Dick's Sporting Goods

243 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Interviewed with store manager. Normal questions asking about experience, and why would be good fit.

Apparel Associate Interview

Apparel Associate

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – applied got a call for an interview, the interview process was pretty basic with basic questions.

Interview Question – name a time where you went above and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Bicycle Tech Interview

Bicycle Tech

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – It was very smooth, very professional.

Interview Question – None really, with 25 years bicycle experience my work stands for itself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that this company paid very porly for part time help. I only got 9.50 an hour with no additional raises. Even though i brought the bike department up 35 percent in sales.

Retail Sales Interview

Retail Sales

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – applied online, waited for about 2 weeks before i heard anything, got a call for a face to face interview, went in and had to wait 30minutes, they weren't prepared for me, met with dept manager and store manager, pretty much offer on the spot if they want you

Interview Question – why do you want too work here   Answer Question

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Merchandising Training Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – The people who work at the company are very casual and make you feel comfortable. However, you must know a lot about the company and get that across to them in the interviews I would suggest going to info sessions, connection with recruiters, and going in the store to see the merchandising and talk to managers.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue...like I said, know the company inside and out.   Answer Question

Cashieer Interview

Cashieer

Interview Details – They hired me because of the college i went to, it was not a tough interview at all, basically no questions

Negotiation Details – none

Golf Associate Interview

Golf Associate

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – Turned in a resume and application online and kept calling them but they kept saying they haven't made any decisions yet. Then out of the blue I was contacted about a month later, asking to come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Name a time when you got someone into a sport and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call back to go to an in-store interview. Took a kind of personality test and did an interview. Questions about past sales and retail experience and knowledge of sports. Pretty straightforward, the kind of questions you would expect, particularly if you've had this kind of position before.

Interview Question – Role playing sales situation.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interview Details – Got an interview 2 days after applying

Interview Question – they are typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Merchandise Planner

Interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods

Interview Details – Phone interview, then on site interview. Interviewed by several people ranging from immediate manager level, to director, to senior executives. Concluded by a tour of the facilities.

Interview Question – Generally walk through your résumé. Asked what the most difficult challenge you faced on the job and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!