Dierbergs Markets

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Dierbergs online and got a call about 2 business days later from the headquarters. The phone call was basically about if I still wanted to work there and to verify the position and length of time I wanted to work.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Dierbergs?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online first, including a behaviorial test at the end. Had a brief phone interview a few days later, asking about availability and confirming details on resume. Set up in-person interview later that week. Interview was standard, asking about availability, experience, and behavorial/situational type questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes total.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer wanted a product that was out of stock?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in July 2010.

Interview Details – Standard apply online setup. was called for phone interview within a week. Phone interview was very standard only lasted a few minutes. Asked to come into one of the stores for a one on one. In person interview lasted maybe half an hour. Filled out a questionnaire, mostly typical personality and ethics questions. Offered job within a couple days.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing to negotiate at all...

Meat Clerk Interview

Meat Clerk
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in July 2010.

Interview Details – Typical interview about interacting with customers

Interview Question – What are your expectations of working here   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Stock Clerk
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in October 2011.

Interview Details – filled out application online, was called and interview setup, interviewed, questions asked and entered into database, references called, given the job.

Interview Question – Why did you apply?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in May 2009.

Interview Details – It's not bad. Just be yourself. basic assumptions on interviews.

Interview Question – What's a goal that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is none. The union sets your pay

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in May 2008.

Interview Details – very simple, just basic questions

Interview Question – Why did you quit your last job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets.

Interview Details – Applied online, they called the next day for an interview. I called them back, they did a short phone interview then asked me if I was interested in coming in for an actual interview, I agreed and met the manager on Monday. I spent 45 minutes basically retelling my application so the manager could write it on her computer. I honestly did not see the point in filling out an application if they weren't going to use it. This interview was a few days before a holiday so they said that I wouldn't hear anything from them until the following week. The next Tuesday I received a call from the application advisor, she had more questions. Unfortunately I missed the call, so I called her back, she wasn't there so I left a message. We played this phone-tag game for almost 2 weeks(she never once picked up the phone and it would take her 3+ days to return my message) until she FINALLY told me what "questions" she had, which was basically my schedule. I called back (again she never picked up) and told her my schedule, I was open for the hours they wanted me to come in for. That was a week ago and I still haven't heard back. For $7.40 and hour, 20 hours a week, AND they take $8.00 a week out of your check for union dues, the job isn't worth it.

Interview Question – All average questions.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and I got a phone call the next day asking me to schedule an interview. I walked into my local store for the interview. However, I fell into a trap of telling them days I could not work in the next month (about 4) and that did not do me any good. They ask for very specific answers and details.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Dierbergs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dierbergs Markets in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was informal and had to interview at least twice in person and once on the phone. The office was nice, clean, looked professional.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult problem you encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Dierbergs Markets? Contribute to the Community!