Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 8+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in May 2014.

Interview Details – For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Question – how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

Answer Question

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the whole team 1:1.
Received an offer within 3 days.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!