Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was basic questions very relaxed and everyone was super nice. The manager was very laid back and made you feel welcomed. The hiring was about a couple day decision.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to resolve a deadline issue?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Called for an interview which was at a local hotel. It was a Basic interview. Experiences and work history discussed. They asked about myself. Got called back with the position and pay.

Interview Questions

• A time that you were faced with a difficult customer or situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Tech Support/AV Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Moon Township, PA).

Interview

I was brought into the corporate headquarters for an in-person interview after a phone interview, and spoke with members of three different departments who I would interface with. After discussing the basics of the positions and my experience, we took a tour of the corporate campus. The tour included walking through various conference rooms that I would be responsible for supporting, as well as some of the amenities that I would have access to as an employee (such as gym access, and the on-campus cafeteria, coffee shop, and bank).

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Well I walked into the store and ask for the person I was to meet with... Up till that time I was a nervous wreck. I was directed to the back of the office where I met Annie. She was polite and cordial to me and she asked me some questions about myself; she also told me to take an ethics test. I did and I passed. So long story short I got hired and I'm still hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I'm the best one for the job?   1 Answer

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and fun. Manager made sure you were comfortable and allowed you to be yourself. 2 interviews, 1st one was with all the questions and scenarios, then you take a test. If you past you get a 2nd interview and then they decide from there.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and professional. I applied online and got a call approximately one week later. Had a one-on-one interview with one of the managers on a Friday, and during that interview scheduled a second interview with the store manager the following Monday. Got offered the job that day and signed the New Hire form. Orientation was scheduled for one week later (Monday).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you had to deal with a difficult/upset customer?   1 Answer
    • What are you interested in fitness/sports?   1 Answer

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Utica, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward and basic interview questions were asked such as strengths and weakness. There were a few situational questions asked as well. Two days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job. I began training that week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Senior Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted regarding a Senior Space Planner role I applied for. Had a standard getting to know you call with HR. Followed up with a phone interview with the hiring manager which last 5 minutes with no questions asked about my qualifications - entire discussion was about her cousin and that she happened to go to the same college I graduated from. Surprisingly, I was flown out for an interview (all the logistics of this were well-handled) costing me a few days of work. Half hour interview each with HR and 2 hiring managers of two different departments. Upon arriving, was wondering if I was interested in other jobs at the company other than the one I applied for. None of the interviewers had read my resume beforehand and asked random questions about jobs I held 15 years ago. I had heard really good things about this company but I would not have accepted even if offered. Corporate campus is beautiful and feels like a health-club/resort. However, I would just make sure that you know that the job you are interviewing for is the same one you applied for and that you do a better job of setting expectations, especially if you are traveling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Walk me through your resume? Name a strength and weakness? What do you do at your job? (Very basic questions)   Answer Question

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2015.

Interview

The process was the worst I have experienced job hunting. I applied in March and just heard back from this place. Those interviewing had no idea what job I applied for. I had and still have no idea either as the job I originally applied for was filled back in March. All behavioral questions and questions about sports as its a sporting goods store.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Loveland, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next week for an interview. When I first got there, I took a survey that was about 10 minutes long and asked many questions about stealing and drug usage. After that, I had an interview with the cashier department manager, who asked me to come back and talk with the store manager the next day. I had a short interview with the store manager, and got a call later that day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What sport are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you filled a leadership role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question