Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

1.9

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Applied online at snagajob.com. Got a call back for an interview a few days later. Asked me basic interview questions (experience,skills,interests,etc.). Came back for a second interview next day with the store manager. Same questions as previous interview. I felt very good about both interviews and I had previous retail experience so I was very hopeful for a job offer. Store manager said he would definitely call me back. Again I felt very positive about this especially with my experience. Never got a call back waited for a few weeks not one word back from them. Very disappointed especially because they had told me they were very much in need of help(asked when I could start/come in, etc.)

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I had a total of 3 interviews for a sales associate position. I was not really sure what to think of the hiring process at first, but once I was hired everything went smooth.

Interview Questions
    • How come only the "bigger" stores get release products?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2014.

You go through 2 interviews one with a general manager and then the second with store manager. After the first interview you take a online questionnaire. The questionnaire is just situations and if you agree or disagree that it is right or wrong. It's fairly easy, if you have retail experience you will do fine. Just make sure to sit right and make eye contact they love that.

Interview Questions
    • Do you play any sports? When did you give good customer service? When did you go through a challenge with a sport and how did you solve it? What three things are included in good customer service? Are you able to work in more then one department? Are you comfortable asking customers to join a card ?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in November 2014.

Applied online and filled out the form. Submitted my resume with the form online. Was called back within 3 days about an in person interview. 30-40 min interview was offered the job after the interview was completed.

Interview Questions
    • 1-10 how well do you think you could handle yourself on the floor   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The interview process overall was relatively easy. The majority of questions revolved around expertise in athletic equipment and apparel as well as customer service experience.
    The first interview was with an assistant manager. The second interview was with the store manager and the offer followed directly after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in when you received poor customer service. What made it poor? Describe a time in which you received good customer service and what made it good?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was relatively straightforward as far as a job in being a sales associate goes. I applied at a store. A few days later I talked to a manager at the store. Then I just had to deal with one person in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience I had in being a salesperson, of which I did not have much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2014.

Standard customer service questions, just be cheerful and act as though you are passionate about whatever product type you are interested in. However, whatever they tell you about be able to move up the chain to better jobs levels and/or pay - they are lying through their teeth. NO full time jobs, the work is physically hard (depending on your area). Eventually you wind up doing all the work in your area by yourself without thanks. It IS fun to work with your fellow employees, but management will eventually treat you like slave labor. BTW - no visible tats or multiple piercings or wild color hair. Sorry kids, time to grow up and join the business world.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really surprising. Probably describe the best/worse customer service event.   View Answer
    High education will get you a better pay base but then once you start, they cut your hours. No real negotiation. I actually stood to leave when they offered me the original pay but they eventually increased it a little.