Digital Chocolate

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in July 2010.

Interview Details – One in person interview, Two phone interviews

Interview Question – Basic programming   Answer Question

Junior Game Designer Interview

Junior Game Designer
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and they contact me after a month or so. I had a couple of emails with them and then I was asked to go to the office for having a personal interview and some tests. After that I was requested to do an in home test and a final telephone interview. The process was long and difficult to pass.
They don't pay the travel expenses for going to the interview.

Interview Question – Everything was usual or expected for a designer role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to push, thet are going to offer the lowest salary, so if you push you can get 20k or 24k

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Digital Chocolate.

Interview Details – 3 rounds that include 1 telephonic, 1 f2f and 1 round through instant messenger. Mostly technical queries related to the Java Server side in all rounds. Also there were sample technical scenarios to be resolved especially in the instant messenger round.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Digital Chocolate.

Interview Details – - Initial assessment test: general background, trends (business, facebook themes), pitch 2 original facebook game ideas (theme, mechanics, monetization, etc)
- Timed IQ & Personality tests: Pretty standard.
- 1:1 phone interview: we went through my résumé, experience, salary expectations, etc.

Interview Question – The IQ test questions were your typical IQ test questions you can find in any test book, a lot of spacial reasoning and math questions.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in April 2011.

Interview Details – Several steps need to be completed before being hired.
You will first have design tests, with excel about balance, economy, and simple calculations, creativity tests, psychology tests and IQ tests. The most important are obviously the job tests. Psychology and IQ tests are just here to have a rough idea of who you are.
You also, obviously, have interviews. My advice is jsut to be natural, this is jut a discusison about the passion you share with your interviewer ;)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. This is not a trap, they just wanna know who you are and what you can do.   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Game Designer
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digital Chocolate in January 2012.

Interview Details – The perception of the people was really good since the first time I enter the office. The design process consists in a written test + an oral one + a project to show the manager of the game designers. Really hard

Interview Question – What are the elements that do a good story?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First of all they offers me 16.000 euros/year. Then, after a negotiation they offered me 21.000 euros/year

Worked for Digital Chocolate? Contribute to the Community!