Dick's Sporting Goods Footwear Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I received a phone call to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and it was very chill. That could be because the manager was young and it went real smooth. The questions where not that hard. I think he was just looking for someone who was willing to work. We ended up talking about other stuff more than interview questions anyways. As long as you go in with a positive attitude, you should do fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It was a good interview I think Matt was my boss good guy we had alot in common both were former athletes adn went to the same school we talked about that, where he lived and went with the company. Not to hard of a interview.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It was an interview for a new store opening. Was in a room interviewing with the soft-lines manager. Also ended up interviewing with the hard-lines manager. First interview was 45 minutes long and the second was about 15 minutes. A lot of questions related to "my passion" and the sport that I enjoyed. They were trying to gauge just how much I knew about my sport/skill. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me About Yourself" -- seems so simple, but always throws me off guard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had my minimum salary that i would accept on my application. I received a call back a few days later stating that I had the job and they would give me my minimum salary desired. I was not able to negotiate a higher wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Naples, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I essentially applied online because there was a brand new Store opening in my city, after the first application I was then asked when will be a convenient time to interview with that at a hotel. Upon entering the hotel, I noticed I was the first person to be interviewed in a big room that had other stations for other candidates. I answered some average questions and scenerios and shared my love for sports. I then took a 55 questioned survey and was intervieed by the new store manager and the interview with him was more specific on terms of my value to the store. I presented myself to be a valuable asset given the fact I can wok for any department, and he then asked how much I was expecting to be paid; I answered back with a respectable $8. He then sent me out and after a few minutes, he approached me with a job offer on spot. I applied for a cashier position but was hired for Footwear associate and paid $10 an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life(whether in your previous job or sport) that you had to deal with a frustrated person and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager presented me an offer I could not turn down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Corpus Christi, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within the week. They did want experience so I am sure that helped with the hiring process. The interview was very informal (did not have to dress up) and it took place in the break room.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2014.

Interview

easy pretty much get hired on the spot its easy to get hired and theres nothing more to this unless youre really bad at interviewing other than the you pretty much get hired on the spot because they cant keep anyone there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Took less than a week to go from applying to being hired. Simple questions were asked and I was easily hired. I applied online and got a call the next day to come in. Fast and easy.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "When did you find difficulty in a task in your previous job and how did you handle it" , not a hard question. I got asked cliche easy interviewer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked if 8 / hr was okay. I said yes but wish I asked for 9, i regret being easily asked for the minimum offer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

eas y two interview process

Interview Questions

• nothing out the ordinary just focus on your love of sports   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Initial contact was a telephone call from the soft lines manager to schedule an interview. Upon arrival to the store for the interview, I was asked to wait in footwear where the manager would finish their task at hand and meet me. After introductions, I was brought back to the offices where the interview took place. It went painlessly and quickly since the manager and I shared similar interests in activities. After that point, the interview initial interview concluded and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager and hired on the spot. The first day of hire was the day of paperwork and training, which is to be expected, and I was also allowed to work a few hours on the floor to become accustomed to the store atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were either expected or easily answered based on previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutely no room to negotiate rate of pay at time or hire

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2013.

Interview

I applied through their careers website and was contacted a few days later by the store manager. The interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions and how you would handle difficult customers on a daily basis. Afterwards, there was an online questionnaire that was fairly easy if you have previous retail experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you get a customer to sign up for a credit card?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their hourly salary was fixed for the most part.