Digital Chocolate

Digital Chocolate Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in July 2010.

One in person interview, Two phone interviews

Junior Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in September 2011.

I applied online and they contact me after a month or so. I had a couple of emails with them and then I was asked to go to the office for having a personal interview and some tests. After that I was requested to do an in home test and a final telephone interview. The process was long and difficult to pass.
    They don't pay the travel expenses for going to the interview.

Interview Questions
    You have to push, thet are going to offer the lowest salary, so if you push you can get 20k or 24k

Technical Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Digital Chocolate.

3 rounds that include 1 telephonic, 1 f2f and 1 round through instant messenger. Mostly technical queries related to the Java Server side in all rounds. Also there were sample technical scenarios to be resolved especially in the instant messenger round.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Digital Chocolate.

- Initial assessment test: general background, trends (business, facebook themes), pitch 2 original facebook game ideas (theme, mechanics, monetization, etc)
    - Timed IQ & Personality tests: Pretty standard.
    - 1:1 phone interview: we went through my résumé, experience, salary expectations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The IQ test questions were your typical IQ test questions you can find in any test book, a lot of spacial reasoning and math questions.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in April 2011.

Several steps need to be completed before being hired.
    You will first have design tests, with excel about balance, economy, and simple calculations, creativity tests, psychology tests and IQ tests. The most important are obviously the job tests. Psychology and IQ tests are just here to have a rough idea of who you are.
    You also, obviously, have interviews. My advice is jsut to be natural, this is jut a discusison about the passion you share with your interviewer ;)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. This is not a trap, they just wanna know who you are and what you can do.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in January 2012.

The perception of the people was really good since the first time I enter the office. The design process consists in a written test + an oral one + a project to show the manager of the game designers. Really hard

Interview Questions
    First of all they offers me 16.000 euros/year. Then, after a negotiation they offered me 21.000 euros/year

Worked for Digital Chocolate? Contribute to the Community!