Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Staten Island, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went fairly smooth. The process took about 2 weeks. I applied online, and 2 weeks later, I got called in for an interview. The managers were very nice and welcoming. I had an interview with the soft lines manager, and then the general manager. He hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite sport and why?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone at work or at school.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for This company?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had a difficult customer, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

Applied online at snagajob.com. Got a call back for an interview a few days later. Asked me basic interview questions (experience,skills,interests,etc.). Came back for a second interview next day with the store manager. Same questions as previous interview. I felt very good about both interviews and I had previous retail experience so I was very hopeful for a job offer. Store manager said he would definitely call me back. Again I felt very positive about this especially with my experience. Never got a call back waited for a few weeks not one word back from them. Very disappointed especially because they had told me they were very much in need of help(asked when I could start/come in, etc.)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews for a sales associate position. I was not really sure what to think of the hiring process at first, but once I was hired everything went smooth.

Interview Questions

• How come only the "bigger" stores get release products?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Pembroke Pines, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a amazing interview , fun loving place they made me feel like I was already a member of there team, they asked me what type of sports I liked . How can I inform customers about items such as chin straps , bats , clothing .

Interview Questions

• What type of sports I play   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and filled out the form. Submitted my resume with the form online. Was called back within 3 days about an in person interview. 30-40 min interview was offered the job after the interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• 1-10 how well do you think you could handle yourself on the floor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Niles, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

You go through 2 interviews one with a general manager and then the second with store manager. After the first interview you take a online questionnaire. The questionnaire is just situations and if you agree or disagree that it is right or wrong. It's fairly easy, if you have retail experience you will do fine. Just make sure to sit right and make eye contact they love that.

Interview Questions

• Do you play any sports? When did you give good customer service? When did you go through a challenge with a sport and how did you solve it? What three things are included in good customer service? Are you able to work in more then one department? Are you comfortable asking customers to join a card ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

The interview process overall was relatively easy. The majority of questions revolved around expertise in athletic equipment and apparel as well as customer service experience. The first interview was with an assistant manager. The second interview was with the store manager and the offer followed directly after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in when you received poor customer service. What made it poor? Describe a time in which you received good customer service and what made it good?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Interview

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question