Dick's Sporting Goods

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2009.

Interview Details – Took a long time to get any word from the company. Once I was given an interview, I was talked down to because I had more education than the interviewer, who also had no experience in the industry. Most of the interview was about my resume, which the interviewer had not read over beforehand, resulting in a lot of repeat questions and questions that were answered in the resume ("Did you finish high school?" When I've graduated from college.)

I learned that their version of full time is not full time, and it sounded like there was no garuntee of hours. The job entailed a lot of what should have been the manager's responsibility, but did not pay accordingly. Now I know why the stores are usually so messy and the staff doesn't know about the product- they're too busy doing the job that management is not.

Interview Questions

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2008.

Interview Details – Not hard at all. Ask the typical questions an interviewer must ask. felt like he/she was reading off the screen
pretty hilarious

Interview Question – Strengthns adn Weaknesses   View Answer

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!