Digitas

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

Brief Phone screen. Brought in for an interview the following week. Interviewed with three different people. Two associate directors and one manager in the Strategy and Analysis group. This was the most difficult I've ever had, mostly because of the challenging case study. They want to test your analytical and reasoning skills. Also, expect some basic and difficult computational questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many barbershops are there in America? Tell me how you got to your answer so I can understand your thought process   Answer Question

Search Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Digitas in June 2013.

The interview was straight forward and done round robin style. I met with four different people with the department who asked standard structured interview questions. Because of the position the questions were logic based and not behavioral. Mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • If you needed to find a needle in a haystack what method would you use?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in May 2013.

In-house recruiter found my profile online and vetted my interest in a conversation. This was professional and well handled -- got a clear description of the job and the requirements, why they thought there could be a fit. Likewise, the internal HR team at the local office was likewise buttoned up and very congenial.

My issue is that I would have been relocating for the position and I think either this is a relatively unusual situation for them or they haven't yet gotten the hang of how to "sell" the agency and its location. The visit was incredibly short -- I met with four people and assumed for this reason that it was a round to vet me down from a longer list of potential applications. I had neither time for lunch nor time to simply hang out at the agency let alone in town. It turned out this was the one and only visit they thought I would have, which was very strange both for me and for them. Felt rushed and gave me a sense that they were over-eager to close the spot -- an indication that maybe it was going to be a churn and burn type of job that they were having a hard time selling. Maybe they thought they didn't need to sell it, but I didn't signal that as far as I was aware. I was interested but doing my own due-diligence, too.

Beyond this, for the most part the senior staff I met with were congenial, with the exception of one manager who literally showed up 15 minutes late and left 15 minutes early for a 45 minute meeting, with vague apologies. Everyone gets crunched for time, but to me this seemed a preview for how much time and attention I could expect from my colleague, and it was not attractive. Better to cancel/reschedule outright than be so flippant, I think. Others were interested in me and I got an offer, so they weren't blowing me off because they were sure I wasn't worthy.

Chose to pursue other options that arose.

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Interview was pretty simple, 2 behavior + 1 case study

Interview Questions
    • If you had to advertise during the superbowl, what are some factors you need to take into account?   Answer Question

Media Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas.

Had a quick behavioral phone interview and then got called into the office for 3 different interviews with managers from the department. Total process was about 4 hours.

Art Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Digitas in April 2013.

Asked about my creative process. To present some of my ideas as well as explain why I did the things I did. Overall it was a great experience and received good feedback in general from them. They where very easy to talk to. As long as you can explain yourself, stay calm, confident and be yourself it shouldn't be too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about this campaign what would it be?   View Answer

Horrible Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

I applied for a Senior QA Analyst position in Dec of 2012 and Digitas’ IT recruiter contacted soon after. I did a preliminary phone screening and a few days later I was invited for a F2F interview with the QA manager, associate QA Director and the VP of Technology.

When I arrived at Digitas’ location in NY, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't available, but her assistant quickly ushered me to the interview room. The office was pretty much what one would expect from such a “reputable” organization. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were pretty standard.

Exactly two hours after my F2F interview, the recruiter called me and told me the interview went well and the team wanted to make me an offer. I was pretty happy about this, but soon after the nightmare began.

The recruiter and I discussed company's benefits and what not, but he didn't put anything in writing. I requested the offer in writing, two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from him. Finally, he called me again to discuss compensation. Once again, I insisted that the offer be put in writing; eventually he sent me a contract with a top salary of $80k.

Honestly, I didn't know how to counter such a lowball so, I asked the recruiter to google the salary range for a Sr. QA Analyst with 10+ years of experience in NY. As usual, he called me and upped the offer to $92k. Once again, I asked for the offer in writing and received and email a few days later saying that the management cannot meet my salary request. This was the last time I heard from him.

I wish I had looked up Digitas before I wasted my time and energy dealing with them. I really hope future candidates see this review and make their decisions wisely.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard technical and SDLC questions.   View Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Digitas.

The questions asked of me were pretty expected -- no curve balls. I was asked to describe a recent recommendation that I made to the client, and to describe my rationale. Other than that, standard questions regarding my media and supervising skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Again, no curve balls. The interviewer was clearly just interested in understanding my skills and personality.   Answer Question

Associate Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas in March 2013.

I applied through my campus online portal, had an initial phone interview and then had 4 separate 30 min. interviews with different account planners in the Boston office.

Everyone was very nice and friendly but 2 of them barely read my resume beforehand and were not at all prepared to interview me.

In general they asked a little bit about my background/resume etc. and also asked questions to better understand how I think and approach problems.

Interview Questions
    • I had lengthy discussion about a brand that I liked and then had to chose a brand in the same category that I believed was weak and why. From there I had to give recommendations on how I would change this brand's current strategy. The question was completely fair as it was trying to reveal how I think. That being said, since I don't spend a lot of time thinking about brands I don't like, I had trouble articulating why I didn't like this certain brand (especially because the category was so narrow).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in March 2013.

I applied through my university and was notified about a month and a half later for an interview. I did 5 back to back 20 minute phone interviews with an hour break after the 3rd. They later notified me about a month after.

Interview Questions
    • They just went through my resume and asked questions regarding it. They also wanted to know about my thought process when it came to designing certain projects I worked on.   Answer Question