Digitas

Average Difficulty
125 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, Interview with 5 people at company's site

Interview Question – What is the yearly consumption of eggs in the USA   View Answers (2)

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Interview Details – Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Question – How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position.

Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Manager, Project Management Interview

Manager, Project Management
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Question – Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Applied through university and had a phone interview for the first round. Got called back within 24 hours asking me to come to Boston 3 days from then. The HR rep was friendly and flexible in terms of scheduling, but they did not offer to compensate for the travel expenses (which were not insignificant). They only gave me an hour of their time for round 2, and scheduled 2 half-hour interviews for this time, with no office tour or any other sort of welcome. My first interviewer was nearly 10 minutes late to a 30 minute interview, and she proceeded to present a case although the HR rep had said they would probably save the case for the second interview since she was late. The case was rushed and the interviewer showed no interest in interviewing me, folding my resume into shapes and looking around the room as I answered her questions. She then proceeded to leave the interview early because she had a meeting, and then my next interviewer was late as well. Overall it felt very unprofessional and frankly quite rude. I left feeling convinced that I would never accept the offer even if I received one.

Interview Question – 1 creative case question first round. 1 market sizing question + 1 more in-depth case question second round   Answer Question

Vice President/Director Interview

Vice President/Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in January 2010.

Interview Details – Disorganized. Unpredictable. Changing variables throughout the experience. Good to come prepared and ready to ask tough questions. Don't be surprised if you're interviewing for one client and then get assigned another client. Go with the flow. Dark circles under all employee eyes. Some employees suggested I may want to consider working for another client within the agency or for another sister agency altogether. Offices were creative and comfortable. Food was eaten by interviewers during the interview as if they had no time to eat before/after the session. Interviewed with 23 different people over a period of five separate visits.

Interview Questions

• After already answering why do I want to work at the company, being asked a second time, why do I really want to work there?   Answer Question
  • Long days and late nights were involved, so was I prepared to be spending more time at the office versus with my family?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Digital Media Analyst Interview

Digital Media Analyst
Phila, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 5 people, the interview consisted of knowledge based questions about the position and the pharma industry. I was told someone would contact me from HR after the interview and then again within about 1-2 weeks. No one got back to me ever and did not return my calls and emails. How unprofessional and rude!!!

Interview Question – Digital Media   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas in July 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by in office interview 1 week later. In office interview consisted of meeting with four different people one on one and one additional telephone interview with someone in remote office. Each of the four one on one interviews had a different format. One person did a general "What's your background" kind of interview. The next person asked a series of behavioral questions, the third and fourth person asked very specific business case questions. Everyone appeared laid back and easy going except for the final interviewer. He lacked basic professional courtesy.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to step outside of your designated role to get something done for a client.   Answer Question

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two program directors in person and one phone interview on site. Expect you to be both creative and analytical. One of the interviews is a case study. The interviewer gave me some data sheets and asked what campaigns were performing well and and which ones were not performing to standards.

Interview Question – Case Study   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Question – How many barber shops are there in the United States.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate slightly.

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!