Diesel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Diesel.

Interview

30 minutes interview with Store Manager. Be prepared to be asked a lot of questions about Diesel brands. Also, I was asked to build outfits for women and men based on the theme they gave me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Diesel (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Resume or CV is delivered to the store, the area HR rep and the Area Manager. The initial interview was with the Store Manager. The interview lasted roughly 45 mins beginning with questions regarding my past employment along with successes and struggles with those companies. I detailed practices and initiatives that I engineered and in-acted while at my former companies and discussed my opinions and objectives for the role. We concluded discussing my vision for the business and what I look for in a potential sales associate.

A week later I had a phone interview with the Area HR Manager and Area Store Manager. Many questions were similar to the initial interview with exception to questions regarding my training and teaching practices for my employees. the interview lasted about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• What are your three worst qualities and why should we see them as a positive?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was marginal negotiations as it was an interior promotion. I would suggest for anyone to push the offer a little but not to expect huge jumps.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Diesel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process is broken into 3 parts.
    First there is a group interview with other potential candidates. A general Q&A and introductions is how this interview begins. As you progress further, there is some slight role-playing where one person is a salesperson and the other is a customer. You end this interview singing a song about yourself using a predetermined group of words.

The second interview is done with a manager within the department you applied to. Cut and dry interview. You proceed to do more role-playing as someone who works there.

The final interview is with the store manager who asks you more questions and determines whether or not you might be a good fit for the company.

The entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Name various trends that are happening this season.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diesel (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

When I Interview for Diesel, the recruiter failed to mention via email who my interviewer was or what type of interview was it going to be. Unexpectedly, I showed up to a competitive group interview of 20-30 other candidates. During the interview, the recruiter would have you work together in groups to demonstrate leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer would have you present a scenario with 4-5 team players to showcase the best sales experience.   Answer Question

Wholesale Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Diesel in September 2014.

Interview

1. HR Contact
    2. Account Director Contact
    3. Interview with Account Executives for relevant team

The interview process was extremely short. I was contacted by HR who then forwarded me to the Director for the account. I had a phone interview for basic screening and then a pretty informal in person interview with the team. Overall one of the easiest interviews I have experienced.

Interview Questions

• N/A, the interview was straightforward and incredibly easy. They just wanted to know if you were available and willing to do tasks   Answer Question

Verkäufer Interview

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Diesel (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Ich gab meinen Lebenslauf persönlich ab und wurde kurz darauf zu einem persönlichen Gespräch eingeladen. Dies lief sehr locker ab. Zunächst hatte ich ein Gespräch mit dem Geschäftsleiter über meine bisherige Berufserfahrung, meinen persönlichen Verkaufsstil, etc. Danach sollte ich ein Outfit für einen bestimmten Anlass auswählen. Es lief gut, sodass ich für einen Probearbeitstag eingeladen wurde, an dem ich vier Stunden im Verkaufsraum arbeitete.

I personally dropped my resume at the store and was called shortly after for a personal interview. This way very easy-going. First I had a chat with the store manager about my previous work experience, my personal way of selling, etc. Afterwards I should select an outfit for a certain occassion. It went well, so I was invited to a test day where I worked on the shop floor for 4h.

Interview Questions

• Stelle ein Outfit für eine elegante Party zusammen, beachte dabei den Diesel-Style.   Style an outfit for a elegant party but still reflect the Diesel style.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Diesel (Vicenza (Italy)) in February 2008.

Interview

u have to fill a form and after u will speak with the recruiter. The interview is really friendly and the questions are focused on what u have wrote on the form. So about your work experice and ur education. What hurdles u had during the college and how u have find a solution.

Dress: casual is fine.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Diesel in February 2008.

Interview

1 on 1 interview, show the portfolio, talk about the background, talk about previous experiences, talk about your expectatives, general questions, and usual ones more.

Because the money was really bad, as usual in this company.