Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Victor, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy questions, asked about scenarios that could arise with customer service and how you'd handle them; 1 on 1 interview in back office; semi relaxed; met with supervisor, not the store manager

Interview Questions

• If customer A wanted one thing but all you had was a similar product, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Probably one of the more basic interviews I have ever had. Put in a room with the 2 store leads. Past that it was very short and then I took a test on a computer (very short) and it was basically a hire or not hire test. I would say the overall time it took was no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The first question was "Whats your favorite sport?" They moved onto questions about my customer service background and a big question was "Explain a situation you had with a customer where you had to resolve an issue."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Tigard, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was very laid-back. The store manager told me about a different position he thought I would be a good fit for. We chatted about my previous experience and then I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Redding, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Really easy interview. I was hired the same day as I interviewed. You start out by speaking with one of the department managers who asks you about 8 questions from a list of maybe 15. Then you talk about your previous experience and how it can help you in this job. From there the department manager talks with the store manager who then either approves or denies you. If you make it to the next step you take a quick personality survey and once those results come back the manager takes you aside to discuss expected salary, position, and hours. Then you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with a difficult team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Was a 2 step interview .. First one was with department manager then store manger.. was easy ... Still waiting to hear back from them after second interview had interview on Friday today is Tuesday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2015.

Interview

I received a call one week after applying online. It was a two part interview and you take a survey online in-between the two. Easy and laid back interview with typical customer service based questions. Helps if you are interested in sports, but it doesn't matter. They want someone who can work in a fast paced environment while dealing with customers. I was offered the job at the end of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exceeded expectations at a job.   Answer Question
    • Have you had experience with difficult customers and how did you respond to them?   Answer Question
    • What is a main job of a cashier?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have encouraged someone to try a new sport or activity.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It was mostly about my love of sports, my interest in selling sports gear and apparel, and why I thought I would be a good fit. Definitely pretty easy. They asked me to give an example of a time when I told a teammate about a product and convinced them to buy that product.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2015.

Interview

Put in an application online and called next day... was told the application won't hit the system until day 3. Called on day 3 and was told to come in for an interview. Did so and had 2 -1:1 interviews. One with store manager other with front end manager. Was hired on the spot. Started orientation 3 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Kansas City, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

Pretty laid back the first interview. Manager waa very pleasant and easy to talk to. We related on a few sports interests and what quality customer service means. The second interview was with a different manager. I found it was more of a lecture than an interview. He also seemed to be unable to look me in the eyes.

Interview Questions

• What sports do you participate in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward, they ask you about your personality, previous experiences, and any reasons as to why you are the most suitable candidate. It began with a phone screen, followed by an in person interview with one of the site managers

Interview Questions

• Where have you previously worked? Do you have any relevant experience? Describe your work ethic   Answer Question