Digitas

113 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Horrible Experience Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – I applied for a Senior QA Analyst position in Dec of 2012 and Digitas’ IT recruiter contacted soon after. I did a preliminary phone screening and a few days later I was invited for a F2F interview with the QA manager, associate QA Director and the VP of Technology.

When I arrived at Digitas’ location in NY, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't available, but her assistant quickly ushered me to the interview room. The office was pretty much what one would expect from such a “reputable” organization. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were pretty standard.

Exactly two hours after my F2F interview, the recruiter called me and told me the interview went well and the team wanted to make me an offer. I was pretty happy about this, but soon after the nightmare began.

The recruiter and I discussed company's benefits and what not, but he didn't put anything in writing. I requested the offer in writing, two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from him. Finally, he called me again to discuss compensation. Once again, I insisted that the offer be put in writing; eventually he sent me a contract with a top salary of $80k.

Honestly, I didn't know how to counter such a lowball so, I asked the recruiter to google the salary range for a Sr. QA Analyst with 10+ years of experience in NY. As usual, he called me and upped the offer to $92k. Once again, I asked for the offer in writing and received and email a few days later saying that the management cannot meet my salary request. This was the last time I heard from him.

I wish I had looked up Digitas before I wasted my time and energy dealing with them. I really hope future candidates see this review and make their decisions wisely.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty standard technical and SDLC questions.   View Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

Media Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – The questions asked of me were pretty expected -- no curve balls. I was asked to describe a recent recommendation that I made to the client, and to describe my rationale. Other than that, standard questions regarding my media and supervising skill set.

Interview Question – Again, no curve balls. The interviewer was clearly just interested in understanding my skills and personality.   Answer Question

Manager, Project Management Interview

Manager, Project Management

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. This was my second time applying online... the first time was a year or two before and for a different position.
* initial phone screening with HR: 30 to 45 minutes, basic questions about my PM experience. * in-person interview: 2-3 hours, met with 3-5 people from the team I was to work for (lead PM, PM, Tech team)
* Offer extended within a week.

At the manager level, I participate in interviewing new hires for the PM capability. Often times, though there is a rec open, you shouldn't expect to interview for a specific team per se. Because of this, the interview may not be very streamlined or give you a great sense of what the team culture /experience would be like. I was lucky in that I met with the team I was hired to immediately work with.

Interview Question – no case study. basic PM questions. Asked about my comfortability working with technology.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't!

Associate Art Director Interview

Associate Art Director
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas in January 2011.

Interview Details – I flew myself in and spent a day interviewing. It wasn't supposed to be a day however, but because of a client emergency, I ended up there for hours. I interviewed with four creatives for about 20 minutes each as well as the ECD twice.

Interview Question – I don't think I was asked a very difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick. They contacted me Tuesday after the Friday I was in. They offered me a higher salary than I had asked so I was quick to accept.

Analyst Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter will phone screen you then you'll be brought in for four half hour interviews. The recruiter follows up within a few days. There's a potential you'll be brought back in a second time for another round of interviews.

Interview Question – Case questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward set up. Initial phone screen going through my resume, why Digitas?, why do you want to be in digital advertising? Set up a date to come into their Chicago office. Real laid back atmosphere. Had two 2v1 interviews back to back - again more behavioral. Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Asked about my previous excel work

Interview Question – One manager asked me to a brain teaser to see how I think - Told me to describe the internet to a person who had just woken from a 30 yr coma. Kinda threw me off a little bit   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career site and was contacted within 2 weeks later for an on-site interview. It last about 30 min. with an HR representation and it was really laidback and conversational. I unfortunately did not get a second round interview, but it was a great experience.

Interview Question – What digital campaigns did you really like?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Digitas in April 2012.

Interview Details – 4 Thirty minute interviews back to back in a small room. Sounds intense? You're right, it is. Unbeknownst to me, they are usually pretty high up there management people. For interns, they take their time getting back to you but after the internship, they called me back within two weeks offering me the job.

Interview Question – What is something that you've overcome in your personal life that makes you who you are today?   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Senior Associate, Marketing
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter and then a series of 5 one-on-one 30-minute interviews with various people on the account ranting from other associates to senior leadership.

Interview Question – There are a lot of big personalities and interesting people that work at agencies. What would you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Art Direction Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview Details – I had an interview with four people (one at a time), all creatives (this after an initial phone interview with HR). Two were Art Directors, two were copywriters. They mostly let me talk and explain my portfolio. They really liked that I brought a print version of my portfolio and a copy of my resume for them to take with them after the interview. It's very intense, because I got about 40 minutes with each person, so after 4 people I was exhausted.

Interview Question – Don't expect them to ask you "typical interview questions", they mostly just seemed to want to see my work and hear my reasoning. Also, they wanted me to ask THEM questions, so I was happy to have researched them all and had previously thought of smart questions to ask them. Don't hog the conversation. Show your interest THROUGH the questions you ask them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship, so I didn't argue the salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digitas