Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Dublin, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was given an interview date. Had my first interview with the cashier manager. After the interview was asked to take a personality test on one of their computers. Was told they would give me a call in a couple days to schedule a second interview. Got a call 2 days later setting up a second interview, but this time with another manager. After the interview with the second manager, the cashier manager met with me and offered me a position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Green Bay, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. You just need to be 18 to be a shoe in and being in sports definitely helped. Just the basic questions you need to know: What are some of your strengths? Not many scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DICKS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be prepared and confident.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Was referred to the company by state unemployment got an email setting a time and place for interview. The interview was at a hotel conference center and there were about 10 to 15 people waiting to get interviewed. The first interview was with the softlines manager which was a prepared interview were he read questions typed up by HR about customer service and why you want the job, and after him i went to take an online test on the hotel computers. After a few minutes the same manager and the admin assistant read my results and told me to wait and that is when the store manager called me over to go over the position and to see if i was comfortable up selling credit cards and warranties. During that phase he made me read the employment agreement which says the position, wage and whether its full time and part time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, take it or leave it. Wages are set by corporate on a scale by position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and was able to setup a date to interview. I show up at the hotel where the interview was taking place. I spoke with the hardline manager, then was asked to wait outside. I was later brought back in to speak with the store manager. I was hired right on the spot because they needed cashiers for their new store opening. I also dress and demonstrated maturity and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The store manager said that he can start me off at $8.00. I asked him if he can go higher. He shook his head and said no. I didn't pressure much because I really needed a job at the time. I later found out that other cashier got a start out pay at $8.50. I should have pressed harder. I recommend telling and reminding them how much experience you have.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Plantation, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

got a call about two days after i submit an application. went in to speak to the front end manager then store manager got basic questions about sports knowledge and if i was an athlete.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Nashua, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

I had applied online and was called the next day to set up an interview time. I went in the next week for an interview and ended up being asked to come in for another interview later in the week. At that point I was offered a job and told when to come for an orientation day.

At the first interview he asked questions and then had me do an "Integrity Test". The test gave you statements and you answer "Strongly Agree"/"Strongly Disagree". The statements were largely about stealing, marijuana use and work ethic. He told me I had passed immediately after I finished.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever motivated someone? (At work or in personal life)   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a leader position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What is a cashier's most important job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation. He said we're offering this much an hour, you'll probably get this many hours, and then moved right on to talking about the next thing.
    It may have been because I listed my desired starting pay on the resume anyway.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It's pretty simple you apply online, have two interviews, and starry working. You have the first interview with the first person and it's about yourself, random questions, etc. the second interview they tell you about your pay which by the way you can somewhat negotiate, they ask you sports questions like what's your favorite and why, and then they let you know of your hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just make it reasonable I honestly regret no going slightly higher because I could've done better but I was too scared to negotiate!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (DFW, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Apparel Sales Associate. They called the next day for an interview. When I got there they made me do a computer assessment. Then the interview... They asked me what sports I've played. I told him that I haven't really participated in sports, that I was just a fan. They asked random questions, that may or may not have been job related. But, the questions mostly had to do with sports. Which was expected, but for the position I applied for it seemed a little excessive. They said they were looking for someone to work cash register, for which I had no experience. He then told me he had other interviews and that he couldn't tell me if I had the job or not. That it depended on the qualifications of the other interviewees. I received a generic email a few days later,

"Thank you for your interest in possible employment with D. Sporting Goods. It was a pleasure talking with you and discussing opportunities with our company.

At this time, we are considering other candidates whose backgrounds and skills more closely match our needs. We will, however, retain your information. If an opportunity presents itself in the future,
    we may contact you at that time. Once again, thank you for your interest in D. Sporting Goods.

Sincerely,

D. Sporting Goods"

Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied online, they called me a few weeks later asking if i had time for an interview. Went in the next week and the interview was very casual asking basic retail questions and experience. Was hired that day