Dick's Sporting Goods

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Question – There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Interview Question – when they ask you to give examples of situations   Answer Question

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day

Interview Question – No difficult questions or curveballs   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected of a sporting goods store.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was fairly easy and straightforward - they ask you why you want to work there, definitely talk about passion. Be prepared to actually talk about sports/equipment because they do want you trying to sell/push products so seem as passionate as possible. A few generic questions about customer service and handling difficulties in the work place. "Personality" survey pretty much about punctuality, drug (marijuana) use, integrity. Just use common sense. I had a second interview with the general manager which was also pretty laid back and simple. He wanted to talk about "me" and me in the position I was applying for. As long as you seem upstanding and into sports you should be golden.

Interview Question – They asked about a product I ever recommended to another person related to my sports interests (hockey & running) so just think of a simple answer about why you suggested that product to a teammate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, I think I made 8/hr

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to Dick's Sporting Goods for a cashier position at the end of August 2011 and landed an interview in the first week of Oct. 20ll. The interview was very basic and extremely quick, took less than 10 mins. My interviewer was nice but appeared as if she did not know what questions to ask. There were long awkward pauses between questions. Other than that my overall experience, I can say it was one of the easiest interviews I had ever done. I would have loved to work there because the staff seemed very nice and a fun group to work with.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2011.

Interview Details – After appling on-line the website informed me of a interview date and time. Once at store was taken to a table in center of empty store and interviewed (mulitple interviews going on around me). Manager got up multiple times to answer phones or check other applicants in. After interview I was asked to return 5 hrs later for a second interview with the store manager. They focused on personality and sports minded

Interview Question – pre generated application questions that are standard for retail companies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went round for round with store manager for almost an hour to get full time. I lost in the end. By the way didnt stay part time for more than a month.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call about two weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview consisted of a 1 on 1 interview in which I was simply told of the job responsibilities. I then took a phone call consisting of questions regarding ethics and stealing.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, 1:1 interview that took about 10 minutes, and the job was offered with a pay rate

Interview Question – Describe a time when.....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was a set pay rate for the position

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dick's Sporting Goods

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees and interview candidates.