Dick's Sporting Goods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Nike Brand Coordinator Interview

Nike Brand Coordinator

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, ask you the usual questions of "why you and what will you bring to our team?" and "what's your experience in the field"

Interview Question – None were that difficult, use your head and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Dick's Sporting Goods website. They called back in less than a week. I went into the interview with one of the managers. He was really nice and funny. He asked the basic interview questions, but he knew they were generic and made the interview more of a conversation.

Interview Question – Name one of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Support Manager Interview

Sales Support Manager
Laguna Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2009.

Interview Details – There are 2 interviews and a ethics survey. Employees pass the survey and interview with a sales and then the store manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Footwear Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a telephone call from the soft lines manager to schedule an interview. Upon arrival to the store for the interview, I was asked to wait in footwear where the manager would finish their task at hand and meet me. After introductions, I was brought back to the offices where the interview took place. It went painlessly and quickly since the manager and I shared similar interests in activities. After that point, the interview initial interview concluded and I was immediately interviewed by the store manager and hired on the spot. The first day of hire was the day of paperwork and training, which is to be expected, and I was also allowed to work a few hours on the floor to become accustomed to the store atmosphere.

Interview Question – All questions asked were either expected or easily answered based on previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no room to negotiate rate of pay at time or hire

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was very sports related. Asking about participation in sports and if you lived the sports lifestyle. They want employees to reflect the brand.

Interview Question – How did you overcome defeat in a team sport situation when it was clear a team mate lost the game for you.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very quick, they needed to hire quickly. Do not know if that did a background check, but I would assume so. Asked if you played sports and which all you now play or did play.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to help a customer choose between two products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation except for hours,they are very nice about making sure you can work your scheduled hours,

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Footwear Sales Associate
Greensburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2012.

Interview Details – Was called for an interview about one week after applying online. Brought into the store for an initial interview with the Manager of Footwear/Apparel. Was then brought in for a second interview with the Store Manager. Both interviews were relatively easy.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you settled the dispute.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Team Sports Associate Interview

Team Sports Associate
South Portland, ME

I applied online - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was typical. I filled out the online application and got a call back from an assistant store manager within a few weeks. I had three interviews, one with an assistant store manager two more with a store manager.

Interview Question – All the questions asked were typical for any customer service or retail position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in May 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was fairly easy and straightforward - they ask you why you want to work there, definitely talk about passion. Be prepared to actually talk about sports/equipment because they do want you trying to sell/push products so seem as passionate as possible. A few generic questions about customer service and handling difficulties in the work place. "Personality" survey pretty much about punctuality, drug (marijuana) use, integrity. Just use common sense. I had a second interview with the general manager which was also pretty laid back and simple. He wanted to talk about "me" and me in the position I was applying for. As long as you seem upstanding and into sports you should be golden.

Interview Question – They asked about a product I ever recommended to another person related to my sports interests (hockey & running) so just think of a simple answer about why you suggested that product to a teammate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, I think I made 8/hr