Digitas

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

113 candidate interviews

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

Interview Details – In mid-January I applied for an entry-level position in Strategy & Analysis through the campus recruiting program. Heard back from an HR representative first week in March. First step was a quick phone interview in which he asked me about my background and why I'm interested in Digitas – very basic, lasted about 5 minutes. We scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. The main interview involved meeting with four employees in the department – three managers and one VP – for two hours total (30 minutes each). First interview was a market sizing question, the following two were behavioral, and the fourth was a long case problem. The market sizing question was estimating the number of bagels a bagel shop could sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town. Next up were two interviews with general questions about my experience, interest in Digitas/marketing, career ambitions, time I worked on a team, etc. Case question was about GrooveBoston (concert production company for colleges) and its plans for expansion; my responsibility was to look through some basic metrics/graphs about its social media presence, as well as consider their concert schedule and company goals, in order to determine how the business could increase brand awareness and simultaneously expand its operations. Nothing about the question was very difficult, but make sure you are comfortable multiplying numbers in the several thousands. My mental lapse likely cost me despite it being an extremely easy math problem, and the interviewer apparently didn't feel that I had the quantitative skills to handle the job. Between the market sizing and case questions there were maybe four math problems – not necessarily the fairest assessment of one's quantitative ability, but it seems that getting those right is more important than proving your ability to strategize. They informed me that I didn't receive an offer the second week in April. All in all, a very fair process with some very nice people. The HR representatives were pleasant to deal with, as were the interviewers. Overall a positive experience despite not receiving an offer.

Interview Question – How many bagels can a bagel shop sell in a year in Nantucket, assuming it was the only one in the town?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Standard interview process but I was surprised at how quickly they got back to me and how fast I was able to start - probably because the economy was doing well at that point

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Strategy Director Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews with HR, and though it seemed very promising, it ended there.

Interview Question – Provide specific examples of ethnographic and other types of market research conducted.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Applied through an employee referral, spoke with a recruiter months later, came in for an interview 2 weeks after that, found out I did not get the position a month after the interview. The interview started with the recruiter and than went into 4 higher level analyst mangers coming in separately. The questions were based on my background, advertising industry, and analytical skills. Although they felt my experience was fit for the position I did not get it because my answers were "too long."

Interview Question – What is your favorite AD campaign?
How can you track social media?
If you wanted to reach out to Boston males in college, what is the market size?
What companies perform SEM and SEO well, which do not?
  View Answer

Account Director Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – What makes a great website   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wanted freelance

Very Difficult Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Interview Details – Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Question – How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – initial phone interview, 1 in person interview with four different people, follow-up phone interviews

Interview Question – Business case   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – 3 back-to-back onsite interviews. one will be a business case.

Interview Question – how many tennis balls are sold in the US every year?   Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Applied through university and had a phone interview for the first round. Got called back within 24 hours asking me to come to Boston 3 days from then. The HR rep was friendly and flexible in terms of scheduling, but they did not offer to compensate for the travel expenses (which were not insignificant). They only gave me an hour of their time for round 2, and scheduled 2 half-hour interviews for this time, with no office tour or any other sort of welcome. My first interviewer was nearly 10 minutes late to a 30 minute interview, and she proceeded to present a case although the HR rep had said they would probably save the case for the second interview since she was late. The case was rushed and the interviewer showed no interest in interviewing me, folding my resume into shapes and looking around the room as I answered her questions. She then proceeded to leave the interview early because she had a meeting, and then my next interviewer was late as well. Overall it felt very unprofessional and frankly quite rude. I left feeling convinced that I would never accept the offer even if I received one.

Interview Question – 1 creative case question first round. 1 market sizing question + 1 more in-depth case question second round   Answer Question

Vice President Digitas Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was little questioning. I don't think they understood my role. I wanted to share more but I pretty much just listened to them speak.

Interview Question – Salary question was difficult. I told them that I needed a higher salary and they told me that if I had any jewelry that I should sell it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digitas

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!

Digitas Videos

Digitas – Why Work for Us?

Digitas - Creating inspired ideas that move people in new ways Digitas, the top global integrated brand agency, builds active brands for some of the foremost companies in the world. In 2012 Digitas was named OMMA… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digitas interview questions and advice. All 113 interview reviews posted anonymously by Digitas employees and interview candidates.