Digitas Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pre-screening interview then face to face. Very standard. Went for a management position but they cited lack of past experience as a manager as the reason they declined. All in all it was one of the best 'no' interviews I've ever had. Great company, great services, i was disappointed I didn't get an offer but had a great experience all in all

Interview Questions

• Case study on common marketing KPI metrics, what my past experience was   Answer Question

Vice President/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Fast paced but fun 30 minute interviews with a few different individuals. Casual but smart questions and dialogue. The focus was really on understanding how you work, and whether you would be a good fit with the organization and culture. They weren't selling the position hard, but it was clear that they were enthusiastic about the team and that kind of sold itself. I would not describe the interview(s) as easy, or easy to prepare for, but I think it felt very fair and, ultimately, enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, asking for examples of leadership and managing teams, resolving conflict.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks, but overall I was very impressed by the HR staff and their ability to get back to me so quickly after each step. Each interviewer was very pleasant and the interviews were more conversational than anything.

Senior Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

HR was spectacular to deal with. Very courteous and prompt in their responses. They coordinated an in-person interview schedule as a series of back-to-back half hour interviews, each with a different individual. While the interviewers seemed knowledgeable, there was a distinct lack of professionalism. One interviewer detailed one of the recent nights where the team got drunk, another showed up clearly hungover, and one played on his phone as I was answering questions. It was extremely insulting and an interview unlike anything I had previously seen. The saving grace was one interviewer who provided unbroken focus and from whom I received terrific feedback about the company and the particular role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

I wouldn't know the complete interview process as they never finished interviewing with me. I got a phone call from Michael Lochmondy and it was a simple phone screen. Afterwards he said that he would contact the Analytics team to have a group interview and see how I well I got along with them. I never got that phone call even after months of checking in with him. I'm disappointed as Digitas was one of the companies I was really hoping to work for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, asked more about what I did in my previous experience (projects, etc.)   Answer Question

Associate Director, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial communication was quick and interviews set up quickly but follow ups took weeks. Two rounds of interviews (in person and by phone) then reference checks later, got an offer that was outside range for position. Was able to negotiate slightly but then they started downplaying my extensive experience and qualifications and wouldn't budge. They even admitted I would be working at a higher-level and would expect more of me but wouldn't agree to pay me closer to market value for the position. I declined the offer and called two other competitors who I am discussing next steps with now.

Interview Questions

• None - all were pretty much conversational and involved my work experience and the types of projects I managed over the years. I was impressed with the professionalism and intelligent people I met during this process.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, spoke with a recruiter months later, came in for an interview 2 weeks after that, found out I did not get the position a month after the interview. The interview started with the recruiter and than went into 4 higher level analyst mangers coming in separately. The questions were based on my background, advertising industry, and analytical skills. Although they felt my experience was fit for the position I did not get it because my answers were "too long."

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite AD campaign? How can you track social media? If you wanted to reach out to Boston males in college, what is the market size? What companies perform SEM and SEO well, which do not?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

In mid-January I applied for an entry-level position in Strategy & Analysis through the campus recruiting program. Heard back from an HR representative first week in March. First step was a quick phone interview in which he asked me about my background and why I'm interested in Digitas – very basic, lasted about 5 minutes. We scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. The main interview involved meeting with four employees in the department – three managers and one VP – for two hours total (30 minutes each). First interview was a market sizing question, the following two were behavioral, and the fourth was a long case problem. The market sizing question was estimating the number of bagels a bagel shop could sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town. Next up were two interviews with general questions about my experience, interest in Digitas/marketing, career ambitions, time I worked on a team, etc. Case question was about GrooveBoston (concert production company for colleges) and its plans for expansion; my responsibility was to look through some basic metrics/graphs about its social media presence, as well as consider their concert schedule and company goals, in order to determine how the business could increase brand awareness and simultaneously expand its operations. Nothing about the question was very difficult, but make sure you are comfortable multiplying numbers in the several thousands. My mental lapse likely cost me despite it being an extremely easy math problem, and the interviewer apparently didn't feel that I had the quantitative skills to handle the job. Between the market sizing and case questions there were maybe four math problems – not necessarily the fairest assessment of one's quantitative ability, but it seems that getting those right is more important than proving your ability to strategize. They informed me that I didn't receive an offer the second week in April. All in all, a very fair process with some very nice people. The HR representatives were pleasant to deal with, as were the interviewers. Overall a positive experience despite not receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• How many bagels can a bagel shop sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position. Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions

• If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. He followed up to set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, I met with four people for thirty minutes each, there was one market sizing question but everything else was about my background and was good conversation. Plenty of time to ask questions.