Dick's Sporting Goods Golf Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Golf Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied for a job on the Dick's Sporting Goods career site and got a call back 1 week later for an interview. After that I interviewed with a store manager 6 days later and was offered the job. Interview questions were relatively simple and dealt with customer service and past experiences in retail. They also ask you some questions relating to the sport/department you are applying for. "Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer" "Name a time you received great customer service yourself" "What are some current trends in golf equipment or apparel"

Interview Questions

• Probably the question about a time when I got good customer service only because I tend to remember the bad experiences rather than the good ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Store manager told me he could offer me a certain amount. No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Golf Associate Interview

Interview

Turned in a resume and application online and kept calling them but they kept saying they haven't made any decisions yet. Then out of the blue I was contacted about a month later, asking to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got someone into a sport and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC) in May 2010.

Interview

questions were pretty basic, not much about my qualifications, just availability. The questions I asked were not answered particularly well, very vague answers. No suggestion of advancement beyond part time

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult customer you ever dealt with   Answer Question

inadequate salary offer

Golf Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied and got called within 2 days. Met with the Golf Pro in the first interview, and it was a very relaxed setting. He was very interested in my backround, and was very genuine. Met the next day with Store Manager, and seemed more like a scripted interview, but in a relaxed manner none the less. Got the job offer right after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. I asked for one salary, and the Store Manager just stated what he would pay me.