Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.2

Interviewer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Will call and perform a phone screen, set up an initial interview, have any position that will be using a register (which is about every store associate) take a sterling review. If the interview and sterling are a proceed then you will be called back for a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • What sports do you play? customer service experience? prior positions? what sports have you played? How did you handle a negative customer experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in December 2012.

The interview process was very laid back. I had about 10 questions asked by one of the assistant managers and then he passed me on to the general manager of the store for more questions. Very simple and basic questions were asked.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Two parts. Interview with assistant manager and follow up with the real manager. Both people were extremely friendly and did a good job of describing the position(which was really simple)

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2011.

The interview process was fairly easy. You just need to be 18 to be a shoe in and being in sports definitely helped. Just the basic questions you need to know: What are some of your strengths? Not many scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    Just be prepared and confident.

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2015.

Walk in the building and have to find an employee who works in the building in order to find the manager. Manager is sometimes helping at the registers or helping customers. Once the manager head towards your direction, he then greets you and smiles (shakes hand). You walk with the manager towards the "do not enter, employees only" door and head towards the office where the computers and walkee's are located. He tells you to please sit down and you do so. The manager then asks questions and writes them down while listening. This may take 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had to help a unsatisfied customer and how did you resolve the situation. This was asked twice during my second interview.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate a better salary, even though I've worked retail/sales for 3 years, but so far everyone is great.

Apparel Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2015.

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview 7 months after. Went to the interview and had a hard time finding someone who could direct me to the hiring manager. Was told to wait in the employee break room and then the store manager came and got me after 10 minutes. The store manager was very laidback and brief. Explained the job and then conducted a brief interview of about 10 questions. He then asked me to do an opinion survey which was about 55 questions. After I did the survey, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate since it's a part time job.

Apparel Associate Interview

Applied online almost a year ago and received a phone call for an interview last Tuesday for this week Monday. Arrived on time and had a hard time finding someone who could direct me to the hiring manager. Was told to wait in the employee break room and waited for about 10 minutes before the store manager came and got me. He was pretty laid back and did brief interview of about 10 minutes, then I was asked to do an opinion survey. From there, I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is your technique or skill in selling baseball products?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate since it's a part-time job.

Hardliners Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2015.

The whole thing took like a month and a half. Interviewed with store manager, district LP, and district manager. Did training in the store I applied for. Very long pricess.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall specific questions just a lot of experience questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Team Sports Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2014.

Applied on line. They called me in for an interview. Asked the normal question. Said I was a should be hearing from someone the following couple days on a choice. It seems like I had the job. Then I had to take this assessment type of multiple choice questionnaire. The next day I got an email saying I didn't get the job...

Footwear Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Asked questions about what would i do scenarios and sports questions .experience a plus in shoes. I knew knowledge in all athletic shoes and had worked for a prior sports store so they like me a lot.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was unhappy with service!   View Answer
    Hired on the spot. Got paid what I asked on app starting 9.50 hr.