Diebold Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Diebold in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, It seemed to go well. I was asked to take a personality test afterward and not to contact them in the mean time. I took the test and got a rejection letter about a 6 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was a project you worked on and what was the result?   Answer Question

Computer Science Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Diebold (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was given an on site campus interview. Talked to HR and was asked what I knew about the company, and why I was interested in working for them. The interview was fairly easy. They only asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Also, be sure to know some facts about the company before talking to them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a team and how did you solve this problem? How do you manage time? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Director Executive Compensation Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diebold (North Canton, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was started with a phone interview. This is an automatic turn off for me. The fact that you choose a candidate but you only have time to do a 10 minute phone screen is just lazy and impersonal. I get managers are busy, but if you want to hire and retain good employees you need to spend some time with your candidates. Just a poor experience with this employer.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diebold (Atlantic City, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Just phone interview. Asked general questions about education and experience with the company. Asked me why I believe I was the right candidate. Then proceeded to ask me questions of my current position, how did it apply to the position I was applying for? Have I ever performed that kind of job?

Interview Questions

• Have I ever performed that kind of job?   1 Answer

Physical Security Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diebold (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Many steps, but reasonably simple to navigate. was grilled by two individuals then told they would think about it due to other candidates. One hour later they were beating down my door. Hold out for the best offer. Do not accept the first offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were trapped in the bottom of a blender, how would you get out?   1 Answer

Electronic Security Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Diebold (Bridgeport, CT).

Interview

Traveled to CT for an interview and it was apparent that the manager had no clue what the job entailed. Admitted that he had no experience in the security field. Low ball salary. Wasn't the image of a professional in a management position. Never received a call back.

Low pay

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Diebold (Akron, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Overall the interview process was a complete waste of time. Even though I was referred by a current employee and the company was supposedly desperate to hire engineers it was 37 days from the time I submitted my application online to the time I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. It should be noted that by this time I had already accepted a position elsewhere and was in the process of resigning from my current employer. I was still interested in the opportunity though. When it was all said and done I had two phone interviews with two separate development departments. The manager in the first interview immediately dismissed me when I said that did about 50/50 C# and Vb.net at then current employer although I am very proficient in C#. The interview continued but I felt like I had many marks against me because of this. I received a call back from the recruiter saying that the manager who interviewed my had both positives and negative things to say about me. He wouldn't really go into specifics, but did recommend I interview with the other department. The other interview was for a Sr Dev position on one of the R&D teams. I knew going into this I wasn't as qualified for this position as I was the first one (at the time I had about 5 years of qa and software development experience just to give you an idea). This was a very technical interview asking me specific questions about processes I had worked on years ago. There was a large group of people conducting this interview and it was hard to hear all the different voices at different levels over the phone. It would have been more efficient to bring me in one day and let me interview with whatever departments were hiring. I was a little off put that so many technical questions were being asked via the phone especially with the noise and thick accents some of the developers/managers on the line had. After the second interview I never received a call back from the recruiter, a few weeks later I got a 'thanks but no thanks' email from their automated system. By that time, I had already started at my new job anyways. Honestly looking back I feel like I dodged a bullet with this company. Just a quick Google search shows how unorganized and corrupt things are at this place. I have also heard from the employee who referred me that there are constant layoffs and morale is absolutely awful. I get the feeling that they are interviewing software people in America just for the sake of interviewing as they want to outsource a lot of the IT work to India.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview we mainly talked about my past roles in development, and they asked questions about how I mentored entry level developers at my previous employer. I was also asked how much I worked on C# as opposed to VB.net   1 Answer
    • In the second interview I was asked a lot of specifics about prior projects I had worked on. One was how I generated models for the WCF service I worked on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Diebold (North Canton, OH).

Interview

I gave them my resume at a career fair. I ended up hearing from them a little later than I expected so I thought I missed the opportunity but they did call me back. They set up a phone interview, which took about half hour. After the interview they said that they had some more interviews and that I wouldn't hear back until the middle of the next week after the last one.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview with no unexpected questions. As it was an internship, focus was primarily on soft skills such as working as part of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship and I really just accept the initial offer.

License Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diebold (North Canton, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very short and was very informative. The hiring manager did do a phone interview due to being out of state and was very informative about the position. Once hired on the process was overall good due to trying to figure out when to do orientation.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

Phone interview answered basic question with HR and then answered questions from a current engineer. It was relaxed and no technical question were asked. They call later and I was given 4 days to make a decision on accepting their offer.

Negotiation

No negotiation