Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dick's Sporting Goods
- Sales Associate (74)
- Cashier (42)
- Footwear Sales Associate (19)
- Apparel Associate (15)
- Store Manager (12)
- Merchandising Training Program (11)
- Administrative Assistant (10)
- Sales Manager (9)
- Customer Service Specialist (9)
- Lodge Sales Associate (9)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (7)
- Associate (6)
- Cashier/Customer Service (6)
- Bike Technician (5)
- Retail Sales Associate (5)
- Sales Support Manager (5)
- Assistant Store Manager (4)
- Golf Associate (4)
- Footwear Associate (4)
- Footwear Sales (4)
- Team Sports Sales Associate (3)
- Team Sports Associate (3)
- Running Specialist (3)
- Hardlines Manager (3)
- Sales Lead (2)
- Sales Leader (2)
- Team Lead (2)
- Operations Associate (2)
- Apparel Sales Associate (2)
- Intern (2)
Golf Associate Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Applied for a job on the Dick's Sporting Goods career site and got a call back 1 week later for an interview. After that I interviewed with a store manager 6 days later and was offered the job. Interview questions were relatively simple and dealt with customer service and past experiences in retail. They also ask you some questions relating to the sport/department you are applying for. "Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer" "Name a time you received great customer service yourself" "What are some current trends in golf equipment or apparel"
- Probably the question about a time when I got good customer service only because I tend to remember the bad experiences rather than the good ones. Answer Question
Store manager told me he could offer me a certain amount. No negotiation.
Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods
Golf Associate InterviewAccepted Offer
Turned in a resume and application online and kept calling them but they kept saying they haven't made any decisions yet. Then out of the blue I was contacted about a month later, asking to come in for an interview.
- Name a time when you got someone into a sport and how did you do it? Answer Question
Golf Associate InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.
questions were pretty basic, not much about my qualifications, just availability. The questions I asked were not answered particularly well, very vague answers. No suggestion of advancement beyond part time
- what was the most difficult customer you ever dealt with Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
inadequate salary offer
Golf Associate InterviewAccepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Applied and got called within 2 days. Met with the Golf Pro in the first interview, and it was a very relaxed setting. He was very interested in my backround, and was very genuine. Met the next day with Store Manager, and seemed more like a scripted interview, but in a relaxed manner none the less. Got the job offer right after that.
- There wasn't really any. Answer Question
There was no room for negotiation. I asked for one salary, and the Store Manager just stated what he would pay me.