Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.2

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Utica, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview was very straight forward and basic interview questions were asked such as strengths and weakness. There were a few situational questions asked as well. Two days after the interview I got a call saying I got the job. I began training that week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2015.

Interview

The process was the worst I have experienced job hunting. I applied in March and just heard back from this place. Those interviewing had no idea what job I applied for. I had and still have no idea either as the job I originally applied for was filled back in March. All behavioral questions and questions about sports as its a sporting goods store.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Loveland, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call the next week for an interview. When I first got there, I took a survey that was about 10 minutes long and asked many questions about stealing and drug usage. After that, I had an interview with the cashier department manager, who asked me to come back and talk with the store manager the next day. I had a short interview with the store manager, and got a call later that day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What sport are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you filled a leadership role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Highland, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

They conducted two interviews with me. Both were the EXACT same questions but with different people. The interview was easy and very casual. I didn't feel nervous or intimidated.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you gave or received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Staten Island, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went fairly smooth. The process took about 2 weeks. I applied online, and 2 weeks later, I got called in for an interview. The managers were very nice and welcoming. I had an interview with the soft lines manager, and then the general manager. He hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite sport and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone at work or at school.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for This company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview was the usual. Went through two interviews and they both were pretty similar. They basically asked about customer service and when did i experience difficult customers. One of the managers that interviewed me was not as professional because of the way he exhibited his body posture. His feet were up on his desk while he was listening to me talk.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you experience difficult customers. Why are you interested.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Asheville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Called me in for a interview. i felt like i did a great job during the interview and answered every question to the best of my ability. i came in twice after my interview to show my face and express my interest in obtaining a job there. Was declined for the job... I don't have any prior work experience and I guess that's what took me out of the running

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

5 step process consisting of recruiter, DM, RVP loss prevention, RVP HR, RVP operations. Phone interviews were very in depth, covering challenges, multiple weaknesses and how you can overcome them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a decision you made that didn't work, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Hunting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queensbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Queensbury, NY).

Interview

Unprofessional and was like a normal conversation between two people. Questions were easy to answer but had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. I ended up working in the Freight Flow and Operations Department. I wish I could have met my supervisor before I took the job. Was not what I had expected. Violent and enjoyed bullying employees.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Nampa, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

Got to my interview 10minutes early and was told it'd be 15-20minutes until the manager was ready for me. She came and got me and we walked to the back of store talking about how my weekend was. We got to the back "employee's only" section and she began asking me about my past work expierience, why I wanted to work for Them, and if I played/knew anything about sports. It was a very comfortable atnosphere, and my interviewer was so sweet! The interview lasted about 10/15 minutes. When I had answered her questions she had me take an "honesty test" which was just 55 questions about if marijuana and alcohol were ever acceptable at work. It was a quick little test. By the end of the interview she said she'd call me the next day at 1:45pm. When the next day came around, I ended up not getting a call, so I called at 8pm, and asked for the interviwer. She had apoligized for not calling me sooner, since the store was slammed that day. But she offered me the position and we scheduled a time and day for orientation. It was a positive and fun expierience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you recieved awful customer service and what you would've done differently?   Answer Question
    • What sports do you play/watch? Can you name your favorite player and what position they are?   Answer Question