Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

applied online, waited for about 2 weeks before i heard anything, got a call for a face to face interview, went in and had to wait 30minutes, they weren't prepared for me, met with dept manager and store manager, pretty much offer on the spot if they want you

Golf Associate Interview

Interview

Turned in a resume and application online and kept calling them but they kept saying they haven't made any decisions yet. Then out of the blue I was contacted about a month later, asking to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got someone into a sport and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and received a call back to go to an in-store interview. Took a kind of personality test and did an interview. Questions about past sales and retail experience and knowledge of sports. Pretty straightforward, the kind of questions you would expect, particularly if you've had this kind of position before.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got an interview 2 days after applying

Interview Questions

• they are typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Asked me questions about experience and how I would fit it.

Apparel Associate Interview

Interview

applied got a call for an interview, the interview process was pretty basic with basic questions.

Interview Questions

• name a time where you went above and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

The people who work at the company are very casual and make you feel comfortable. However, you must know a lot about the company and get that across to them in the interviews I would suggest going to info sessions, connection with recruiters, and going in the store to see the merchandising and talk to managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue...like I said, know the company inside and out.   Answer Question

Bicycle Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It was very smooth, very professional.

Interview Questions

• None really, with 25 years bicycle experience my work stands for itself   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that this company paid very porly for part time help. I only got 9.50 an hour with no additional raises. Even though i brought the bike department up 35 percent in sales.

Cashieer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

They hired me because of the college i went to, it was not a tough interview at all, basically no questions

Negotiation

none