Digi International Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2014

2.9

Firmware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digi International in August 2012.

Initially, there was a hr phone screen. In this phase, just questions from your resume.
    Then, I met with a panel of engineers for interview. I was asked some behavioral interview and situational questions. Then there was quiz asking you coming up with algorithm, how you code, TCP/IP knowledge, Parsing, etc...
    Then, I met with Manager for face to face interview and facility tour.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't know the answers for many but I just approached it as here is what I would do in this situation.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a better offer. Show you have done research on what is average and what is unique about you. Be persistent.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in September 2011.

I applied at the local career fair and they called me up later that night to do an interview. I went in the next day and talked with 3 engineers. We got along really well and they asked some general questions (how did you get started programming, what classes have you really liked, etc) and then a few semi-technical questions. I didn't have to code anything but they just wanted to see your ability to problem solve and design things.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lindon, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Digi International.

The process began with a phone screening from Human Resources.
    Then I was called in for a series of interviews with the software manager and three software engineers. I was asked about my experience, told about the position and the expectations which came with it, and some test questions regarding my knowledge of the C programming language.

Interview Questions
    • The technical questions had to do with an increasingly difficult series of C statements, where I had to describe the semantics of the syntax.   Answer Question

I received a better offer elsewhere.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Digi International in February 2012.

Very long process--took 3 1/2 months--with first a phone interview, onsite interview, then a second interview. Received an offer a month after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you?

Very few behavioral questions if any.
        Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate, but the company offered to direct hire me instead of a three-month temp-to-hire process.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Digi International in December 2009.

Two initial interviews, one with hiring manager and one with Human Resources. Was called back for a string of six interviews with different pepole, including the hiring manager's division head, and a number of related functions including people with similar roles from the department.

The company seems very good; a strong technology/market plan, and a good environment. It was a good fit personality and skill wise, but I did not receive an offer. In the last of the 8 total interviews, the hiring manager's supervisor informed me that he didn't want to interview me because of my lack of experience in their specific industry, even though the other people had all recommended to him that he consider me based on my work history, skills, and character fit.

Very positively impressed with each of the people I met. But I was disappointed that I never received any communication, assumed after a month or so that the supervisor's concerns had carried through. Since I spent 8-9 hours total in their facility meeting with their people, the decency of at least a rejection letter would have been appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • How can you demonstrate that you are able to learn our technology and market quickly?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in May 2011.

Telecon by HR, Face to face with line manager

Just accepted. But should negotiate

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Digi International in August 2012.

Hiring & Interveiw process are smooth and can be handled by normal person

Interview Questions
    • Can you relocate if the business needs you   View Answer
    Negotiable phase is very low

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in April 2010.

1st telephonic round
    2nd Technical round
    3rd Managerial round
    4th HR

Interview Questions
    • You have to write a java program that can read files of varying sizes, ranging from 100 KB (very small) to few GBs (large size).   Answer Question
    • An application reads input from various clients in multiple stages and creates a binary tree structure out of all received inputs. Which design pattern can be used to design such application?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in January 2008.

Interview process is OK. Ask comparatively easy questions than required in the market and recruit easily. Provided if you know basics you can enter into this, but remember enter at your own risk.

No negotiation.

Worked for Digi International? Contribute to the Community!