Dick's Sporting Goods Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied online and was called about a week later for an interview. Take the time to dress nice and don't come in sports apparel. Arrived a little early for the interview and it went well. The questions were all pretty basic, nothing caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2013.

Interview

First interview was fairly easy and straightforward - they ask you why you want to work there, definitely talk about passion. Be prepared to actually talk about sports/equipment because they do want you trying to sell/push products so seem as passionate as possible. A few generic questions about customer service and handling difficulties in the work place. "Personality" survey pretty much about punctuality, drug (marijuana) use, integrity. Just use common sense. I had a second interview with the general manager which was also pretty laid back and simple. He wanted to talk about "me" and me in the position I was applying for. As long as you seem upstanding and into sports you should be golden.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a product I ever recommended to another person related to my sports interests (hockey & running) so just think of a simple answer about why you suggested that product to a teammate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, I think I made 8/hr

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Cashier Interview

Interview

I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Dublin, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was given an interview date. Had my first interview with the cashier manager. After the interview was asked to take a personality test on one of their computers. Was told they would give me a call in a couple days to schedule a second interview. Got a call 2 days later setting up a second interview, but this time with another manager. After the interview with the second manager, the cashier manager met with me and offered me a position.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Huntsville, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later about an interview. Ended up being a group interview but it was very relaxed. After the interview we took a test on the computer. Got a call a few days later to interview with the manager in charge of the cashiers. It went GREAT! He was very nice. Then he told me if he likes me I'll go to a third and final interview with the store manager. Got a call a couple days later for the final interview. I was told they'd be making decisions the next week, but I haven't gotten a call. Sooo.... yeah. Moving on!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very quick, they needed to hire quickly. Do not know if that did a background check, but I would assume so. Asked if you played sports and which all you now play or did play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to help a customer choose between two products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation except for hours,they are very nice about making sure you can work your scheduled hours,

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Vernon Hills, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Was good. Interviewer was and is an awesome guy and if they like you they will have you interview with a store manager. I was offered the job the same day,

Interview Questions

• The store manager asked more personal questions about general customer service and they are tricky because they are very open ended questions that require your opinion. be careful   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be stern

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Detroit, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online go call next day for interveiw 3 days away answer basic answer had a test offer job same day