Digi International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Firmware Test Engineer Interview

Firmware Test Engineer
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digi International in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially, there was a hr phone screen. In this phase, just questions from your resume.
Then, I met with a panel of engineers for interview. I was asked some behavioral interview and situational questions. Then there was quiz asking you coming up with algorithm, how you code, TCP/IP knowledge, Parsing, etc...
Then, I met with Manager for face to face interview and facility tour.

Interview Question – Didn't know the answers for many but I just approached it as here is what I would do in this situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a better offer. Show you have done research on what is average and what is unique about you. Be persistent.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Minnetonka, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at the local career fair and they called me up later that night to do an interview. I went in the next day and talked with 3 engineers. We got along really well and they asked some general questions (how did you get started programming, what classes have you really liked, etc) and then a few semi-technical questions. I didn't have to code anything but they just wanted to see your ability to problem solve and design things.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Lindon, UT

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Digi International.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone screening from Human Resources.
Then I was called in for a series of interviews with the software manager and three software engineers. I was asked about my experience, told about the position and the expectations which came with it, and some test questions regarding my knowledge of the C programming language.

Interview Question – The technical questions had to do with an increasingly difficult series of C statements, where I had to describe the semantics of the syntax.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a better offer elsewhere.

Associate Interview

Associate
Minnetonka, MN

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Digi International in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very long process--took 3 1/2 months--with first a phone interview, onsite interview, then a second interview. Received an offer a month after the second interview.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?

Very few behavioral questions if any.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate, but the company offered to direct hire me instead of a three-month temp-to-hire process.

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Digi International in December 2009.

Interview Details – Two initial interviews, one with hiring manager and one with Human Resources. Was called back for a string of six interviews with different pepole, including the hiring manager's division head, and a number of related functions including people with similar roles from the department.

The company seems very good; a strong technology/market plan, and a good environment. It was a good fit personality and skill wise, but I did not receive an offer. In the last of the 8 total interviews, the hiring manager's supervisor informed me that he didn't want to interview me because of my lack of experience in their specific industry, even though the other people had all recommended to him that he consider me based on my work history, skills, and character fit.

Very positively impressed with each of the people I met. But I was disappointed that I never received any communication, assumed after a month or so that the supervisor's concerns had carried through. Since I spent 8-9 hours total in their facility meeting with their people, the decency of at least a rejection letter would have been appropriate.

Interview Question – How can you demonstrate that you are able to learn our technology and market quickly?   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in May 2011.

Interview Details – Telecon by HR, Face to face with line manager

Interview Question – Domain related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just accepted. But should negotiate

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Digi International in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring & Interveiw process are smooth and can be handled by normal person

Interview Question – Can you relocate if the business needs you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiable phase is very low

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1st telephonic round
2nd Technical round
3rd Managerial round
4th HR

Interview Questions

• You have to write a java program that can read files of varying sizes, ranging from 100 KB (very small) to few GBs (large size).   Answer Question
  • An application reads input from various clients in multiple stages and creates a binary tree structure out of all received inputs. Which design pattern can be used to design such application?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digi International in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process is OK. Ask comparatively easy questions than required in the market and recruit easily. Provided if you know basics you can enter into this, but remember enter at your own risk.

Interview Question – what is your expected pay?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Digi International? Contribute to the Community!