DigitalGlobe Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. It took 2 hours and there were 30 minute interviews with various managers and possibly future colleagues in senior positions. Have of the interviews were spent asking about previous experience and the other half was spent informing me about the role, company, and asked if I had questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Agile software development?   1 Answer

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interview. Basic interview process but there were many candidates. Interview took hour an hour for each round. The team was friendly and asked usual interview questions. Although preparation is required. The panel was interested in knowing how genuine, spontaneous and good communicator you are. As this was a marketing intern position, they wanted to know your interest towards marketing.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe yourself in 3 words. 2. Why Digital Globe. 3. What kind of working environment do you prefer   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

I had a first round phone interview with about 4 different people. There were a couple of managers, and a couple of technical folks. I was asked some basic buzzword questions and asked to describe my work history. I then had a second round in-person interview with about 10 different people over a 3 hour period. I was asked to describe how I would troubleshoot certain scenarios, I was asked to explain lines from configuration files, etc. Managers asked me questions about my work experience and preference for work environment, etc.

Geospatial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

Not sure, HR never gets back to you. They're like a black hole and they really don't understand what the position is. IT took over two months before I ever heard anything, almost forgot that I applied for the position.

Interview Questions

• HR was more interested in why you may have applied for multiple positions even if the skill sets are related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They advertise the position at one level then offer you the lower level

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

Hired as a contract to hire. Interview was short as I knew someone in the company. But once I was a contractor and tired to come on full time permanent, that is where I was told my position was never slated to be permanent. Luckily they did some shuffling around to make space for me, but I came on with lower pay than anticipated and there wasn't much of a negotiation. I made more money at my last job, but because there is matching 4% 401K I let it go.

Negotiation

there wasn't much of a negotiation when you get hired full time permanent.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

The whole process started with phone interviews. I had about 1 every week for about a month and I spoke to at least 8 different people. The phone interviews are to determine where your skills are at and to make sure they match up to your resume. Don't lie about it. If you only have had "classroom experience" with a technology, say that if they ask you. I found out by e-mail that I was going to be flown in for an in-person interview, so I set up a schedule with HR/the recruiter from DigitalGlobe. It was a 1 day round trip flight. I flew up in the morning, did the interview, and flew back in the afternoon. If you hit this stage, it's basically a personality fit. I met my boss, co-workers, and my boss's boss. Most of them were just to chat, see how things were, see what I thought so far, and what not. Most of it was used for them to understand who I was as a person. After that, I got an offer within about a week.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was knowing all the technologies they were talking about on the phone interviews. Just remember, if you don't know it or haven't used it, say that. They are trying to gauge your technology knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. Once the offer was made, it was a take it or leave it kind of deal.

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

The interview process took 2 months. I had to leave work and work around the schedules of the interviewers on 4 different occasions. I loved the interview team and the company and thought the role was a GREAT fit for me. I was very confident in my interviews and skills and the team seemed interested in me as well. This is where it goes downhill - I interviewed for almost TWO months. I waited about a week and a half to follow up, as I knew some were on vacation. I got a response from the RC stating that the team should be in contact. That was over a month ago. As someone who was obviously very interested in the company and the role, I expected to at least get a yes or a no. Instead I wasted my time and my paid time off for a process that was never even completed. To the HR department - I would highly suggest rethinking the way you handle candidates and the followup after you take their time with 2 months of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview team was on different pages as far as the role I was actually interviewing for so I got a lot of questions that didn't actually pertain to the role.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordaintor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Interview

Got contacted about two weeks after I filled out my application, I was called for a phone screen by a representative from HR . The phone screen was fairly straight forward to make sure they could fit your salary requirements. The in-person interview involved Three 30 minute interviews. It was difficult to build a rapport unless you have great interpersonal skills, asked a lot of behavorial type questions. Also go over your resume and make sure you know your past experiences.

Satellite Calibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Boulder, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I used to work for an aerospace organization at my University. They were advertising for a job at DigitalGlobe, so I went to speak with the assistant director, whom I had worked for prior. He already knew what I was capable of and my work ethic, so we pretty much just discussed the hours and pay of the job, and what duties were expected of me. I was informed pretty accurately of what the job entailed including heavy lifting and working outside. I took home some paper work, filled it out, and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work and be on call two to three days a week?   1 Answer

Ground Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DigitalGlobe (Longmont, CO).

Interview

About three weeks after my initial application, I was called for a phone screen by a representative from HR who was really nice. The phone screen was fairly straight forward to make sure we were in the same ball park on salary. The in-person interview involved many 30 minute interviews with pairs of engineers. It was difficult to build a rapport with anyone in this type of process. Be familiar with your resume. They will ask you to go into detail about your past experiences. I felt like a few people in this group were a little condescending about people having advanced degrees so they may prefer people who just have a B.S.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a stressful office culture?   1 Answer