Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas in July 2013.

Phone interview with HR, Interview with 5 people at company's site

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2013.

3 interviews

Wanted freelance

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interviewed with two program directors in person and one phone interview on site. Expect you to be both creative and analytical. One of the interviews is a case study. The interviewer gave me some data sheets and asked what campaigns were performing well and and which ones were not performing to standards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

I was referred by a contact with ties inside the Digitas Boston office. I received an email from a recruiter soon after, who then set up an initial phone screening. One week after the phone call, I interviewed with two managers and two VP/directors on the S&A team. Each person interviewed me for 30 minutes, and all conversations were back to back. The recruiter called me the next day to offer me the position.

Questions were mostly behavioral and experience-based, but there were a couple of strategy-related/case questions. If you look through and practice answering questions that are laid out in past Digitas S&A interview reviews on Glassdoor, you should be in good shape.

Interview Questions
    • If you were Volkswagen and you were running an ad during the Super Bowl, what would you do to prepare beforehand?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Boston on LinkedIn. I had a quick phone interview and was quickly brought in for an in-person interview. The process took 3 hours and I was asked very specific questions about my background as well as some problem-solving questions. I received a tentative offer by phone the same week. However, an official offer was not sent until four weeks later.

Interview Questions
    Able to negotiate slightly.

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

Several phone interviews with HR, and though it seemed very promising, it ended there.

Interview Questions
    • Provide specific examples of ethnographic and other types of market research conducted.   Answer Question

Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas.

Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Applied through university and had a phone interview for the first round. Got called back within 24 hours asking me to come to Boston 3 days from then. The HR rep was friendly and flexible in terms of scheduling, but they did not offer to compensate for the travel expenses (which were not insignificant). They only gave me an hour of their time for round 2, and scheduled 2 half-hour interviews for this time, with no office tour or any other sort of welcome. My first interviewer was nearly 10 minutes late to a 30 minute interview, and she proceeded to present a case although the HR rep had said they would probably save the case for the second interview since she was late. The case was rushed and the interviewer showed no interest in interviewing me, folding my resume into shapes and looking around the room as I answered her questions. She then proceeded to leave the interview early because she had a meeting, and then my next interviewer was late as well. Overall it felt very unprofessional and frankly quite rude. I left feeling convinced that I would never accept the offer even if I received one.

Interview Questions
    • 1 creative case question first round. 1 market sizing question + 1 more in-depth case question second round   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2009.

Recruiter will phone screen you then you'll be brought in for four half hour interviews. The recruiter follows up within a few days. There's a potential you'll be brought back in a second time for another round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!