Dick's Sporting Goods

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – usually a 2 interview process over a two week period

Interview Question – when they ask you to give examples of situations   Answer Question

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – I got called in for an interview within a few days after applying. The interview was with the front end department manager. Dress well! But it was super easy. It really was not an interview. I came in, he talked about why it is great to work for Dick's Sporting Goods. He gave me a call a week later to offer the job.

Interview Question – There really were not any questions. If you have a passion for sports, then you fit within the company.   Answer Question

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call about a week later about an interview. Ended up being a group interview but it was very relaxed. After the interview we took a test on the computer. Got a call a few days later to interview with the manager in charge of the cashiers. It went GREAT! He was very nice. Then he told me if he likes me I'll go to a third and final interview with the store manager. Got a call a couple days later for the final interview. I was told they'd be making decisions the next week, but I haven't gotten a call. Sooo.... yeah. Moving on!

Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was good. Interviewer was and is an awesome guy and if they like you they will have you interview with a store manager. I was offered the job the same day,

Interview Question – The store manager asked more personal questions about general customer service and they are tricky because they are very open ended questions that require your opinion. be careful   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be stern

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview. Sit in manager's office and go over resume/application

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They'll make their one and only offer

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online go call next day for interveiw 3 days away answer basic answer had a test offer job same day

Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went on the website and applied via online application. They were hiring for multiple positions. Received a call about 2-3 days later asking me to come in that following afternoon. Interviewed with first guy, went great. He then had me interview with the manager for the position I wanted..finally store manager. Laid back interviews, common questions. If you are passionate about sports and happy to be there it will show.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, pay was min wage

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me 4 questions.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What would you do in a specific sales situation?
Why do you want to work here?
What did you dislike about your last job?

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Saugus, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied online, and I get a call from them a couple of days later. I am scheduled for an interview a few days later on a Tuesday. So, I go to the store 15 minutes early, and I only wait about a couple of minutes for my interviewer to come. (The people there seem pretty friendly.) It's quite a big store, so I follow my interviewer to the employee-only area. He asked me some questions on the walk there, and then we sit down at an office. And he asks me questions, which I answer of course. It probably only took at most ten minutes to complete the interview. I call them back a week later, and I'm scheduled for another interview on Labor Day. Not to my surprise, it had to be rescheduled on that day. (They probably didn't realize it was Labor Day.) It was changed to two days later.

So, I go there and back to the employee-only area. I'm placed to a computer to take a 20-minute test to determine my personality, I suppose. After I'm done, I'm brought to the same office with a different interview. She's nice as well. She goes over my last one and basically asks the same questions and tells me about the job that's best for me (cashier). This interview was probably just as longer as the last one. She tells me that I sound like a good candidate, and she might call me back even today or in a couple of days. No longer than a half an hour later, she calls me to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I basically had to take minimum wage since I have no job experience.