Digitas Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digitas.

Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Applied online and was contacted be a recruiter. Has a 20 minute phone interview and was invited to come into the office. Interviewed by 4 team members that asked me about my background and cultural fit. The process was professional and they are a great company, but ultimately someone with more experience was chosen.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in May 2013.

In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Chose to pursue other options that arose.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in December 2012.

Pretty straight forward set up. Initial phone screen going through my resume, why Digitas?, why do you want to be in digital advertising? Set up a date to come into their Chicago office. Real laid back atmosphere. Had two 2v1 interviews back to back - again more behavioral. Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Asked about my previous excel work

Interview Questions
    • One manager asked me to a brain teaser to see how I think - Told me to describe the internet to a person who had just woken from a 30 yr coma. Kinda threw me off a little bit   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in August 2012.

Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter and then a series of 5 one-on-one 30-minute interviews with various people on the account ranting from other associates to senior leadership.

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of big personalities and interesting people that work at agencies. What would you bring to the table?   Answer Question

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Applied online through the company's career website. Received an email from an HR Recruiter asking to chat on the phone. Got on the phone with the HR recruiter and she got right to the point asking about my relevant experience to the position. I talked about how I took part in the Google Marketing Challenge. Through this challenge, I gained hands-on experience crafting, analyzing, and optimizing a Google Adwords Pay-Per-Click campaign to benefit a local business. The recruiter was impressed with this and told me she would be in touch about a possible interview in-person. The following week I had an interview at the office. It consisted of four 30-minute interviews with different people. I interviewed with some pretty high up people in the SEM department. Very laid back with each person, they really just wanted to get to know me and asked about my relevant experience. Two hours later I left and was told by the recruiter that I would hear back by next Monday (I interviewed on a Monday) and Wednesday at the latest. Didn't hear back until Friday in an email that said I interviewed well but they went with someone else. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • One person asked me what I might do if the impressions for an ad were too high and what I might look at to get a better understanding. It was the most challenging of all the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in April 2012.

The team at Digitas were enjoyable and asked good questions. Good company culture from what I could immediately see. The only negative aspect in the interview process was the contract recruiter who showed little professionalism throughout the process which consisted of no return e-mails and no call backs which was odd since she was overly aggressive, to the point of badgering, in initial conversations. She was a solid example of how not to treat prospective candidates.

Despite my negative experience with the contract recruiter I think the people made up for the experience and would evaluate it as a positive experience.

Marketing Operations Analyst (MOPS) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with someone from Boston office, and finally a series of three in-person interviews that asked mainly about experience and situations with people I would be working for/with if offered the job.

Corporate culture was described by all three interviewers as professional but laid back.

Interview Questions
    • If a client called and asked to speak to you because s/he could not get in touch with the correct person and you did not know the answer to his or her question, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Program 2012 - Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

I submitted my resume and applied through the career link on the website. The online application consisted of your background information, your resume, and also an answer to the question "If you were a mobile app, which one would you be and why?" They contacted me several days later about receiving my application, and let me know that I would get a response in several weeks. Several weeks later, they contacted me about an interview and I went in for an interview pretty soon. I had a great interview experience--my interviewer was enthusiastic about her job and she seemed to genuinely care about what I was saying. Several days later, HR called me and told me that they loved me but they could not offer me the job. However, they told me to keep in contact for full time positions.

Manager, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in February 2012.

Phone screen and then an office visit with numerous team members.

Interview Questions
    • A market sizing questions on the number of cabs in Chicago.   View Answer