Dick's Sporting Goods

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altoona, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2014.

I applied online and was called about 2 weeks later. The interviewer seemed very unprepared as if it was the first time she had looked at my application. They don't even look at the resume you upload to their site, just what you write in the boxes of the general form. The interviewer was confused as to how I would do my current job and the job I was going for, even after I made it clear that I would leave my current job for the new position. This was an issue she was continually hung up on throughout the conversation. The whole interview lasted less than 15 minutes and left me with the impression that the company's management was very disorganized. I showed up in a business suit and it seemed to intimidate the interviewer. After the discussion I had with management, I decided I don't want to work for their company.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dick's Sporting Goods

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2012.

submit application along with resume, followed by two interviews, if liked a job offer will be given based on your experience and time spent in the sales industry. The interview is much like any others, they ask benign questions like what is your strengths in your personality, and even what your hobbies are in your spare time. more difficult questions were based on scenarios that could or have occurred during your line in of work whether past or present.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected questions are irrelevant here, they stay on topic. The most unexpected question was if you are planning on staying with our company, what aspect of your job requirements are you most likely going to have slip as your work begins to become more habitual than a newer job like after the first six months to a year. I thought it was an interesting yet difficult question because usually an employer would ask what your weaknesses may be, but the way it was worded was simple after thinking about it... the interviewer wanted to see if you would continue with a job and eventually get lazy and skip out on certain tasks that you as a manager are/would be entitled to do on a daily basis.   View Answer

Had another offer with a higher base salary and commission rates. nothing personal against the company, I just needed more money to fulfill the lifestyle I was accustomed to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

2 interviews and i was hired

how much do you want to get paid i told him what I wanted and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2011.

Interviewed me in October. The company asks a lot of 2 based questions.... What was instant where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how did you deal with it??

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2008.

I was transferring from another state. I Contacted the DM & Store Manager with my experience and was offered a position in only a couple days

Interview Questions
    I transfered so my salary was transferred as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2008.

Filled out application online. Received call a couple days later. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions
    The named a pay rate and I said yes.

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2009.

apply online, most applications aren't ever even seen. called for first interview with sales manager, then on to second interview with store manager. you need to take an integrity test if your applying for any position dealing with money, apparel, or team sports over the phone ( at that point you'll know if your getting hired if they call you back. fail the test and no job, even if interviews go well).

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you were faced with a problem you did not have a solution to   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2008.

I met the recruiter at my college's career fair. I got a response that I'd been selected for an interview about two weeks later. I had my first interview on campus with the recruiter and one manager. Another two weeks later I was invited for another round of interviews that were conducted in a store by four more store managers. I was offered the job about six months before my start date.

Interview Questions
    • They asked several questions about my previous customer service experience and leadership qualifications.   Answer Question
    The only thing I was ever able to negotiate was my location and they allowed me more time to consider the offer than originally stated.