Dick's Sporting Goods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Merchandise Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in December 2008.

Interview Details – It took several months after applying for me to hear from Dicks. When they finally called, we scheduled a phone interview with one of the recruiters where they asked me about my base salary requirements and experience. I then was invited into the corporate office for an intense afternoon of interviews. I believe that I interviewed with 12 different people (2 in each 30 min time slot - 6 time slots total). An offer was made the next day.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with E3 or Arthur Allocations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very hard to negotiate with. I was only able to get my salary raised 1K and was not able to gain additional vacation time.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Merchandise Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter came to my school. Went through 2 interviews. One was real basic resume and experience questions. The other was a behavioral interview. Questions were in the form of "tell me a time when...." or "how would you handle... " or "have you ever encountered....". The second interview lasted a long time, and I think that the interviewer was tired of conducting the same interview over and over which made me less enthusiastic because I felt like the interviewer wasn't interested at all.

Interview Question – How did you handle a group member who was uncooperative?   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!