DigitalGlobe Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.9

Linux Virtualization Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

I had a first round phone interview with about 4 different people. There were a couple of managers, and a couple of technical folks. I was asked some basic buzzword questions and asked to describe my work history. I then had a second round in-person interview with about 10 different people over a 3 hour period. I was asked to describe how I would troubleshoot certain scenarios, I was asked to explain lines from configuration files, etc. Managers asked me questions about my work experience and preference for work environment, etc.

Geospatial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Not sure, HR never gets back to you. They're like a black hole and they really don't understand what the position is. IT took over two months before I ever heard anything, almost forgot that I applied for the position.

Interview Questions
    • HR was more interested in why you may have applied for multiple positions even if the skill sets are related.   Answer Question
    They advertise the position at one level then offer you the lower level

IT Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Hired as a contract to hire. Interview was short as I knew someone in the company. But once I was a contractor and tired to come on full time permanent, that is where I was told my position was never slated to be permanent. Luckily they did some shuffling around to make space for me, but I came on with lower pay than anticipated and there wasn't much of a negotiation. I made more money at my last job, but because there is matching 4% 401K I let it go.

there wasn't much of a negotiation when you get hired full time permanent.

UI/User Experience Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DigitalGlobe.

The whole process started with phone interviews. I had about 1 every week for about a month and I spoke to at least 8 different people. The phone interviews are to determine where your skills are at and to make sure they match up to your resume. Don't lie about it. If you only have had "classroom experience" with a technology, say that if they ask you.

I found out by e-mail that I was going to be flown in for an in-person interview, so I set up a schedule with HR/the recruiter from DigitalGlobe. It was a 1 day round trip flight. I flew up in the morning, did the interview, and flew back in the afternoon. If you hit this stage, it's basically a personality fit. I met my boss, co-workers, and my boss's boss. Most of them were just to chat, see how things were, see what I thought so far, and what not. Most of it was used for them to understand who I was as a person.

After that, I got an offer within about a week.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was knowing all the technologies they were talking about on the phone interviews. Just remember, if you don't know it or haven't used it, say that. They are trying to gauge your technology knowledge   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation. Once the offer was made, it was a take it or leave it kind of deal.

N/A Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

The interview process took 2 months. I had to leave work and work around the schedules of the interviewers on 4 different occasions. I loved the interview team and the company and thought the role was a GREAT fit for me. I was very confident in my interviews and skills and the team seemed interested in me as well. This is where it goes downhill - I interviewed for almost TWO months. I waited about a week and a half to follow up, as I knew some were on vacation. I got a response from the RC stating that the team should be in contact. That was over a month ago. As someone who was obviously very interested in the company and the role, I expected to at least get a yes or a no. Instead I wasted my time and my paid time off for a process that was never even completed.

To the HR department - I would highly suggest rethinking the way you handle candidates and the followup after you take their time with 2 months of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview team was on different pages as far as the role I was actually interviewing for so I got a lot of questions that didn't actually pertain to the role.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordaintor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

Got contacted about two weeks after I filled out my application, I was called for a phone screen by a representative from HR . The phone screen was fairly straight forward to make sure they could fit your salary requirements. The in-person interview involved Three 30 minute interviews. It was difficult to build a rapport unless you have great interpersonal skills, asked a lot of behavorial type questions. Also go over your resume and make sure you know your past experiences.

Ground Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DigitalGlobe.

About three weeks after my initial application, I was called for a phone screen by a representative from HR who was really nice. The phone screen was fairly straight forward to make sure we were in the same ball park on salary. The in-person interview involved many 30 minute interviews with pairs of engineers. It was difficult to build a rapport with anyone in this type of process.

Be familiar with your resume. They will ask you to go into detail about your past experiences.

I felt like a few people in this group were a little condescending about people having advanced degrees so they may prefer people who just have a B.S.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a stressful office culture?   View Answer

Human Resources Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DigitalGlobe.

I was first contacted via phone after my interview was passed along to the Total Rewards team. The first interview was an informal informational talk about my willingness to relocate, salary requirements, and availability.

Two weeks after that phone call I was emailed inviting me to come in for an onsite interview. I arrived at the site and was collected from the lobby on time. I met with four different interviewers: an employee with the same job title I was applying for (coworker), direct supervisor, department supervisor, and the VP of Total Rewards. Each interview was 30 minutes long which went by very quickly. Most questions were straight forward and there were a lot of personality related questions and more specifics about my past work experience.

At the end of my last interview, another employee came in to tell me the company would like to make an offer. She called me a couple days later to discuss wages and contract length. I accepted, and work was to start two weeks following that day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make sure your work was done with accuracy and reliability?   Answer Question
    It was a contract position and no negotiating was done

Production Technician Interview

This process took a few weeks. HR and everyone that interviewed me were very competent. Fellow employees are included in the interview process making sure that everyone is in agreement.

Minimal

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DigitalGlobe in March 2014.

Resume submitted online was ignored for 4 months. It wasn't until I hounded an HR rep on social media that I got an interview.
    I interviewed with three team members and one manager.
    The team members seemed impressed with my qualifications and genuinely interested in me as a candidate. The manager was late, preoccupied with other issues, and conflicted about her own employment there.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle your ideas constantly being shot down?   View Answer
    • Technical questions were run of the mill   Answer Question