Dickstein Shapiro

Confidential Business Professional Interview

Confidential Business Professional
Washington, DC

Interviewed at Dickstein Shapiro

Interview Details – The interview process is very structured: phone screen, on-site interview with testing and interviews with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. More behavioral base towards the 2nd interview. Discussed passions, work style, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Dickstein Shapiro.

Interview Details – interviews with recruiter, senior manager and director.

Interview Question – Nothing too strenuous   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New Business Intake Assistant Interview

New Business Intake Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dickstein Shapiro in May 2009.

Interview Details – Preliminary interview with HR team member, discussed resume and position details. Required to take grammar, spelling and basic Microsoft Suite skills tests. Called back for second interview and met managers of department. More detailed information about the position given.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected; asked typical questions about background with using software, plans for career future, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not attempt negotiation

Technology & Resource Solutions Department Staff Interview

Technology & Resource Solutions Department Staff

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dickstein Shapiro in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online by sending my resume and a cover letter to a job posting on Craigslist. I got a call for an impromptu phone interview in which I was asked about previous work experience, college degree (I had just graduated) and expectations for the position I applied for.

We scheduled an in-person interview at the end of the phone conversation for the following week. I met the HR representative in the morning and she took me to a room to take an excel skills test as well as a grammar and spelling test both of which were on the computer and which I did not find exceedingly difficult but were challenging nonetheless. The excel test did not require knowledge of equations or anything advanced like that, but just how to create a basic table and graph. The grammar and spelling test was similar to what you would see on an SAT type test. After these tests I was told to fill out an application by hand (thank goodness I brought all of my information on past employment with me, like phone numbers and addresses of employers).

I then had a one on one interview with the HR representative who was very friendly and nice, as well as knowledgeable about the company. She asked standard interview questions based off of my resume and it was somewhat causal in nature. She then took me to speak with the manager of the department that I would be working under if hired for a one on one interview. She was very easy to talk to and made me feel welcome and at ease. She answered all of my specific questions about the position and I explained some of my background experience to her. At this point I was told the director of HR was out of town, but I would do a phone interview with her at a later date. (In a normal day, I would have gone to have a one on one with her as well, I presume.)

I wrote thank you emails to everyone I spoke with and received emails from the HR rep asking for 3 recommendations and for me to sign off on a background check. I received a call the next week asking if I had any other offers and if I had any salary requirements ( I did have another offer but I said I didn't have any salary requirements since I had just graduated form college and had never had a salary paid job before). I got a call by that Friday to offer me the job, tell me the salary and details of my first day of training.

Overall, very good experience and great company!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered above what I expected so there was no need to negotiate.

Worked for Dickstein Shapiro? Contribute to the Community!