Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

Analyst Interview

3 back-to-back onsite interviews. one will be a business case.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Applied through university and had a phone interview for the first round. Got called back within 24 hours asking me to come to Boston 3 days from then. The HR rep was friendly and flexible in terms of scheduling, but they did not offer to compensate for the travel expenses (which were not insignificant). They only gave me an hour of their time for round 2, and scheduled 2 half-hour interviews for this time, with no office tour or any other sort of welcome. My first interviewer was nearly 10 minutes late to a 30 minute interview, and she proceeded to present a case although the HR rep had said they would probably save the case for the second interview since she was late. The case was rushed and the interviewer showed no interest in interviewing me, folding my resume into shapes and looking around the room as I answered her questions. She then proceeded to leave the interview early because she had a meeting, and then my next interviewer was late as well. Overall it felt very unprofessional and frankly quite rude. I left feeling convinced that I would never accept the offer even if I received one.

Interview Questions
    • 1 creative case question first round. 1 market sizing question + 1 more in-depth case question second round   Answer Question

Vice President Digitas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in September 2009.

There was little questioning. I don't think they understood my role. I wanted to share more but I pretty much just listened to them speak.

Interview Questions
    • Salary question was difficult. I told them that I needed a higher salary and they told me that if I had any jewelry that I should sell it.   Answer Question

Manager, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas.

Received interview through employee referral. Had initial phone screening and then had a full day of interviews set-up with five different employees from all different capabilities. Was offered position next day with minimal negotiation needed.

Interview Questions
    • Many of the questions were situational. One of the hardest questions was what was my life's greatest accomplishment!? I was not prepared for that question.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

I applied online (through the Digitas website). I heard from a recruiter a few weeks later and we scheduled a phone interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview - very informal, exploring my background and giving some detail (though not a ton) about the position and the S&A group. He also briefly discussed salary parameters for the role.

I was then scheduled for a round of in-person interviews. I met with four members of the S&A team (ranging in role from manager to vp) for 30 minutes each. Everyone was really friendly and conversational. They all asked about my background and work/education experiences. Nothing crazy. There was one "case question", which was a market sizing question.

I left that day feeling satisfied with the experience. The recruiter I had been working with called a few days later to share my feedback. Unfortunately, while he said the team really liked me and thought I would be a good fit for the company, my background wasn't specifically what they were looking for for this role. He did suggest that I reach back out if I see any different roles that interest me (in the specific groups where the team felt I would better fit).

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
    They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
      Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards
        Answer Question

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Marketing Associate Interview

interviewed at Digitas in February 2013.

4 separate 30 minute interviews. The interviewers were friendly but serious. They were looking for concrete examples of past experience. For example: Name a time when you took leadership; Give an example of your strength in managing projects, Talk about how you work in a team environment, Give 3 strengths/ 3 weaknesses, etc. There was only one "situational" question (see below).

Interview Questions
    • How would you interact with a client who was asking for something beyond their budget?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Phone & in person interviews. Very friendly, and relaxed, mostly want you to speak to your previous experience, and how that will make you a fit for the position.

Took another offer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in May 2013.

In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Chose to pursue other options that arose.