Dick's Sporting Goods

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in December 2008.

It took several months after applying for me to hear from Dicks. When they finally called, we scheduled a phone interview with one of the recruiters where they asked me about my base salary requirements and experience. I then was invited into the corporate office for an intense afternoon of interviews. I believe that I interviewed with 12 different people (2 in each 30 min time slot - 6 time slots total). An offer was made the next day.

Interview Questions
They were very hard to negotiate with. I was only able to get my salary raised 1K and was not able to gain additional vacation time.

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Merchandise Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2010.

Recruiter came to my school. Went through 2 interviews. One was real basic resume and experience questions. The other was a behavioral interview. Questions were in the form of "tell me a time when...." or "how would you handle... " or "have you ever encountered....". The second interview lasted a long time, and I think that the interviewer was tired of conducting the same interview over and over which made me less enthusiastic because I felt like the interviewer wasn't interested at all.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a group member who was uncooperative?   Answer Question

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!