Dick's Sporting Goods

218 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Filled out application for new store opening. Received phone call to come in and for an interview. Interviewed one-on-one with two different managers. Then I received the offer at the end of the interview session and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – The interview wasn't difficult. The one question that was unexpected was that if I was okay with helping customers with putting shoes on their feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me 8.50 an hour and I accepted. Not much for negotiations for sales associates.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Highland, IN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed for seasonal sales assoc. position. After my interview went great they said I was perfectly qualified and would hire me on the spot if I wouldn't go back to school in the fall. Made no sense. It was a new hiring manager.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, job history, and times where you may have dealt with unhappy customers.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Had to take a test online which was about integrity. Really simple

Interview Question – Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Lodge Sales Associate
Jefferson City, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2012.

Interview Details – Professional and swift. Was like having a mass interview process where you get about 10 minutes to tell everything.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Vendor Direct ECommerce Analyst Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in April 2013.

Interview Details – Process started with brief phone call with recruiter who asked me basic questions about my resume and salary range before sharing my resume with eCom team. Was then contacted for an on-site interview with 4 team members. On-site interview went great, culture seems great, got tour of impressive facilities. Recruiter called me a couple days later saying I was great fit for team but asked if I was interested in different role that still fit my salary range. I said absolutely and recruiter said she would touch base with team and let them know and more or less gave verbal offer. After 2 months of back and forth follow up, recruiter called to say they decided to fill role internally and was very apologetic.

Interview Question – All basic interview and behavioral questions. One question which I had prepared for was if you could improve our site in one way, what would you suggest?   Answer Question

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

Lodge Sales Associate
Orange Park, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later i was called in for an interview. The first interview was with the assistant manager, i answered some "tell me a time when you...." questions then took a 80 question personality/work ethics test (common sense) he told me the next part of the interview was to schedule a second interview but if i didnt past the 80 question test they couldnt hire me. 4 days after my first interview i had an interview with the manager. He ask me more "tell me a time when you....." questions and asked me how much i knew about fishing, hunting, and camping. I filled out a background check and he told me he would let me know if i get offered the job when he gets the background check back. 6 days later i got a call and they said they wanted to offer me the job. A couple days of training then they feed you to the wolves.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you messed up or made a mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. be friendly. the people working here are not uptight jerks.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Interview Details – A complete waste of time. I was originally interviewed and felt I would have been hired by the Store Manager and DM. One month goes by and I am asked to interview again with two additional Managers. I then find out the original manager has left the company and I was on the short list. These two had made up their minds about me within the first two minutes. Having over 20 years experience in retail management, I felt my age was a deciding factor in my bad experience. When I asked insightful questions such as, "What department do you feel has the most unrealized potential?" These two proceed to tell me that Softlines is their top producer. What??? Maybe if I worded the question differently they may have understood. This is the top management on the front line? Both with less than 3 years in management and the company. Or how about the perplexing question I posed,"How do you deal with your work and life balance?" This resulted in simple blank stares and a shrug of the shoulders.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   View Answer

Outdoors Department Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 and interviewed for a position I didnt know about until there

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interview Details – I arrived at the store 10 minutes early. Began my interview with the first manager, did an "opinion" survey, then I interviewed with another manager (strangely he asked me the same questions the other manager did). After the interviews, I was told I'd get a call as soon as tomorrow. Sure enough I received a call the day after and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Most were pretty self explanatory and easy questions.   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Footwear Sales Associate
Leawood, KS

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview with basic questions about experience.

Interview Question – Asked about what experience I had, asked a question about going beyond the call to help another person and whether it was successful or not   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dick's Sporting Goods