Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

If you can form logical sentences and talk to people - you're good to go.
    Actually, even if you can't meet either of those conditions... you're probably good to go.
    Applied online, in person interview, I think they offered me the job later that day... holiday season, they really needed people.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online and received an email to set up an appointment for an interview within the next few weeks. The interview was fairly easy and comfortable but they do kind of judge based on whether or not you look at athletic.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Got right in at time assigned for interview. After applying online, called to speak with manager and set up an interview that way. Only took 2 days for her to make a decision that was for another person.

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Hiring process was extremely drawn out. I had to make phone calls to the corporate headquarters and my local store's HR department multiple times to get my application checked in the first place. Also the company career website is updated infrequently which led me to apply for a position that was no longer available.

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

The interview itself was basic.. Average. The manager that interviewed me was not the manager of the location I was interviewing for, although that manager was on site. It was followed up by one of those generic "surveys" that posts the same question several different ways to see if you are consistent. I always lose interest in a company when I encounter those type of "surveys".

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you provided great customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you received poor customer service and how did that affect you.   Answer Question

Sales Support Manager Interview

They ask you questions that are very typical in the interview process. However, they have more of an emphasis on sports. Some of the questions are tell us about a time that you recommended a product to someone one, what was it and how did you pitch it to them.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Their interview process started out great with communication from HR, but when the actual interview took place it went downhill fast. The questions I was asked had no relevance to the position I was applying for and the interviewer didn't seem interested in talking about the position and what the project would consist of for the summer.

Interview Questions
    • None of their questions were relevant for the work I was being interviewed for - that was the hardest part about the interview. There were no objective measures to quantify how the interview was going.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

3 interviews; 1 with the recruiter, 1 with the DM, and 1 with the RVP (included a meeting with loss prevention and HR). The total hiring process took a little more than 4 weeks and the interviews were not difficult.

Negotiated for a higher salary and had my answer in less than 24 hours

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Very basic interview, list your strengths your weaknesses. Then tell them a good story about how you resolved an issue in the workplace. The interviewer was very laid back and seemed to hint that I already had the position upon showing up.

Cashier/CES Interview

Applied online and got a call back the next day. The process was a little unprofessional due to the fact the store manager forgot I had an interview that day and ended up rescheduling me. But it was during holiday season so I was not too mad.

Interview Questions
    • Situation questions such as explain a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how did you handle it.   View Answer