Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Apparel Associate Interview

Be passionate about sports and talk about teamwork. It is just like any other standard interview. Have retail experience. You're surrounded by athletes so express how much you love athletics

Sales Associate Interview

The process was relatively straightforward as far as a job in being a sales associate goes. I applied at a store. A few days later I talked to a manager at the store. Then I just had to deal with one person in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience I had in being a salesperson, of which I did not have much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer-Service Sales Associate Interview

got a call about two days after i submit an application. went in to speak to the front end manager then store manager got basic questions about sports knowledge and if i was an athlete.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The interview was very laid back. It was a two step interview process. The first one with the manager of the department your applying for and the second one with the store manager.

General Sports Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

one interview after a phone call, a general discussion on work history, many questions about experience in customer service, discussion about the expectations of the job, about an hour long meeting

Footwear Sales Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Had the first interview with the footwear manager, it was a friendly and conversational style interview where they wanted to get a sense of who I was, my interest in sports, and about my customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you showed exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Apparel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

I applied online on a Saturday and got the call on Monday to come in for an interview on Wednesday. I first interviewed with the apparel manager, and the interview was very laid back. He asked about my experience, what my favorite sport was and if I played any, and then asked me some situational questions. It was over in maybe 30 minutes, and it felt very comfortable and natural. At the end he had my take an honesty test which I passed and then he set me up with an interview for the next day with the store manager. He was a little more serious but the interview still felt pretty laid back since he kept getting questions asked at him left and right from everyone in the company. He first went over how big the store was, how many products they sold and what he was looking for in his new hires. Then he "quizzed" me (just a question or two) about my sport, volleyball, asking me what the popular brands were for that sport and what the latest and greatest things were happening in that particular sport. Then he asked me more behavioral questions, and next thing I knew he was calling back the apparel manager and he was saying I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all situational, just be honest! And be especially honest about if you've played any sports. They'll ask you detailed questions about them!   Answer Question
    Minimum wage here is 7.93 which is horrible, but because I have 4 years of experience I was able to get it to 8.50 which still isn't great but better than minimum.

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!