Dick's Sporting Goods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.2

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Littleton, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

A series of 6-8, Q & A's conducted by the Manager for situational, and or actual experiences I encountered as a Sales Associate with actual Customer interaction.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked for several senarios of how I would conduct myself with a customer inquiry about any camping, fishing, hunting product. Also I was asked to describe a negative prior sales experience and how I handle the negative customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating due to company set range of hourly pay. I came with exerience in sales so Manager was able to get me the top pay for a P/T Sales Associate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2015.

Interview

Put in an application online and called next day... was told the application won't hit the system until day 3. Called on day 3 and was told to come in for an interview. Did so and had 2 -1:1 interviews. One with store manager other with front end manager. Was hired on the spot. Started orientation 3 days later.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Huntsville, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

it was really easy, first one was in a group of 8 or so, the interviewer just ask a question and then we go around telling about ourself and answer the question.

Interview Questions

• what kind of sports you play or had played?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any negotiation because i didn't really care for it because i know other places pay much less

Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Will call and perform a phone screen, set up an initial interview, have any position that will be using a register (which is about every store associate) take a sterling review. If the interview and sterling are a proceed then you will be called back for a second interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What sports do you play? customer service experience? prior positions? what sports have you played? How did you handle a negative customer experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Two parts. Interview with assistant manager and follow up with the real manager. Both people were extremely friendly and did a good job of describing the position(which was really simple)

Merchandising Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter within a week or two. A week later I skyped with a recruiters. Following the Skype interview, I was invited to Skype with two other DSG employees in the merchandising department. I was then invited to the corporate headquarters in Pittsburg, PA with other candidates. The first day we had a presentation on the program, were given a great tour of Pittsburgh, and then taken to a nice Italian dinner. The following day we each had two interviews, lunch, and a campus tour. Everyone was extremely inviting, and the recruiters were great and really organized.

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online almost a year ago and received a phone call for an interview last Tuesday for this week Monday. Arrived on time and had a hard time finding someone who could direct me to the hiring manager. Was told to wait in the employee break room and waited for about 10 minutes before the store manager came and got me. He was pretty laid back and did brief interview of about 10 minutes, then I was asked to do an opinion survey. From there, I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your technique or skill in selling baseball products?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it's a part-time job.

Apparel Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call for an interview 7 months after. Went to the interview and had a hard time finding someone who could direct me to the hiring manager. Was told to wait in the employee break room and then the store manager came and got me after 10 minutes. The store manager was very laidback and brief. Explained the job and then conducted a brief interview of about 10 questions. He then asked me to do an opinion survey which was about 55 questions. After I did the survey, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it's a part time job.

Golf Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

2 day process. First interview fielded most questions, many of which were team and sports based. Questions were relatively easy and straightforward. Offered position at end of second interview. Met with two different managers. Store manager usually performs second interview and decides if they wish to hire, but he was unavailable. Needless to say it wasn't very difficult to get the job, and I don't think it would have mattered for him to even be there.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Footwear Lead Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Asked questions about what would i do scenarios and sports questions .experience a plus in shoes. I knew knowledge in all athletic shoes and had worked for a prior sports store so they like me a lot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unhappy with service!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hired on the spot. Got paid what I asked on app starting 9.50 hr.