Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Interview

I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and was able to setup a date to interview. I show up at the hotel where the interview was taking place. I spoke with the hardline manager, then was asked to wait outside. I was later brought back in to speak with the store manager. I was hired right on the spot because they needed cashiers for their new store opening. I also dress and demonstrated maturity and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager said that he can start me off at $8.00. I asked him if he can go higher. He shook his head and said no. I didn't pressure much because I really needed a job at the time. I later found out that other cashier got a start out pay at $8.50. I should have pressed harder. I recommend telling and reminding them how much experience you have.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It's pretty simple you apply online, have two interviews, and starry working. You have the first interview with the first person and it's about yourself, random questions, etc. the second interview they tell you about your pay which by the way you can somewhat negotiate, they ask you sports questions like what's your favorite and why, and then they let you know of your hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just make it reasonable I honestly regret no going slightly higher because I could've done better but I was too scared to negotiate!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2013.

Interview

First interview was fairly easy and straightforward - they ask you why you want to work there, definitely talk about passion. Be prepared to actually talk about sports/equipment because they do want you trying to sell/push products so seem as passionate as possible. A few generic questions about customer service and handling difficulties in the work place. "Personality" survey pretty much about punctuality, drug (marijuana) use, integrity. Just use common sense. I had a second interview with the general manager which was also pretty laid back and simple. He wanted to talk about "me" and me in the position I was applying for. As long as you seem upstanding and into sports you should be golden.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a product I ever recommended to another person related to my sports interests (hockey & running) so just think of a simple answer about why you suggested that product to a teammate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, I think I made 8/hr

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2011.

Interview

After appling on-line the website informed me of a interview date and time. Once at store was taken to a table in center of empty store and interviewed (mulitple interviews going on around me). Manager got up multiple times to answer phones or check other applicants in. After interview I was asked to return 5 hrs later for a second interview with the store manager. They focused on personality and sports minded

Interview Questions

• pre generated application questions that are standard for retail companies   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went round for round with store manager for almost an hour to get full time. I lost in the end. By the way didnt stay part time for more than a month.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to Dick's Sporting Goods for a cashier position at the end of August 2011 and landed an interview in the first week of Oct. 20ll. The interview was very basic and extremely quick, took less than 10 mins. My interviewer was nice but appeared as if she did not know what questions to ask. There were long awkward pauses between questions. Other than that my overall experience, I can say it was one of the easiest interviews I had ever done. I would have loved to work there because the staff seemed very nice and a fun group to work with.