Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.1

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2013.

I arrived at the store 10 minutes early. Began my interview with the first manager, did an "opinion" survey, then I interviewed with another manager (strangely he asked me the same questions the other manager did). After the interviews, I was told I'd get a call as soon as tomorrow. Sure enough I received a call the day after and was offered the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Applied online and was called about a week later for an interview. Take the time to dress nice and don't come in sports apparel. Arrived a little early for the interview and it went well. The questions were all pretty basic, nothing caught me off guard.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Cashier Interview

I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2013.

Applied online and got a call about a week later about an interview. Ended up being a group interview but it was very relaxed. After the interview we took a test on the computer. Got a call a few days later to interview with the manager in charge of the cashiers. It went GREAT! He was very nice. Then he told me if he likes me I'll go to a third and final interview with the store manager. Got a call a couple days later for the final interview. I was told they'd be making decisions the next week, but I haven't gotten a call. Sooo.... yeah. Moving on!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

Was good. Interviewer was and is an awesome guy and if they like you they will have you interview with a store manager. I was offered the job the same day,

Interview Questions
    • The store manager asked more personal questions about general customer service and they are tricky because they are very open ended questions that require your opinion. be careful   Answer Question
    Be stern

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2009.

Basic interview. Sit in manager's office and go over resume/application

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They'll make their one and only offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2012.

I applied online go call next day for interveiw 3 days away answer basic answer had a test offer job same day

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2012.

Went on the website and applied via online application. They were hiring for multiple positions. Received a call about 2-3 days later asking me to come in that following afternoon. Interviewed with first guy, went great. He then had me interview with the manager for the position I wanted..finally store manager. Laid back interviews, common questions. If you are passionate about sports and happy to be there it will show.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, pay was min wage