Digia Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digia

Computer Stuff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Digia in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted my application online and then almost immediately received an answer saying I was a promising candidate. They then wanted me to do a "skills test", even though ample evidence of my skills already exist online. The test took almost 48 hours of preparation and of course it was unpaid. I submitted it, only to receive an email 2 months later saying that I did not pass the first round. I didn't really think it was fair to test someone on a random exercise and then send them a form response. It was a total waste of time, in my opinion. Especially because it was not even realistic (eg, in the real job, you would get more direction and feedback, thus enabling you to completely it correctly).

Interview Questions

• Can you do this random task X to show us what you can do.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digia (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted back in 2-3 weeks. I was asked if I want to take on a programming task and I accepted. It was a simple application that was designed to work with different UI frameworks without having to modify core functionality. After that I was invited for an onsite interview where I was asked background related questions and a small programming quiz about finding mistakes in some code.

Interview Questions

• I was presented a piece of C++ code where I was supposed to show programming mistakes. The mistakes were pretty obvious, returning a local variable, not freeing allocated memory etc.   Answer Question