Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (DFW, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Apparel Sales Associate. They called the next day for an interview. When I got there they made me do a computer assessment. Then the interview... They asked me what sports I've played. I told him that I haven't really participated in sports, that I was just a fan. They asked random questions, that may or may not have been job related. But, the questions mostly had to do with sports. Which was expected, but for the position I applied for it seemed a little excessive. They said they were looking for someone to work cash register, for which I had no experience. He then told me he had other interviews and that he couldn't tell me if I had the job or not. That it depended on the qualifications of the other interviewees. I received a generic email a few days later, "Thank you for your interest in possible employment with D. Sporting Goods. It was a pleasure talking with you and discussing opportunities with our company. At this time, we are considering other candidates whose backgrounds and skills more closely match our needs. We will, however, retain your information. If an opportunity presents itself in the future, we may contact you at that time. Once again, thank you for your interest in D. Sporting Goods. Sincerely, D. Sporting Goods"

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Detroit, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online go call next day for interveiw 3 days away answer basic answer had a test offer job same day

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2015.

Interview

Put in an application online and called next day... was told the application won't hit the system until day 3. Called on day 3 and was told to come in for an interview. Did so and had 2 -1:1 interviews. One with store manager other with front end manager. Was hired on the spot. Started orientation 3 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Madison, WI) in April 2007.

Interview

Dick's Sporting Goods called me to set up an interview. When I arrived I was first asked a series of questions asking about past job experiences that i have had. Then they asked me about my personal goals for working there. After discussing my interests, I was deemed to be a good candidate and was asked to take a phone honesty test in order to be a cashier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned a negative situation into a positive.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in December 2008.

Interview

Usual Interview

Interview Questions

• What has been the most difficult part of a previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Bellevue, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

They asked me 4 questions. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What would you do in a specific sales situation? Why do you want to work here? What did you dislike about your last job?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2009.

Interview

It was a detailed interview with a lead reading questions from an page and immediately afterwards a manager asked the same questions and invited me to orientation the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Think twice! Unless you were as desperate as I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Was good. Interviewer was and is an awesome guy and if they like you they will have you interview with a store manager. I was offered the job the same day,

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked more personal questions about general customer service and they are tricky because they are very open ended questions that require your opinion. be careful   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be stern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Loveland, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next week for an interview. When I first got there, I took a survey that was about 10 minutes long and asked many questions about stealing and drug usage. After that, I had an interview with the cashier department manager, who asked me to come back and talk with the store manager the next day. I had a short interview with the store manager, and got a call later that day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What sport are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you filled a leadership role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Fremont, NE) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple, asked questions about your background, personality and education. Interviewer was very friendly. Went on some tangents about sports and whatnot, was a very relaxed atmosphere. There are some tests you have to take about stealing, following company policies and whatnot. After the interview I got a call and was hired a couple days later.