Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Interview

I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and was able to setup a date to interview. I show up at the hotel where the interview was taking place. I spoke with the hardline manager, then was asked to wait outside. I was later brought back in to speak with the store manager. I was hired right on the spot because they needed cashiers for their new store opening. I also dress and demonstrated maturity and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager said that he can start me off at $8.00. I asked him if he can go higher. He shook his head and said no. I didn't pressure much because I really needed a job at the time. I later found out that other cashier got a start out pay at $8.50. I should have pressed harder. I recommend telling and reminding them how much experience you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Was a 2 step interview .. First one was with department manager then store manger.. was easy ... Still waiting to hear back from them after second interview had interview on Friday today is Tuesday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Green Bay, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. You just need to be 18 to be a shoe in and being in sports definitely helped. Just the basic questions you need to know: What are some of your strengths? Not many scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DICKS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be prepared and confident.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Plantation, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

got a call about two days after i submit an application. went in to speak to the front end manager then store manager got basic questions about sports knowledge and if i was an athlete.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It's pretty simple you apply online, have two interviews, and starry working. You have the first interview with the first person and it's about yourself, random questions, etc. the second interview they tell you about your pay which by the way you can somewhat negotiate, they ask you sports questions like what's your favorite and why, and then they let you know of your hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just make it reasonable I honestly regret no going slightly higher because I could've done better but I was too scared to negotiate!