Digital First Media Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digital First Media

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Digital First Media.

Interview

The interview process was simple and not complicated at all. It was just a conversation with management. It was extremely informal process. I dont't have anything more to contribute to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned before, there were no difficult questions, and it was just inforaml questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotion phase was simple and easy, I asked for more and I got it.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digital First Media (Southgate, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

I was given a fairly typical in-person interview. Average questions about the community I was expected to cover, where I see myself in 5 years. Three weeks later I was offered a job, which I accepted. After about a week and a half, and after I'd resigned at my then-current job, I was called to say the job was "frozen" by corporate and I was out of luck and a job.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest issue you expect to cover in the city you'd be covering?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate two dollars per hour higher than the original offer.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digital First Media (Denver, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

I was pulled in by a recruiter and put through a rigorous examination. Both interview questions and sample code was required. I was also given a coding problem to solve (on my own time). All in all, an effective process that allowed me to show my strengths without the usual junk questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem. I had to build a tool to ingest a feed from Flickr in only 25 lines of code or less. Usually I get standard coding vocabulary questions (that anyone could answer) not a real-world problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Longer vacation. Pay was locked (but what I wanted)