Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

1.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online after being referred by an anonymous source. They were looking to fill immediate hire positions. I put my resume on the Dick's Sporting Goods site and applied to the Administrative Assistant position and the Apparel Sales Associate position.

They called me a week later to schedule an interview for the next day. The representative I spoke to didn’t know which position I was applying for so I prepared to interview for both the Sales Associate and Administrative position.

When I got there, I was called into the interviewer’s (Store Manager) office. She asked me what positions I applied for and gave me some papers to fill out.

The first and fourth page of info on the papers consisted of questions like;

“Describe a time where you had to deal with an emotional/angry person. How did you handle it?”

“Describe a time when you had to convince someone to trust you. What was the result?”

"Describe a time you gave or received great costumer service. What made it great?”

Underneath each question there was a list that said “situation, action, and result”. They wanted you to answer each question using that template. Describe the situation. What actions did you take? What was the result of your actions?

The second and third page asked you to describe a sport/activity you participate in. Then it asks questions about when/how you got started in that sport/activity, what have you learned from participating in that sport/activity, and describe a time you have used your expertise in that sport/activity to help someone improve their performance/make a purchase.

When I went in for my interview, the interviewer asked about my Admin experience and what my computer skills are. They want you to be proficient in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Payroll. They are willing to train you to operate the Payroll software.

Those were the only two question I was asked in the interview.

After the interview, I took a personality test.

That was the end of the interview process.

I got a call two days later and they asked me about my organizational experience and to describe a time I missed a deadline. This question was also on the sheet they had us fill out before the interview.

They offered me the job during this call.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how early I was willing to arrive and leave the store.

I knew the opening and closing times of the store so I just said I was willing to come in hour early before opening and if I came in later, I was willing to stay until close.

We had a brief misunderstanding and I didn't know how early or late I was supposed to be available. I was told some team members arrive at the store as early as 4am.

We ended up settling on a time closer to opening.

Answer Question
    As a recent grad, I asked for 9 dollars an hour for a part time position. They offered me 9.50 an hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2013.

Interview was comical, the store manager appeared disengaged and gave me the impression he would rather be doing something else with his life. Never asked more than a couple of questions then asked when can you start.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start, will you accept this salary.   View Answer
    No negotiation. I was told what they could offer and if that was acceptable.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2012.

Very quick, they needed to hire quickly. Do not know if that did a background check, but I would assume so. Asked if you played sports and which all you now play or did play.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to help a customer choose between two products.   Answer Question
    No negotiation except for hours,they are very nice about making sure you can work your scheduled hours,