position and what was required of you as an apparel associate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what sports I was into and while that doesn't seem like an unexpected question working for a sporting goods retailer I was a little thrown. I was there interviewing for a part time job while going to school,not an in on how to get a discount on my favorite sports equipment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Newnan, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process happened very quickly. I applied online and got a call two days later asking to come in for an interview. The interview was short only lasting about 30 minutes. At the end, they had asked me to come in for a second interview. At the second interview, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a problem at work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I met with one manager and he asked me about my own interest in sports, mostly, experience in retail was not strictly necessary. He was taking notes throughout the interview and I think mostly they want to make sure that your interest is real.