Digital First Media Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digital First Media

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digital First Media.

Interview

The interview process was simple and not complicated at all. It was just a conversation with management. It was extremely informal process. I dont't have anything more to contribute to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned before, there were no difficult questions, and it was just inforaml questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotion phase was simple and easy, I asked for more and I got it.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Southgate, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I was given a fairly typical in-person interview. Average questions about the community I was expected to cover, where I see myself in 5 years. Three weeks later I was offered a job, which I accepted. After about a week and a half, and after I'd resigned at my then-current job, I was called to say the job was "frozen" by corporate and I was out of luck and a job.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest issue you expect to cover in the city you'd be covering?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate two dollars per hour higher than the original offer.

Copy Editor/Paginator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Pontiac, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Brief overview of experience and work background were discussed. Skill test in pagination was given. The level of the skills test was easy to moderate. There was an unlimited amount of time to complete the skills test portion of the interview. Compensation was not discussed at the time of interview

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have working with InDesign?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Denver, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

I was pulled in by a recruiter and put through a rigorous examination. Both interview questions and sample code was required. I was also given a coding problem to solve (on my own time). All in all, an effective process that allowed me to show my strengths without the usual junk questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem. I had to build a tool to ingest a feed from Flickr in only 25 lines of code or less. Usually I get standard coding vocabulary questions (that anyone could answer) not a real-world problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Longer vacation. Pay was locked (but what I wanted)

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Digital First Media (Ann Arbor, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Short, simple interview with two levels of management. Separate interviews in two different locations one day apart. More of a conversation than a traditional interview. Questions centered around personality traits as opposed to specific questions regarding skills, experience, etc.