Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I applied online and heard back within a week. Came in for an interview with the associate manager. He asked basic questions about my experience with outdoor goods. Immediately had an interview with the store manager. Her questions were about the same. They offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult or unexpected questions. All it took was being able to hold a conversation.   Answer Question
In the initial interview he gave me a rough figure and when they offered me the job they said they would stick to the original figure he mentioned but it would break the wage scale so they would have to get it approved.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in June 2014.

Hiring process was extremely drawn out. I had to make phone calls to the corporate headquarters and my local store's HR department multiple times to get my application checked in the first place. Also the company career website is updated infrequently which led me to apply for a position that was no longer available.

Lodge Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Everything went very quick. Submitted my resume online and heard back within days. Had two interviews one with basically an assistant manager, and then one with the store manager. Both were very straight forward interviews with logical questions involving my knowledge of the outdoors. Also involved questions regarding what brands and equipment I use.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything in particular that was difficult   Answer Question
    There was not much of a negotiation phase. Later, closer to when I went back to school, I found out a few of my co workers were making more than $4-6 more, and they were hired more than 3-4 months after me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steubenville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steubenville, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in February 2014.

It was relatively simple process. I had an interview the with assistant manager, then took an integrity test, then had an interview with the store manager. I was very qualified for the job so everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2013.

I applied online and about a week later i was called in for an interview. The first interview was with the assistant manager, i answered some "tell me a time when you...." questions then took a 80 question personality/work ethics test (common sense) he told me the next part of the interview was to schedule a second interview but if i didnt past the 80 question test they couldnt hire me. 4 days after my first interview i had an interview with the manager. He ask me more "tell me a time when you....." questions and asked me how much i knew about fishing, hunting, and camping. I filled out a background check and he told me he would let me know if i get offered the job when he gets the background check back. 6 days later i got a call and they said they wanted to offer me the job. A couple days of training then they feed you to the wolves.

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. be friendly. the people working here are not uptight jerks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2012.

Professional and swift. Was like having a mass interview process where you get about 10 minutes to tell everything.

There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

Submit an application online and wait. Short interviews in the back. Friendly and not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • None. As long as you know what you're applying for they ask basics.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Hired me above minimum wage.