Diebold

2.9

Physical Security Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diebold.

Many steps, but reasonably simple to navigate. was grilled by two individuals then told they would think about it due to other candidates. One hour later they were beating down my door. Hold out for the best offer. Do not accept the first offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were trapped in the bottom of a blender, how would you get out?   View Answer

Electronic Security Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Diebold.

Traveled to CT for an interview and it was apparent that the manager had no clue what the job entailed. Admitted that he had no experience in the security field. Low ball salary. Wasn't the image of a professional in a management position. Never received a call back.

Low pay

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Diebold.

I gave them my resume at a career fair. I ended up hearing from them a little later than I expected so I thought I missed the opportunity but they did call me back. They set up a phone interview, which took about half hour. After the interview they said that they had some more interviews and that I wouldn't hear back until the middle of the next week after the last one.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview with no unexpected questions. As it was an internship, focus was primarily on soft skills such as working as part of a team.   Answer Question
    It was an internship and I really just accept the initial offer.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Phone interview answered basic question with HR and then answered questions from a current engineer. It was relaxed and no technical question were asked. They call later and I was given 4 days to make a decision on accepting their offer.

No negotiation

Senior Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diebold.

I was referred to my interviewer (& eventual manager) by the Dean of my departmental studies at college. The initial phone interview lasted @ 15 minutes & the in-person interview was setup for the next day. I provided college transcripts & past job history info during the face-to-face interview & also discussed job requirements as well as personal family info & issues. The next interview session was with the two most senior techs in the branch who gave specific job details & responsibilities. The formal job offer came in the mail the following week & I offered my 2-weeks notice to my then current employer. All personnel were courteous & very knowledgable, the office was very clean & well organized & the work culture was very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult or unexpected questions due to the manager created an extremely comfortable atmosphere, & ultimately allowed me to become emotionally connected to him due to our common life perspectives.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Diebold.

Multiple interviewers, with multiple rounds. Well thought out, though not all interviewers were prepared, or experienced with candidate interview Dos and don'ts. Individual sessions were more effective than panel sessions. Phone interviews were fine, Reimbursement for travel was a bit complicated and directions were not clear. Hotel for candidates from out of town was less than ideal.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve the success of the area you will be responsible for that your boss didn't do previously?   View Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Diebold.

2 corporate HR Directors and HR VP

Interview Questions
    • Could I transition back to a corporate environment after being self employed for 25 years.   Answer Question
    Amicable, base was raised and additional vacation was added.

Customer Service Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diebold.

Telephone interview and 1 on 1 interview after the telephone. I was asked to relocate at my own expense. I knew I had the job the same day after I aced my technical knowledge and personality test.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a contract and I was compelled to accept it

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diebold in July 2013.

I had a phone interview with an HR manager. They asked basic questions to make sure my skills matched the job profile. As a result of the phone interview, I was asked for an on-site. The on-site interview was with the hiring manager and very straight forward.

Principal Business Continuity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Diebold in January 2013.

Short phone interview with an HR person, then an online personality and financial math test, then a short on-site interview, with 4 people (1 HR person (dfferent from one that phone interviewed), 1 hiring exec, and 2 peers, plus a senior level HR person called me at home right before the on-site interview. 1 of the peers was completely non-interested in interviewing me, so I ended up back in HR sitting in the lobby for awhile. Good/standard questions were asked by the 3 that were interested in interviewing me, but 2 didn't listen well to my answers (as evidenced by the offer they later made me). An HR manager called me a few days later to verbally say they wanted to make an offer and asked what terms I wanted, we discussed pay, vacation...he was supposed to send me benefits info that day but I never got anything. He wanted me to specifically outline what I would take for pay/vacation combos so I did. The next day a different guy from HR called me, acted like I never had the conversation the day prior and offered me less then we discussed. Never sent me an offer letter, just read it to me over the phone, with no benefit info ever provided. Said he would go talk to the hiring manager then I never heard from them again. Later that night I did alot of research on the internet about this company - strongly suggest any applicants do the same - you will learn alot. Today I logged into their HR system, and several fields in my online profile were deleted including level I wanted and minimum pay (and they weren't deleted by me), and the job was marked offer rescinded.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were diffifcult or unexpected - the standard what are your strengths, weaknesses, tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult issue, etc.   Answer Question

I declined their initial low over the phone offer, the HR person said he would check with the Exec then I never heard from them again.