Dick's Sporting Goods

Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.0

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It is really laid back. You meet with the Store Manager. He ask you a few questions. All person has to do is be able to hold a conversation. Talk about sports and what you enjoy about retail. When it comes to hiring a person just needs to be ready for a few online videos about the departments. That process take about half a day.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were very basic. How would handle a situation with a difficult customer?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted about 4-5 days after submitting an application online to ask some basic questions and set up an in-person interview. I met with the soft lines manager for the first interview. It was a pretty standard, straight forward interview and was a very casual/non-intimidating atmosphere. After the interview, she had me take a computer test to check my competency as a person and potential employee. This took about 15-20 minutes. I was contacted 3 days after my first interview to come in the following Monday (3 days after I received the call). The second interview was basically the same as the first interview except I met with the store manager. I was contacted later the same day notifying me that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Just a lot of basic interview questions, plus a few questions about favorite sports etc.   Answer Question
    There was very little negotiating as I was offered a salary towards the upper end of what they would normally offer someone for that position.

Sales Associate Interview

The process was relatively straightforward as far as a job in being a sales associate goes. I applied at a store. A few days later I talked to a manager at the store. Then I just had to deal with one person in HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience I had in being a salesperson, of which I did not have much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was simple, fast, and easy. Standard questions such as work conflicts that I've had and how I handled them, what I believe is good customer service etc. I had one interview and was hired by the store manager. I filled out all my paperwork and started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in August 2014.

3 interviews. 4 week process. Lots of back and forth communication. First interview was with a sales associate advisor. Second was with a team leader. Third was with store manager. All very kind. They just want someone who cares about the customer on a personal level.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself working in the store?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Dicks Sporting Goods?   Answer Question
    I don't have any work experience so I was offered minimum wage which I gladly accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brunswick, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

Standard Questions. I applied online and it took a week or two to get back to me. when they did i had an interview with a manager. the manager really didn't really seem that interested in the interview process and not too mention that they made me wait a while for it. i had a second interview the next day with a different manager and they said they would call me if i had the job. they never called.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do while dealing with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods.

If you can form logical sentences and talk to people - you're good to go.
    Actually, even if you can't meet either of those conditions... you're probably good to go.
    Applied online, in person interview, I think they offered me the job later that day... holiday season, they really needed people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online. One week later I received a call from the sales manager and set up an interview. The interview was simple. They asked behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) and about my sports interests etc. Then I had to take an online personality questionnaire. I was then asked back for a second interview the following day. I met with the store manager he asked similar questions and I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for a time when I had experienced bad customer service. It caught me off guard because those things don't usually bother me too much.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2014.

Went through a two part interview. First I interviewed with the a department manager. He was great and had a positive energy to the interview. Most of the interview was full of basic standard non specific interview questions. They just read the questions from a standard form. Completely robotic process. After the first interview i had to interview with the store manager... who had to leave early the day of my interview so i had to reschedule and come in a second time. The day before my second interview i was called to reschedule because the store manager was now unavailable a second time. This time i was given 4 days over the next month that the manager was available. When i finally did make it in to the interview the store manager came off as the most arrogant self centered person in the world. They jumped through the same basic questions and then basically told me since i didn't have full availability that this was a waste of time and ended the interview. The first interviewer told me that what i had for availability was no problem and would be more than reasonable. Glad to see there is communication between managers...

After the first interview i was thinking I'd want to work in the store but after 2 minutes of the second I don't even want to shop in the store again. UNBELIEVABLE!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing challenging just questions designed to make you think on your feet about a past experience. Completely unoriginal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2014.

I was initially contacted by phone to set up an in person interview. After arriving 15 minutes early for my interview I had to wait another 45 minutes for the manager to show up. When the interview finally began he asked me questions as if it were an extreme inconvenience for him. I do not recall one time that he looked me in the eye and he even ridiculed me for wearing a suit to the interview. The end of the interview was a session in front of a computer to answer personality questions. The manager left me in the room alone saying after I finished that I could go and he would be in touch. After 3 months I gave up on hearing from them about the job (yes, that is sarcasm). But it is reasonable to think I would have at least gotten a letter saying I was no longer considered for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you wear a suit to this interview?   View Answer

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!