Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.2

Merchandising Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2014.

There was one round of interviews and they came to campus for them. Had two half hour interviews with two different representatives from the company. Very personable and easy to talk to. They were open to answering questions asked and they really wanted to what types of questions you had prepared to ask. Make sure to have some personal ones and then other to show you researched the company and knew some background.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all really behavioral and asked a lot about teamwork and working with others, so have examples ready and prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Apparel Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Be passionate about sports and talk about teamwork. It is just like any other standard interview. Have retail experience. You're surrounded by athletes so express how much you love athletics

Sales Associate Interview

The process was relatively straightforward as far as a job in being a sales associate goes. I applied at a store. A few days later I talked to a manager at the store. Then I just had to deal with one person in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience I had in being a salesperson, of which I did not have much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer-Service Sales Associate Interview

got a call about two days after i submit an application. went in to speak to the front end manager then store manager got basic questions about sports knowledge and if i was an athlete.

ECommerce Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2014.

Applied on LinkedIn. Got a call from the recruiter about two weeks later. We discussed my interest in the position and talked about the organization a DSG. Then scheduled a phone interview with the Director of eCommerce two weeks later. During that interview she just asked to describe my background. She was essentially trying to see if my past experiences would be a fit for the role at DSG. One week later we scheduled an in-person interview with 5 team members at the Headquarters in Pittsburgh. The interview was about 3 hours long and met with project managers and the director again. No questions were too hard . Basically quizzed you on how you would go about managing many stakeholders on projects along with general IT management questions. The next day after the in-person interview I got a call saying they wanted me to talk to the VP in eCommerce next week over the phone. The following week, I spoke to the VP and it was more of just a conversation. She wanted to see what questions I may have had and introduce herself to me. Four days later I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was too difficult, they just ask about your background.   Answer Question
    The offer was beyond fair, so I did not negotiate

Senior Architect E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2014.

I applied through a recruiter on-line who initially contacted me. The Recruiter arranged a phone interview first with HR who later arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. The process took about a week before my phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really. The hiring manager was very inexperienced not only as manager but also as an interviewer. I asked some basic questions about what the E-commerce project entailed that he couldn't answer. He said they had been working on it already for a whole year, yet there was no specification, no requirements document, or even a project plan. This baffled me. How do you architect an e-commerce system from the ground-up when nobody has even determined what the requirements needed to be? I didn't care to continue interviewing with this company.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The interview was very laid back. It was a two step interview process. The first one with the manager of the department your applying for and the second one with the store manager.