Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Horrible Experience Interview

Horrible Experience
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – I applied for a Senior QA Analyst position in Dec of 2012 and Digitas’ IT recruiter contacted soon after. I did a preliminary phone screening and a few days later I was invited for a F2F interview with the QA manager, associate QA Director and the VP of Technology.

When I arrived at Digitas’ location in NY, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't available, but her assistant quickly ushered me to the interview room. The office was pretty much what one would expect from such a “reputable” organization. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were pretty standard.

Exactly two hours after my F2F interview, the recruiter called me and told me the interview went well and the team wanted to make me an offer. I was pretty happy about this, but soon after the nightmare began.

The recruiter and I discussed company's benefits and what not, but he didn't put anything in writing. I requested the offer in writing, two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from him. Finally, he called me again to discuss compensation. Once again, I insisted that the offer be put in writing; eventually he sent me a contract with a top salary of $80k.

Honestly, I didn't know how to counter such a lowball so, I asked the recruiter to google the salary range for a Sr. QA Analyst with 10+ years of experience in NY. As usual, he called me and upped the offer to $92k. Once again, I asked for the offer in writing and received and email a few days later saying that the management cannot meet my salary request. This was the last time I heard from him.

I wish I had looked up Digitas before I wasted my time and energy dealing with them. I really hope future candidates see this review and make their decisions wisely.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty standard technical and SDLC questions.   View Answer

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!