Dickinson College

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dickinson College

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dickinson College in August 2012.

Applied online and heard back within two weeks. First one of the faculty called me for an interview and was extremely friendly and was a very casual interview about my CV. Then, I received an e-mail that they wanted to interview me. They paid for my flight and hotel, and I met with most of the faculty and staff I would be working with. The interview was very relaxed and asked basic questions and it was more geared towards what my jobs and responsibilities were. I got along with everyone and they were very cordial. Overall, an excellent interview process. I received a call a few days later saying I got the job

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to overcome an obstacle or problem during your duties   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, he called me and offered me a job and stated the salary they were going to pay me. Did not negotiate

Orientation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dickinson College in May 2011.

There were a lot of applicants for this position. Apparently, students of Dickinson College enjoy working as an Orientation Assistant it seems. However, I am glad that I did not receive this position as it would conflict my vacation plans as well. The interview questions were not that difficult. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Pick an object from this room and say why it seemed important to you.   Answer Question

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dickinson College in May 2008.

Faculty apply to a Department in which they are qualified to teach. If the hiring committee like your application and you bring the expertise required at the time, a small group call you on the phone. If you do well on the phone you may be one of the 3 or 5 invited on campus for a day or two of interviews. Generally, you meet with faculty, administrators and students majoring in your area of expertise. You also "teach" a class so that the hiring committee can get a sense for your teaching style and command of the subject area.

Not much negotiation for a Visiting professor job; was able to add some money for the move.