Dick's Sporting Goods Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2014

1.6

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

they need "bodies"- mass hires are the norm- (send them through mentality) You get called to come take an interview in a conference room with several other candidates talking to multiple "managers" and wait your turn... unless it is for a specific store location already; then you come in and go through the same multiple page questionnaire as fast as the manager can get through it and then go to a computer to answer 80+ questions dealing with mostly personality/humanity questions that will determine the type of person you are and if you are not ultimately forgiving, nieve, or willing to anything to make someone happy you will fail.

Interview Questions

• none- unless you believe picking a certain side of the spectrum is difficult. mostly "how would you handle/react to this situation scenario" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically a one step negotiation where, if you do not accept the initial offer there is only one offer left and thats it or you don't get hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Knoxville, TN) in January 2010.

Interview

Very easy. Spoke to three managers. Explained to them why I was right for the job and how my skills could improve the companies image.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Pflugerville, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

They called me up, I went in that day, they sat me down asked me a few questions, offered me $8.00 an hour and I started training that day.

Negotiation

I was going in for the lowest poition available. There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Novi, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Very disorganized. I came in on one occasion and the manager that was supposed to interview me was not there. I had to call multiple times to make sure I was interviewing. After the interview, I was not even sure I had the job. I had to call to see when I was going to be trained. Overall, not a good process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2011.

Interview

I filled out the application online. 1st call came about 2 weeks later by then I had already been interviewing at several other companies. I liked the interviewer and related well to him, took a personality test. The interview took about 2 hours. Another interview in 3 deays lasted 15 min and recieved an offer.

Interview Questions

Could not accept because of an offer I had recieved earlier in the day for more money.