Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Digitas Interview

Vice President Digitas
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was little questioning. I don't think they understood my role. I wanted to share more but I pretty much just listened to them speak.

Interview Question – Salary question was difficult. I told them that I needed a higher salary and they told me that if I had any jewelry that I should sell it.   Answer Question

Manager, Project Management Interview

Manager, Project Management
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Question – Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online (through the Digitas website). I heard from a recruiter a few weeks later and we scheduled a phone interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview - very informal, exploring my background and giving some detail (though not a ton) about the position and the S&A group. He also briefly discussed salary parameters for the role.

I was then scheduled for a round of in-person interviews. I met with four members of the S&A team (ranging in role from manager to vp) for 30 minutes each. Everyone was really friendly and conversational. They all asked about my background and work/education experiences. Nothing crazy. There was one "case question", which was a market sizing question.

I left that day feeling satisfied with the experience. The recruiter I had been working with called a few days later to share my feedback. Unfortunately, while he said the team really liked me and thought I would be a good fit for the company, my background wasn't specifically what they were looking for for this role. He did suggest that I reach back out if I see any different roles that interest me (in the specific groups where the team felt I would better fit).

Interview Question – How many crayons are sold in the US each year?   Answer Question

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Analyst-Strategy
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Question – Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards
  Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Analyst Strategy and Analysis
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Interview Details – An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

I interviewed at Digitas in February 2013.

Interview Details – 4 separate 30 minute interviews. The interviewers were friendly but serious. They were looking for concrete examples of past experience. For example: Name a time when you took leadership; Give an example of your strength in managing projects, Talk about how you work in a team environment, Give 3 strengths/ 3 weaknesses, etc. There was only one "situational" question (see below).

Interview Question – How would you interact with a client who was asking for something beyond their budget?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Phone & in person interviews. Very friendly, and relaxed, mostly want you to speak to your previous experience, and how that will make you a fit for the position.

Interview Question – What projects have you worked on in the past?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another offer

Strategy Interview

Strategy
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in May 2013.

Interview Details – In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Reason for Declining – Chose to pursue other options that arose.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Analyst Strategy and Analysis

Interviewed at Digitas

Interview Details – Was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. He followed up to set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, I met with four people for thirty minutes each, there was one market sizing question but everything else was about my background and was good conversation. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Interview Question – Marketing sizing question   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Digitas in January 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy process, Interviewed four times with four different people. Overall very informal and great atmosphere

Interview Question – How many tires are in the United States?   Answer Question

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!