Digital Insight Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digital Insight in September 2014.

Interview

Manager was very prompt in replying to e-mails and setting up the interview appointment. Put me at ease right away. Very informal meeting. Excellent communicator. Answered all my questions. Did not try to trap me with tricky questions. Felt right at home.

Interview Questions

• How to solve an existing development process problem that they are facing.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digital Insight.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found me through my LinkedIn profile. I had a phone screening with the recruiter that day. I had a brief phone interview with a senior manager a few days later, and an in-person panel interview a few days after that. The panel interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions from my past work experience. It was very straightforward, no crazy curveball questions. I got ample opportunity to ask about the company and see if it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult experience you've had while working on a project.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Digital Insight in July 2014.

Interview

Overall interview process was rushed. Seemed very disorganized. Conflict/Confusion about conference room availability. Questions about previous experience. Asked to describe architecture and design for previous projects. Java garbage collection concepts. What's the difference between a HashTable and HashMap. Questions about Spring and Maven. Asked about previous experience with big migration efforts.

Interview Questions

• Implement the Singleton design pattern. I expected to be asked a non-trivial technical question that's more relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digital Insight.

Interview

Was orchestrated by a 3rd party vendor and took months... Hiring team said they needed someone immediately, but then took almost 45 days to seal the deal. I think most people have 3 interviews (manager, Upper Management and then Sr. Peer). Two of my 3 interviews were over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a difficult manager when you must advise them of negative news.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was intense, but eventually they gave into most of my requests.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digital Insight (Athens, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people at Digital Insight after interviewing with two people at the recruiting service. People were very nice but not great at follow through after the interview.

Offering Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digital Insight.

Interview

After the initial call with the recruiter, I had a phone screen with the senior manager, followed by an on-site interview with the team. They were very professional and nice. The questions were mostly behavioral based on past work experience. I would recommend researching the company and getting an understanding of the products they offer.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Digital Insight (Norcross, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Typical path to win an in-person interview opportunity - multiple phone interviews with recruiting team, the hiring manager and 2-3 other managers. Transition within the recruiting team made the follow up process a little difficult and eventually they never gave me a definitive answer on the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary but be prepared to give examples of overcoming client objections, winning and losing important deals, etc. Be familiar with Red Ocean/Blue Ocean concepts.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Digital Insight (Lake Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was in the middle of changing job from Wall Street to Los Angeles local market when I got a very professional call from Intuit Mountain View recruiting group. After a 30 minute phone chat, they like my strong technical background and encouraged me to apply a full time senior position at Digital Insight - Intuit's acquisition in Los Angeles. They explained the benefit for full time position and told me a local recruiter will contact me.

Then, I was on the phone with a bright young technical manager then was invited onsite. The onsite interview was very formal and took entire day. Except the initial phone screener, all other onsite interviewers are just pure mediocre average skilled people. They focus on 'culture fit' more than tech. With 10+ years experience at Wall Street, I managed to convince them besides my strong tech skills, I don't have 'eagle' and wouldn't be a challenger to anyone. It's was one of the easiest but formal interview and I was pretty sure I'm getting 4.5/5 out of 5 from everyone. During the same time, I was interviewing with google mountain view, PIMCO Newport Beach, which all offered 1.5 - 2x average local pay ranges. Intuit's offer was at the bottom of the range. The reason I started the interview was purely because Intuit HQ recruiting team's initial great communication, they really impressed me.
    After the interview, I got call from the local recruiting team. Since I didn't have job at the time of the interview (I quit the previous job and took a 3 month's break because of a 6-month fully paid deal when I left the previous Wall Street firm), the local manager somehow believed I was desperate looking for job and didn't have many choices; so they decide to change the original offer from a full time, full benefit with bonus pay position to 3/6 month 'contract to hire' temp job. I asked why this wasn't brought up before I started the process because I clearly mentioned that I was only interested in a full time job paying no less than 130K + bonus + full benefit. They told me the manager wanted to see if I'm capable of the work. So, there's extended 'interview' process. I told them I wasn't interested in job and took another higher deal the same day, they came back to me in a week and decided to offer fulltime position again. After I rejected the offer, they asked me how to help them getting a strong candidate... I told them that's simple, be honest, and understand there's never a tough job market for top skilled guys.

Now, I'm working from home at top tier pre-IPO company sitting on a generous employee equity plan. So happy about that Intuit local manager's bad judgement, which completely voided all the great works MT main office recruiters had done plus wasting people's time for interview. On the bright side, it worked out the best for me - "sometimes, you just get lucky."

(They are nice people, just not professional. From my interview, except the tech lead, all other managers are not qualified for the positions. I'm pretty sure no one cares because it's far from MT main office and there aren't many capable individuals in the area. That will explain why only mediocre folks are there. I won't be surprised to know if this location will be shutdown or sold. I strongly suggest senior folks don't apply this branch unless you really need a job temporarily.)

Interview Questions

• We have great news for you, based on your interview feedbacks, we decided to bring you on board. Our hiring manager decided to change the position you applied from full time to 3/6 contract to hire. So if you perform well, we'll offer you full time positon. Are you interested?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Digital Insight in January 2015.

Interview

First was in our college it was mcq round 25 aptitude questions and 35 technical questions(c, java, dbms and networks). Second round was in there in office and it was technical round, be sure with all basic java concepts like inheritance, anonymous class, garbage collection and they asked me write code for some linked list and tree problems. Third round was HR deyll ask u about ur resume like ur projects and all.

Interview Questions

• Technical : Given two root nodes of tree predict whether they are mirrored, Puzzle : Two sand timers of 7M and 4M is given calculate 9M using the both   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Digital Insight (Bangalore (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

one telephonic and 2 face to face

Interview Questions

• He asked some BFS and EH Cache algorithm.I gave perfect logic and pseudo codeThey expected to write syntax code which i dont think any one will remember.I was rejected   Answer Question