Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Project Management Interview

Manager, Project Management
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Question – Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Strategy Interview

Strategy
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in May 2013.

Interview Details – In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Reason for Declining – Chose to pursue other options that arose.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted be a recruiter. Has a 20 minute phone interview and was invited to come into the office. Interviewed by 4 team members that asked me about my background and cultural fit. The process was professional and they are a great company, but ultimately someone with more experience was chosen.

Interview Question – What is one of your favorite recent AD campaigns   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in February 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and heard back within a week or two. Then there was a phone interview. They then scheduled an in-person interview with 3 employees, each interview done seperately. The interviewers were all late, but that seems to be more and more normal. Then one scheduled interviewer was swapped for another person on the team.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Associate Art Director Interview

Associate Art Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas in January 2011.

Interview Details – I flew myself in and spent a day interviewing. It wasn't supposed to be a day however, but because of a client emergency, I ended up there for hours. I interviewed with four creatives for about 20 minutes each as well as the ECD twice.

Interview Question – I don't think I was asked a very difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick. They contacted me Tuesday after the Friday I was in. They offered me a higher salary than I had asked so I was quick to accept.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward set up. Initial phone screen going through my resume, why Digitas?, why do you want to be in digital advertising? Set up a date to come into their Chicago office. Real laid back atmosphere. Had two 2v1 interviews back to back - again more behavioral. Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Asked about my previous excel work

Interview Question – One manager asked me to a brain teaser to see how I think - Told me to describe the internet to a person who had just woken from a 30 yr coma. Kinda threw me off a little bit   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Senior Associate, Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter and then a series of 5 one-on-one 30-minute interviews with various people on the account ranting from other associates to senior leadership.

Interview Question – There are a lot of big personalities and interesting people that work at agencies. What would you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Manager, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Manager, Strategy & Analysis
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screen and then an office visit with numerous team members.

Interview Question – A market sizing questions on the number of cabs in Chicago.   View Answer

SEM Analyst Interview

SEM Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Applied online through the company's career website. Received an email from an HR Recruiter asking to chat on the phone. Got on the phone with the HR recruiter and she got right to the point asking about my relevant experience to the position. I talked about how I took part in the Google Marketing Challenge. Through this challenge, I gained hands-on experience crafting, analyzing, and optimizing a Google Adwords Pay-Per-Click campaign to benefit a local business. The recruiter was impressed with this and told me she would be in touch about a possible interview in-person. The following week I had an interview at the office. It consisted of four 30-minute interviews with different people. I interviewed with some pretty high up people in the SEM department. Very laid back with each person, they really just wanted to get to know me and asked about my relevant experience. Two hours later I left and was told by the recruiter that I would hear back by next Monday (I interviewed on a Monday) and Wednesday at the latest. Didn't hear back until Friday in an email that said I interviewed well but they went with someone else. Overall positive experience.

Interview Question – One person asked me what I might do if the impressions for an ad were too high and what I might look at to get a better understanding. It was the most challenging of all the questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Analyst (MOPS) Interview

Marketing Operations Analyst (MOPS)
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with someone from Boston office, and finally a series of three in-person interviews that asked mainly about experience and situations with people I would be working for/with if offered the job.

Corporate culture was described by all three interviewers as professional but laid back.

Interview Questions

• If a client called and asked to speak to you because s/he could not get in touch with the correct person and you did not know the answer to his or her question, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!