Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated May 25, 2014

1.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Very basic interview, list your strengths your weaknesses. Then tell them a good story about how you resolved an issue in the workplace. The interviewer was very laid back and seemed to hint that I already had the position upon showing up.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

The interview was much like any other retail position. Management haphazardly interviewed me, and approached the whole interview in a very, almost excessively, causal manner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online. They contacted me and brought me in for an initial interview with the department head. After that I came back a second time for a meeting with the store manager. Very straightforward interview going through my resume and experience, basic behavioral questions, asked about sports I played or was enthusiastic about.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, what they offer is what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2011.

I applied online and got a phone call two days later. I interviewed to work in women's apparel, but then got hired for customer service because they thought it better suited me. The interview took only about 15 minutes. I first met with the apparel manager and then she decided to have me interview with the customer service manager. I was offered the job right there and began training the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job, what experience do you have in retail, how do you handle an unhappy customer, how do you handle stressful situations   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I had an interview with Josh Powers who asked a few questions and took a few notes and sent me on my way. A few days later I was called and informed that I had gotten the job and orientation was on June 8th 2014 at 8:00AM. On May 31 I was called by the company about 4 in the afternoon asking if I could come in and work. I was not expecting this call and was unable to make it but was asked if I could come in June 1, 2014 at 7am. I was there the next morning asking Travis Holt for instruction of what I should do and he sent me to ask an employee and she did not have a clue what was going on, complete ciaos. The company did not provide any training. But I am strong worker with great work ethic and figured it out own my own. And before long I was the one training people.

Interview Questions
    • The interview did not consist of any difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I had been selected to work part time temporary position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

Not much of the "tell me about a time when....". It is more of a "what is your background" or "have you worked with ____ before?". Straight and to the point. There is an aptitude test too that asks a lot of personality questions

Interview Questions
    • They ask what you are comfortable asking a customer. Are you willing to make them sign up for a rewards card and get them interested in the Credit Card as well.   View Answer
    Not a lot to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queensbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2011.

Was contacted soon after the initial application. The interview itself was very standard for a retail setting, invoking the direct supervisor of your department and the store manager. The questions asked were almost all pertaining to previous work experience and one's ability to interact with people. Will also ask questions about responsibility and honesty, as they have a rather strict set of security procedures, and seem to trust their associates very little.

Interview Questions
    • Can not recall a most difficult question, as it will be dependent upon your personal experiences.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview started out with explaining a little about myself, asked what my passion was, and at the end did a survey online.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was extremely rude and passing judgement on me without knowing who I am and what I am capable of. I declined to go any further with the interviewer passed on the way I was treated.   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!