Dick's Sporting Goods

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Golf Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Applied for a job on the Dick's Sporting Goods career site and got a call back 1 week later for an interview. After that I interviewed with a store manager 6 days later and was offered the job.

Interview questions were relatively simple and dealt with customer service and past experiences in retail. They also ask you some questions relating to the sport/department you are applying for.

"Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer"

"Name a time you received great customer service yourself"

"What are some current trends in golf equipment or apparel"

Interview Question – Probably the question about a time when I got good customer service only because I tend to remember the bad experiences rather than the good ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Store manager told me he could offer me a certain amount. No negotiation.

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – Turned in a resume and application online and kept calling them but they kept saying they haven't made any decisions yet. Then out of the blue I was contacted about a month later, asking to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Name a time when you got someone into a sport and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2010.

Interview Details – questions were pretty basic, not much about my qualifications, just availability. The questions I asked were not answered particularly well, very vague answers. No suggestion of advancement beyond part time

Interview Question – what was the most difficult customer you ever dealt with   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – inadequate salary offer

Golf Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Applied and got called within 2 days. Met with the Golf Pro in the first interview, and it was a very relaxed setting. He was very interested in my backround, and was very genuine. Met the next day with Store Manager, and seemed more like a scripted interview, but in a relaxed manner none the less. Got the job offer right after that.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation. I asked for one salary, and the Store Manager just stated what he would pay me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dick's Sporting Goods

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods Golf Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees and interview candidates.