Digitas

Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

Finance Intern Interview

Phone & in person interviews. Very friendly, and relaxed, mostly want you to speak to your previous experience, and how that will make you a fit for the position.

Took another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Was emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. He followed up to set up an in person interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, I met with four people for thirty minutes each, there was one market sizing question but everything else was about my background and was good conversation. Plenty of time to ask questions.

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

I applied online (through the Digitas website). I heard from a recruiter a few weeks later and we scheduled a phone interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview - very informal, exploring my background and giving some detail (though not a ton) about the position and the S&A group. He also briefly discussed salary parameters for the role.

I was then scheduled for a round of in-person interviews. I met with four members of the S&A team (ranging in role from manager to vp) for 30 minutes each. Everyone was really friendly and conversational. They all asked about my background and work/education experiences. Nothing crazy. There was one "case question", which was a market sizing question.

I left that day feeling satisfied with the experience. The recruiter I had been working with called a few days later to share my feedback. Unfortunately, while he said the team really liked me and thought I would be a good fit for the company, my background wasn't specifically what they were looking for for this role. He did suggest that I reach back out if I see any different roles that interest me (in the specific groups where the team felt I would better fit).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
    They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
      Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards

Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

The hiring process was fairly quick - I was in contact with a former friend who was working there, and he gave me the download on all I should know going into the interview. I felt prepared, but I was actually very calm and felt like myself during the process (I'm fairly quirky). I think the Creative team appreciated my casual and friendly attitude because I soon learned they we're all very open people too. The interview was fun - I fit in because I was just like them.

Interview Questions
    • - Your book mostly shows print work. Why digital?

- What are you listening to right now? (I loved this question!)

Answer Question
    Short and brief. As an entry level creative, this process was foreign to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The first step was submitting my application. I emailed my resume, cover letter, and a short essay answering the prompt "If you were an app, what would you be?" Then I got an email notifying me that I had made it to the interview round. I met with 4 people during the interview, and they were all very nice and friendly. They asked a lot of questions about items on my resume, asked about the role I took on in group projects, any challenges I had faced, etc. They also asked if I had heard about some of the campaigns they had worked on, and had a lot of questions about social media.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about campaigns they worked on and effective use of social media   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas.

I received a call from a recruiter in Boston and we had a 20-ish minute conversation and then a call from the head of HR in NY. I later received a call from a NY assistant to come in and meet with 3 HR people - I went in and spent about an hour meeting with all 3 of the HR folks. Altogether I spent about 2 hours discussing the role that they had. I emailed a thank you to each of them and was assured I would hear next steps soon. Now, almost 2 months later - crickets. Nothing. It's like I never took the time to go meet with them. Very unprofessional IMO. As a professional HR person, I am disappointed in their process. At least a "thanks but no thanks" would have been appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digitas in July 2013.

Phone interview with HR, Interview with 5 people at company's site

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Applied online and was contacted be a recruiter. Has a 20 minute phone interview and was invited to come into the office. Interviewed by 4 team members that asked me about my background and cultural fit. The process was professional and they are a great company, but ultimately someone with more experience was chosen.