Digitaria

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digitaria in May 2014.

I applied to this job via LinkedIn. I got an email asking for a phone interview within 2 weeks. A second phone interview followed one week later. I then had two in person interviews. The first interview was with HR and lower level managers. The second interview was with upper level managers and executives.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Digitaria.

A lengthy questionaire is required to be completed. Numerous groups of one or two interview at a time. The hiring manager did not spend much time with me. It seemed a bit unorganized. I'm not sure if anyone even looked at my resume or questionaire until perhaps five minutes before I showed.

Interview Questions

I had a hunch it wasn't for me. I noticed too many red flags.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digitaria in February 2012.

I applied by reaching out to human resources directly. I was asked to complete a series of essay questions that were similar to standard interview questions. I assume they want to test your writing skills in addition to seeing if you have good experience. After submitting the essay questions I was asked to come in for an interview with individuals on the account team.

I had two 1 on 1 interviews, the first of which was the most awkward interview I have ever had. My interview took place in the kitchen of the office where people were constantly walking past. The person who interviewed me didn't make eye contact and was constantly looking down and reading off a list of questions. I didn't feel like he was listening to my answers or engaging with me, he was just making sure he read off the list of questions he was given. It seemed like he had no idea what to do and was not comfortable.

The second interviewer was much better and seemed to me more comfortable in the interview role, but she was asking me all of the same questions I'd answered in my written essays which she had in front of her. At one point I referenced my essay questions and I could tell she never bothered to read them.

I know agencies tend to be low on process and high on creativity, but if you don't have qualified people interviewing candidates, you are going to end up missing out on a lot of great talent.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitaria in January 2012.

Recruiter contacted me
    Phone Interview
    Given a Design Project Submit Solution
    In Person Interview
    Job Offer

Easy, they made an offer I raised we met in the middle to $105,000.00

Senior Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitaria in November 2011.

I was interviewed by both the CTO and VP of Production. I met with each individually. Both times, they each felt rushed and not prepared. I felt they both were looking for help in trying to figure out how to better manage an ever-growing team on inexperienced staff. They were looking for process-oriented experience and proven leadership. They kept emphasizing that the agency was somewhat chaotic and high energy. It was indeed. Unfortunately, that translated into lack of organization, over abundance of meetings, and a revolving door of staff coming and going. In the less than 90 days of my tenure, I saw numerous staff exit. Not a good sign when the economy was as tough as it was.

The first two offers they made were so low and laughed it off. I struggled to get anywhere near what I wanted to make. I settled for less than I wanted but increased their initial offer by almost $20K.