Digital Manga Interview Questions

1.8

Graphic Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digital Manga.

Interview

They'll schedule an interview via email. All they want to hear is you being positive and you'll get the job. The pay is minuscule though, way below the market average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I kept trying to negotiate for the standard industry wage and they kept low-balling me. In hindsight, I wish I never accepted.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Digital Manga (Gardena, CA).

Interview

Called in by the Vice President. I got there, and the CEO conducted the interview, and the Vice President glared at me the whole time. The CEO was very pleasant, and because of all the experiences I had, he promised a lot of work for me and big projects he was looking into such as product design. I got the contract with promise of Health and other benefits. I got these benefits 6 months after my starting date. Also got 2 pay cuts within the year, and health and benefits were removed.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They'll throw in promises, but never keep them.

General Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Digital Manga.

Interview

It was fairly short process. They responded within a week, and the interview process happens very quickly. Less than an hour. First you're required to read over paper work and then they will ask you about skills and experiences.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions. Mostly questions regarding what you can do so that they can gauge where you would fit best into the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase since it was for an unpaid internship. If you prove yourself valuable to the company, then they'll keep you.

Graphic/Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Digital Manga.

Interview

Not even remotely challenging. Basic questions, just seemed like they were gauging if they liked you as a person.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digital Manga (Gardena, CA).

Interview

Submitted my resume to the job posting on Monster.com and was contacted shortly via phone. Setup a group in person interview at the company. Was interviewed by 3 people on informational and behavioral questions. Interview was casual and easy.

Interview Questions

• Are you fine with Hentai/Adult content?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

First thing they will ask you, "are you ok with adult content/hentai"

Interview Questions

• can't remember, if it was difficult I would've remembered   Answer Question

Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Digital Manga (Gardena, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Bait-and-switch job postings to make translators work them for free. Did a free test for them. Then told me the position is no longer available, but I could go to their website where translators do the same job for the position but only get paid by percentages of sales.

Interview Questions

• Asked potential candidates to translate a sample test and submit it along with their application for the position.   Answer Question

Applied to a translator position. They asked to submit a short translation test they chose for potential candidates. So I did. Received an email (some newsletter format for their free translators) saying they have a staff person already for the position (huh?), but saying they have something I might be interested in (red flag). Odd, their website still lists the position as available. In their email, they promoted a website where they ask translators to do the same job for the position I applied for but do it for free. The translators get paid only by percentages of sales - in other words, a translator don't get paid if no one buys the book. This is a scam.