Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

An employee referred me and had a phone interview early October. Phone interview went pretty quickly no hard questions. Then I went in for on-site interview middle October, met with 4 mangers and 1 of it is a case. Asked about why Digitas, analytics experiences, strength, weakness, favorite campaign, making quick decision, how you learn a new tool, how you approach a project you don't know a lot about. Got a phone call about a week a later saying I didn't get the position I interviewed for but there was another possible analyst possible and set up a phone interview with that hiring manger. The phone interview went smoothly, pretty much the same questions. A week later got a reply saying I didn't get the offer saying they are looking for someone with more experience. Overall, felt very good with all the interviews but probably lack in analytical experience or experience in general.

Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online (through the Digitas website). I heard from a recruiter a few weeks later and we scheduled a phone interview. It was more of a conversation than an interview - very informal, exploring my background and giving some detail (though not a ton) about the position and the S&A group. He also briefly discussed salary parameters for the role.

I was then scheduled for a round of in-person interviews. I met with four members of the S&A team (ranging in role from manager to vp) for 30 minutes each. Everyone was really friendly and conversational. They all asked about my background and work/education experiences. Nothing crazy. There was one "case question", which was a market sizing question.

I left that day feeling satisfied with the experience. The recruiter I had been working with called a few days later to share my feedback. Unfortunately, while he said the team really liked me and thought I would be a good fit for the company, my background wasn't specifically what they were looking for for this role. He did suggest that I reach back out if I see any different roles that interest me (in the specific groups where the team felt I would better fit).

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
    They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Questions

• Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
      Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards

Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA).

Interview

The hiring process was fairly quick - I was in contact with a former friend who was working there, and he gave me the download on all I should know going into the interview. I felt prepared, but I was actually very calm and felt like myself during the process (I'm fairly quirky). I think the Creative team appreciated my casual and friendly attitude because I soon learned they we're all very open people too. The interview was fun - I fit in because I was just like them.

Interview Questions

• - Your book mostly shows print work. Why digital?

- What are you listening to right now? (I loved this question!)

Answer Question

Negotiation

Short and brief. As an entry level creative, this process was foreign to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The first step was submitting my application. I emailed my resume, cover letter, and a short essay answering the prompt "If you were an app, what would you be?" Then I got an email notifying me that I had made it to the interview round. I met with 4 people during the interview, and they were all very nice and friendly. They asked a lot of questions about items on my resume, asked about the role I took on in group projects, any challenges I had faced, etc. They also asked if I had heard about some of the campaigns they had worked on, and had a lot of questions about social media.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about campaigns they worked on and effective use of social media   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas (New York, NY).

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter in Boston and we had a 20-ish minute conversation and then a call from the head of HR in NY. I later received a call from a NY assistant to come in and meet with 3 HR people - I went in and spent about an hour meeting with all 3 of the HR folks. Altogether I spent about 2 hours discussing the role that they had. I emailed a thank you to each of them and was assured I would hear next steps soon. Now, almost 2 months later - crickets. Nothing. It's like I never took the time to go meet with them. Very unprofessional IMO. As a professional HR person, I am disappointed in their process. At least a "thanks but no thanks" would have been appreciated.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Interview with 5 people at company's site

Interview Questions

• What is the yearly consumption of eggs in the USA   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted be a recruiter. Has a 20 minute phone interview and was invited to come into the office. Interviewed by 4 team members that asked me about my background and cultural fit. The process was professional and they are a great company, but ultimately someone with more experience was chosen.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Questions

• How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Search Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and done round robin style. I met with four different people with the department who asked standard structured interview questions. Because of the position the questions were logic based and not behavioral. Mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• If you needed to find a needle in a haystack what method would you use?   Answer Question