Dick's Sporting Goods

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in September 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews and i was hired

Negotiation Details – how much do you want to get paid i told him what I wanted and got it.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in March 2008.

Interview Details – Filled out application online. Received call a couple days later. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The named a pay rate and I said yes.

Raleigh, NC

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was transferring from another state. I Contacted the DM & Store Manager with my experience and was offered a position in only a couple days

Interview Question – How often do you check TEAM?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I transfered so my salary was transferred as well

Tucson, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed me in October. The company asks a lot of 2 based questions.... What was instant where you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how did you deal with it??

Interview Question – Favorite(and least) part of your your current job   Answer Question

Sales Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in January 2009.

Interview Details – apply online, most applications aren't ever even seen. called for first interview with sales manager, then on to second interview with store manager. you need to take an integrity test if your applying for any position dealing with money, apparel, or team sports over the phone ( at that point you'll know if your getting hired if they call you back. fail the test and no job, even if interviews go well).

Interview Question – tell me about a time you were faced with a problem you did not have a solution to   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dick's Sporting Goods in October 2008.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter at my college's career fair. I got a response that I'd been selected for an interview about two weeks later. I had my first interview on campus with the recruiter and one manager. Another two weeks later I was invited for another round of interviews that were conducted in a store by four more store managers. I was offered the job about six months before my start date.

Interview Question – They asked several questions about my previous customer service experience and leadership qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only thing I was ever able to negotiate was my location and they allowed me more time to consider the offer than originally stated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dick's Sporting Goods

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dick's Sporting Goods employees and interview candidates.