Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's Sporting Goods Golf Associate Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Golf Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Applied for a job on the Dick's Sporting Goods career site and got a call back 1 week later for an interview. After that I interviewed with a store manager 6 days later and was offered the job.

Interview questions were relatively simple and dealt with customer service and past experiences in retail. They also ask you some questions relating to the sport/department you are applying for.

"Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer"

"Name a time you received great customer service yourself"

"What are some current trends in golf equipment or apparel"

Interview Questions
  • Probably the question about a time when I got good customer service only because I tend to remember the bad experiences rather than the good ones.   Answer Question
Store manager told me he could offer me a certain amount. No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Golf Associate Interview

Turned in a resume and application online and kept calling them but they kept saying they haven't made any decisions yet. Then out of the blue I was contacted about a month later, asking to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you got someone into a sport and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2010.

questions were pretty basic, not much about my qualifications, just availability. The questions I asked were not answered particularly well, very vague answers. No suggestion of advancement beyond part time

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult customer you ever dealt with   Answer Question

inadequate salary offer

Golf Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Applied and got called within 2 days. Met with the Golf Pro in the first interview, and it was a very relaxed setting. He was very interested in my backround, and was very genuine. Met the next day with Store Manager, and seemed more like a scripted interview, but in a relaxed manner none the less. Got the job offer right after that.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation. I asked for one salary, and the Store Manager just stated what he would pay me.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!