Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.0

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It was an interview for a new store opening. Was in a room interviewing with the soft-lines manager. Also ended up interviewing with the hard-lines manager. First interview was 45 minutes long and the second was about 15 minutes. A lot of questions related to "my passion" and the sport that I enjoyed. They were trying to gauge just how much I knew about my sport/skill. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me About Yourself" -- seems so simple, but always throws me off guard.   View Answer
I had my minimum salary that i would accept on my application. I received a call back a few days later stating that I had the job and they would give me my minimum salary desired. I was not able to negotiate a higher wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2014.

I essentially applied online because there was a brand new Store opening in my city, after the first application I was then asked when will be a convenient time to interview with that at a hotel. Upon entering the hotel, I noticed I was the first person to be interviewed in a big room that had other stations for other candidates. I answered some average questions and scenerios and shared my love for sports. I then took a 55 questioned survey and was intervieed by the new store manager and the interview with him was more specific on terms of my value to the store. I presented myself to be a valuable asset given the fact I can wok for any department, and he then asked how much I was expecting to be paid; I answered back with a respectable $8. He then sent me out and after a few minutes, he approached me with a job offer on spot. I applied for a cashier position but was hired for Footwear associate and paid $10 an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your life(whether in your previous job or sport) that you had to deal with a frustrated person and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question
    The manager presented me an offer I could not turn down.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2014.

easy pretty much get hired on the spot its easy to get hired and theres nothing more to this unless youre really bad at interviewing other than the you pretty much get hired on the spot because they cant keep anyone there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Took less than a week to go from applying to being hired. Simple questions were asked and I was easily hired. I applied online and got a call the next day to come in. Fast and easy.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "When did you find difficulty in a task in your previous job and how did you handle it" , not a hard question. I got asked cliche easy interviewer questions.   Answer Question
    I was asked if 8 / hr was okay. I said yes but wish I asked for 9, i regret being easily asked for the minimum offer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

eas y two interview process

Interview Questions
    • nothing out the ordinary just focus on your love of sports   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Initial contact was a telephone call from the soft lines manager to schedule an interview. Upon arrival to the store for the interview, I was asked to wait in footwear where the manager would finish their task at hand and meet me. After introductions, I was brought back to the offices where the interview took place. It went painlessly and quickly since the manager and I shared similar interests in activities. After that point, the interview initial interview concluded and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager and hired on the spot. The first day of hire was the day of paperwork and training, which is to be expected, and I was also allowed to work a few hours on the floor to become accustomed to the store atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked were either expected or easily answered based on previous work experience.   Answer Question
    Absolutely no room to negotiate rate of pay at time or hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leawood, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Typical interview with basic questions about experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about what experience I had, asked a question about going beyond the call to help another person and whether it was successful or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2012.

Was called for an interview about one week after applying online. Brought into the store for an initial interview with the Manager of Footwear/Apparel. Was then brought in for a second interview with the Store Manager. Both interviews were relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you settled the dispute.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2010.

I filled out an online app. I received a phone call later and scheduled an interview a week later. After an interview with a department manager I had a meeting with the General manager and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Time where you had to overcome difficulty to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question
    They asked what I expected to make. I said $10 and they accepted right away. (I had prior experience).

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

-Interview with footwear department manager, very routine interview with normal experience-based and behavioral questions
    -Second interview (same day) with assistant store manager, who expanded with some more behavioral questions and quizzed me on a trend i see in footwear. Offered to hire me on the spot at the end

Interview Questions
    • Assistant store manager (2nd interview) asked me to describe a recent trend I see in footwear for any given sport.   View Answer
    Simply said he would like to make me an offer, which surprised me because I expected to hear back from them later over the phone or something. Suggested/asked that $9.00/hour be the hourly salary, and I agreed. Signed rest of documents/paperwork