Digitas

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Question – How many barber shops are there in the United States.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate slightly.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position.

Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two program directors in person and one phone interview on site. Expect you to be both creative and analytical. One of the interviews is a case study. The interviewer gave me some data sheets and asked what campaigns were performing well and and which ones were not performing to standards.

Interview Question – Case Study   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, Interview with 5 people at company's site

Interview Question – What is the yearly consumption of eggs in the USA   View Answers (2)

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details – In mid-January I applied for an entry-level position in Strategy & Analysis through the campus recruiting program. Heard back from an HR representative first week in March. First step was a quick phone interview in which he asked me about my background and why I'm interested in Digitas – very basic, lasted about 5 minutes. We scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. The main interview involved meeting with four employees in the department – three managers and one VP – for two hours total (30 minutes each). First interview was a market sizing question, the following two were behavioral, and the fourth was a long case problem. The market sizing question was estimating the number of bagels a bagel shop could sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town. Next up were two interviews with general questions about my experience, interest in Digitas/marketing, career ambitions, time I worked on a team, etc. Case question was about GrooveBoston (concert production company for colleges) and its plans for expansion; my responsibility was to look through some basic metrics/graphs about its social media presence, as well as consider their concert schedule and company goals, in order to determine how the business could increase brand awareness and simultaneously expand its operations. Nothing about the question was very difficult, but make sure you are comfortable multiplying numbers in the several thousands. My mental lapse likely cost me despite it being an extremely easy math problem, and the interviewer apparently didn't feel that I had the quantitative skills to handle the job. Between the market sizing and case questions there were maybe four math problems – not necessarily the fairest assessment of one's quantitative ability, but it seems that getting those right is more important than proving your ability to strategize. They informed me that I didn't receive an offer the second week in April. All in all, a very fair process with some very nice people. The HR representatives were pleasant to deal with, as were the interviewers. Overall a positive experience despite not receiving an offer.

Interview Question – How many bagels can a bagel shop sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Interview Details – Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Question – How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – initial phone interview, 1 in person interview with four different people, follow-up phone interviews

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Applied through university and had a phone interview for the first round. Got called back within 24 hours asking me to come to Boston 3 days from then. The HR rep was friendly and flexible in terms of scheduling, but they did not offer to compensate for the travel expenses (which were not insignificant). They only gave me an hour of their time for round 2, and scheduled 2 half-hour interviews for this time, with no office tour or any other sort of welcome. My first interviewer was nearly 10 minutes late to a 30 minute interview, and she proceeded to present a case although the HR rep had said they would probably save the case for the second interview since she was late. The case was rushed and the interviewer showed no interest in interviewing me, folding my resume into shapes and looking around the room as I answered her questions. She then proceeded to leave the interview early because she had a meeting, and then my next interviewer was late as well. Overall it felt very unprofessional and frankly quite rude. I left feeling convinced that I would never accept the offer even if I received one.

Interview Question – 1 creative case question first round. 1 market sizing question + 1 more in-depth case question second round   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Interview Details – An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. He followed up to set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, I met with four people for thirty minutes each, there was one market sizing question but everything else was about my background and was good conversation. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Interview Question – Marketing sizing question   Answer Question

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!