Digitas

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details – In mid-January I applied for an entry-level position in Strategy & Analysis through the campus recruiting program. Heard back from an HR representative first week in March. First step was a quick phone interview in which he asked me about my background and why I'm interested in Digitas – very basic, lasted about 5 minutes. We scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. The main interview involved meeting with four employees in the department – three managers and one VP – for two hours total (30 minutes each). First interview was a market sizing question, the following two were behavioral, and the fourth was a long case problem. The market sizing question was estimating the number of bagels a bagel shop could sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town. Next up were two interviews with general questions about my experience, interest in Digitas/marketing, career ambitions, time I worked on a team, etc. Case question was about GrooveBoston (concert production company for colleges) and its plans for expansion; my responsibility was to look through some basic metrics/graphs about its social media presence, as well as consider their concert schedule and company goals, in order to determine how the business could increase brand awareness and simultaneously expand its operations. Nothing about the question was very difficult, but make sure you are comfortable multiplying numbers in the several thousands. My mental lapse likely cost me despite it being an extremely easy math problem, and the interviewer apparently didn't feel that I had the quantitative skills to handle the job. Between the market sizing and case questions there were maybe four math problems – not necessarily the fairest assessment of one's quantitative ability, but it seems that getting those right is more important than proving your ability to strategize. They informed me that I didn't receive an offer the second week in April. All in all, a very fair process with some very nice people. The HR representatives were pleasant to deal with, as were the interviewers. Overall a positive experience despite not receiving an offer.

Interview Question – How many bagels can a bagel shop sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Interview Details – Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Question – How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – initial phone interview, 1 in person interview with four different people, follow-up phone interviews

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Applied through university and had a phone interview for the first round. Got called back within 24 hours asking me to come to Boston 3 days from then. The HR rep was friendly and flexible in terms of scheduling, but they did not offer to compensate for the travel expenses (which were not insignificant). They only gave me an hour of their time for round 2, and scheduled 2 half-hour interviews for this time, with no office tour or any other sort of welcome. My first interviewer was nearly 10 minutes late to a 30 minute interview, and she proceeded to present a case although the HR rep had said they would probably save the case for the second interview since she was late. The case was rushed and the interviewer showed no interest in interviewing me, folding my resume into shapes and looking around the room as I answered her questions. She then proceeded to leave the interview early because she had a meeting, and then my next interviewer was late as well. Overall it felt very unprofessional and frankly quite rude. I left feeling convinced that I would never accept the offer even if I received one.

Interview Question – 1 creative case question first round. 1 market sizing question + 1 more in-depth case question second round   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Interview Details – An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. He followed up to set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, I met with four people for thirty minutes each, there was one market sizing question but everything else was about my background and was good conversation. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Interview Question – Marketing sizing question   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty simple, 2 behavior + 1 case study

Interview Question – If you had to advertise during the superbowl, what are some factors you need to take into account?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2011.

Interview Details – First I was given a phone interview. They called 45 mins late. They moved me on. I got another phone interview and they asked basic questions "can you tell me a time when you were a leader, when you did research, when you had trouble..etc". I was then flown out the next week for an person to person interview. I was asked on "case question" it was "how many barbershops are there in the U.S" I aced this. Even when the turned me down the recruiter commented on how well i did with this case. In all they flew me out early one morning and flew me back late that night and in the process I saw 4 people. All of them asked me the same types of questions "why digitas? what do you do in your free time? what is your biggest failure" Not real mind boggling questions. Also as a side note, they did pay for my flight to and from their office (which was nice) but make sure that you have cash on hand for the cab service. They had no one there waiting for me, I had to pay for my taxi service both ways, and I had never been to Boston before so I had no idea how much they would cost, or that Boston had about $8 in tolls from the airport alone...it was a surprise but luckily I had prepared.

Finally, the reason they gave for not hiring me was that I "didn't have enough experience" and that although the team loved me and thought I would be a nice addition they "didn't think I could hit the ground running". I was upset but at this point any feedback is nice to have.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digitas

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!

Digitas Videos

Digitas – Why Work for Us?

Digitas - Creating inspired ideas that move people in new ways Digitas, the top global integrated brand agency, builds active brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digitas Analyst Strategy and Analysis interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Digitas employees and interview candidates.