Digitas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2014
126 interviews

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

Interview was pretty simple, 2 behavior + 1 case study

Interview Questions
    • If you had to advertise during the superbowl, what are some factors you need to take into account?   Answer Question

Media Internship Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Digitas.

Had a quick behavioral phone interview and then got called into the office for 3 different interviews with managers from the department. Total process was about 4 hours.

Horrible Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas.

I applied for a Senior QA Analyst position in Dec of 2012 and Digitas’ IT recruiter contacted soon after. I did a preliminary phone screening and a few days later I was invited for a F2F interview with the QA manager, associate QA Director and the VP of Technology.

When I arrived at Digitas’ location in NY, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't available, but her assistant quickly ushered me to the interview room. The office was pretty much what one would expect from such a “reputable” organization. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were pretty standard.

Exactly two hours after my F2F interview, the recruiter called me and told me the interview went well and the team wanted to make me an offer. I was pretty happy about this, but soon after the nightmare began.

The recruiter and I discussed company's benefits and what not, but he didn't put anything in writing. I requested the offer in writing, two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from him. Finally, he called me again to discuss compensation. Once again, I insisted that the offer be put in writing; eventually he sent me a contract with a top salary of $80k.

Honestly, I didn't know how to counter such a lowball so, I asked the recruiter to google the salary range for a Sr. QA Analyst with 10+ years of experience in NY. As usual, he called me and upped the offer to $92k. Once again, I asked for the offer in writing and received and email a few days later saying that the management cannot meet my salary request. This was the last time I heard from him.

I wish I had looked up Digitas before I wasted my time and energy dealing with them. I really hope future candidates see this review and make their decisions wisely.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard technical and SDLC questions.   View Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas.

The questions asked of me were pretty expected -- no curve balls. I was asked to describe a recent recommendation that I made to the client, and to describe my rationale. Other than that, standard questions regarding my media and supervising skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Again, no curve balls. The interviewer was clearly just interested in understanding my skills and personality.   Answer Question

Manager, Project Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in August 2011.

Applied online. This was my second time applying online... the first time was a year or two before and for a different position.
    * initial phone screening with HR: 30 to 45 minutes, basic questions about my PM experience. * in-person interview: 2-3 hours, met with 3-5 people from the team I was to work for (lead PM, PM, Tech team)
    * Offer extended within a week.

At the manager level, I participate in interviewing new hires for the PM capability. Often times, though there is a rec open, you shouldn't expect to interview for a specific team per se. Because of this, the interview may not be very streamlined or give you a great sense of what the team culture /experience would be like. I was lucky in that I met with the team I was hired to immediately work with.

Interview Questions
    • no case study. basic PM questions. Asked about my comfortability working with technology.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate... but that doesn't mean you shouldn't!

Associate Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Digitas in January 2011.

I flew myself in and spent a day interviewing. It wasn't supposed to be a day however, but because of a client emergency, I ended up there for hours. I interviewed with four creatives for about 20 minutes each as well as the ECD twice.

Interview Questions
    Quick. They contacted me Tuesday after the Friday I was in. They offered me a higher salary than I had asked so I was quick to accept.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2009.

Recruiter will phone screen you then you'll be brought in for four half hour interviews. The recruiter follows up within a few days. There's a potential you'll be brought back in a second time for another round of interviews.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in December 2012.

Pretty straight forward set up. Initial phone screen going through my resume, why Digitas?, why do you want to be in digital advertising? Set up a date to come into their Chicago office. Real laid back atmosphere. Had two 2v1 interviews back to back - again more behavioral. Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Asked about my previous excel work

Interview Questions
    • One manager asked me to a brain teaser to see how I think - Told me to describe the internet to a person who had just woken from a 30 yr coma. Kinda threw me off a little bit   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Digitas.

I applied through my university's career site and was contacted within 2 weeks later for an on-site interview. It last about 30 min. with an HR representation and it was really laidback and conversational. I unfortunately did not get a second round interview, but it was a great experience.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Digitas in April 2012.

4 Thirty minute interviews back to back in a small room. Sounds intense? You're right, it is. Unbeknownst to me, they are usually pretty high up there management people. For interns, they take their time getting back to you but after the internship, they called me back within two weeks offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you've overcome in your personal life that makes you who you are today?   Answer Question