DigiPen Institute of Technology

Interviews for Top Jobs at DigiPen Institute of Technology

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at DigiPen Institute of Technology in January 2014.

First, I was told I would be flown out, but then the interview was cancelled at the last minute and I was told that the position had gone to someone else. Months later, I was contacted and asked to be flown out for a new opening. After a pleasant on-site interview, I was offered the position; however the offer was retracted during negotiation, a practice widely condemned in academic job searches. Stay away from this sketchy for-profit institution.

Interview Questions
    • These choices fail to address the nature of an academic job interview. I gave two guest lectures.   Answer Question

The offer was retracted in negotiation without any explanation.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DigiPen Institute of Technology in January 2012.

Found out about the job through and internal website, applied with just an application form. I think everyone that applied got an interview. It was a pretty relaxed interview, since the job itself is relatively simple, they didn't grill the interviewees, just about 15-20 minutes of talking and asking questions. They decided on a candidate in about a week, training was quick - about 10-15 minutes, and I started doing my job.

Interview Questions
    • None, there were some of the textbook questions, but the majority of the interview was relaxed.   Answer Question
    There was none really, you get the job, they tell you what your pay will be (not really negotiable for this level of job) and you work out your most convenient hours.