Digitas

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Applied through an employee referral, spoke with a recruiter months later, came in for an interview 2 weeks after that, found out I did not get the position a month after the interview. The interview started with the recruiter and than went into 4 higher level analyst mangers coming in separately. The questions were based on my background, advertising industry, and analytical skills. Although they felt my experience was fit for the position I did not get it because my answers were "too long."

Interview Question – What is your favorite AD campaign?
How can you track social media?
If you wanted to reach out to Boston males in college, what is the market size?
What companies perform SEM and SEO well, which do not?
  View Answer

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – 3 back-to-back onsite interviews. one will be a business case.

Interview Question – how many tennis balls are sold in the US every year?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Digitas in January 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy process, Interviewed four times with four different people. Overall very informal and great atmosphere

Interview Question – How many tires are in the United States?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted be a recruiter. Has a 20 minute phone interview and was invited to come into the office. Interviewed by 4 team members that asked me about my background and cultural fit. The process was professional and they are a great company, but ultimately someone with more experience was chosen.

Interview Question – What is one of your favorite recent AD campaigns   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter will phone screen you then you'll be brought in for four half hour interviews. The recruiter follows up within a few days. There's a potential you'll be brought back in a second time for another round of interviews.

Interview Question – Case questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward set up. Initial phone screen going through my resume, why Digitas?, why do you want to be in digital advertising? Set up a date to come into their Chicago office. Real laid back atmosphere. Had two 2v1 interviews back to back - again more behavioral. Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Asked about my previous excel work

Interview Question – One manager asked me to a brain teaser to see how I think - Told me to describe the internet to a person who had just woken from a 30 yr coma. Kinda threw me off a little bit   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted a week after I submitted my resume to the website. The following week I had a phone interview the HR recruiter. I was a little hesitant about this job position because I had minimal experience in the field. I asked the HR recruiter if experience would be chosen over personality fit for the position. She told me that "experience can always be trained, so we're looking for more of a personality fit."

It has always been a goal/dream of mine to work for a marketing agency so I studied vehemently for this interview. I researched the past analyst interviews here and realized that they asked a lot of case study questions. I had no experience in interviewing for case study questions before, so I studied that to the best of my ability. I barely reviewed field/subject material since I was preparing for case study/estimation questions.

Needless to say, when I went in for the interview, no case study questions were asked--only simple behavioral and traditional interview questions. They asked about my experience in the field. Because I failed to anticipate this portion or prepare for it, I was unable to expound on my experience in the field. I was only able to mumble a few bits and pieces of my experience.

I left the interview feeling a little mixed—not sure if I did a good enough job. HR was kind enough to inform me the following day that the interviewers were impressed with my background and thought I did a good job and that the candidate review process was going to take longer because they just acquired a few more clients. I waited a week to follow up and she told me that I should hear by Friday. No word Friday, I emailed the following Monday and she said she’d give me feedback by the end of the week (2 weeks total).

I didn’t get the job because I lacked experience in the field. She said that the team really liked me but again the decision was based on experience. I wish I had known this coming in and that they didn’t lead me to believe that “personality” was what was really needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you over came it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time in which you had to handle someone with a difficult personality in a team, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a recent project you managed   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in January 2010.

Interview Details – After applying online for the position I received a call from the Boston HR office and had a very informal phone interview (the lady was super nice), after which I was told Chicago HR would contact me to schedule an in-person interview. I received an email one week later scheduling my group interview session that was to consist of four people at a half hour each.

Upon arriving the other candidates were sitting in the waiting room, which was a slightly awkward moment. I was informed at that point that one of the people I was supposed to meet with wouldnt be able to make it. This was unfortunate because the interview schedule was traditional-case-case-traditional, so I missed out on an opportunity to let my traditional interview skills shine again and lost the chance to have another good impression that could have pushed me over the top. I was thrown off guard by the case-study questions. In all honesty I think they were ridiculous. They were as follows:
1) If there are two small bookstores in the mall and a large company purchases them both, should you close one or keep them both open?
2) Sell me this stapler (this was stupid, awkward, and in my opinion unfair as I was not attempting to get a job involving sales).
3) How many lightbulbs are in Chicago? (another stupid question that is truly unfair)
4) A credit card company tests a direct-mail campaign by sending red envelopes to 100 people and blue envelopes to 100 people (random samples). Assuming the red envelopes resulted in 1 person signing up and the blue envelopes resutled in 2 people signing up, how would you advise the client to proceed with the campaign?

I left the interview feeling I did OK, but received a call exactly one week later politely informing me that I wasnt the right fit. Bummer!

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very cool place. A bit unorganized with the rotating panel. Representative on the phone was friendly, but NOBODY followed up after the in-person portion. I'm hoping they're just trying to keep a warm pipeline. Good learning experience, but that's all

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in September 2008.

Interview Details – It was a round of four back to back interviews.
The interviews seemed pretty easy. I also had a phone interview before that. They were also looking if the interviewee would fit the image and agree witht the fast lifestyle of an advertising agency.
They needed a person fast but seemed that there was a an internal candidate too.

Interview Question – What does a car mean to you   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digitas

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!

Digitas Videos

Digitas – Why Work for Us?

DigitasLBi is a global marketing and technology agency that transforms businesses for the digital age. We help companies of all shapes and sizes decide What’s Next … and then we take them there. Across 40 offices in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digitas Analyst interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Digitas employees and interview candidates.