Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

Marketing Associate Interview

interviewed at Digitas in February 2013.

4 separate 30 minute interviews. The interviewers were friendly but serious. They were looking for concrete examples of past experience. For example: Name a time when you took leadership; Give an example of your strength in managing projects, Talk about how you work in a team environment, Give 3 strengths/ 3 weaknesses, etc. There was only one "situational" question (see below).

Interview Questions
    • How would you interact with a client who was asking for something beyond their budget?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Digitas.

I applied through my university's career site and was contacted within 2 weeks later for an on-site interview. It last about 30 min. with an HR representation and it was really laidback and conversational. I unfortunately did not get a second round interview, but it was a great experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Digitas in January 2013.

Lengthy process, Interviewed four times with four different people. Overall very informal and great atmosphere

Senior Creative Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in January 2013.

Very efficient - streamlined, courteous, quick. 2 phone interviews - recruiter then peer/manager. One in person with 4 people including 2 peers, one manager and Senior VP of group. Very comfortable conversations. Code review after in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    They offered $10k above what I told them I was looking for. It made negotiations pretty easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in December 2012.

Pretty straight forward set up. Initial phone screen going through my resume, why Digitas?, why do you want to be in digital advertising? Set up a date to come into their Chicago office. Real laid back atmosphere. Had two 2v1 interviews back to back - again more behavioral. Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Asked about my previous excel work

Interview Questions
    • One manager asked me to a brain teaser to see how I think - Told me to describe the internet to a person who had just woken from a 30 yr coma. Kinda threw me off a little bit   Answer Question

Art Direction Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas.

I had an interview with four people (one at a time), all creatives (this after an initial phone interview with HR). Two were Art Directors, two were copywriters. They mostly let me talk and explain my portfolio. They really liked that I brought a print version of my portfolio and a copy of my resume for them to take with them after the interview. It's very intense, because I got about 40 minutes with each person, so after 4 people I was exhausted.

Interview Questions
    • Don't expect them to ask you "typical interview questions", they mostly just seemed to want to see my work and hear my reasoning. Also, they wanted me to ask THEM questions, so I was happy to have researched them all and had previously thought of smart questions to ask them. Don't hog the conversation. Show your interest THROUGH the questions you ask them.   Answer Question
    It was an internship, so I didn't argue the salary.

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in October 2012.

After a current employee passed my resume to HR, a recruiter reached out via phone and then I had an in person interview. I was offered the job within a week of the interview.

I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas in September 2012.

I was recruited for an interview via LinkedIn. I scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter and was invited in for an in-person interview. I met with 4 people from the department for about 30 minutes each. The interviews were back-to-back and fairly intense. I was asked about my background -- no trick questions. The people were very nice and authentic, and seemed to be looking for someone with relevant experience for the role.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just be prepared to be able to talk about your experience in a clear and concise manner.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in August 2012.

Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter and then a series of 5 one-on-one 30-minute interviews with various people on the account ranting from other associates to senior leadership.

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of big personalities and interesting people that work at agencies. What would you bring to the table?   Answer Question

SEM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

Applied online through the company's career website. Received an email from an HR Recruiter asking to chat on the phone. Got on the phone with the HR recruiter and she got right to the point asking about my relevant experience to the position. I talked about how I took part in the Google Marketing Challenge. Through this challenge, I gained hands-on experience crafting, analyzing, and optimizing a Google Adwords Pay-Per-Click campaign to benefit a local business. The recruiter was impressed with this and told me she would be in touch about a possible interview in-person. The following week I had an interview at the office. It consisted of four 30-minute interviews with different people. I interviewed with some pretty high up people in the SEM department. Very laid back with each person, they really just wanted to get to know me and asked about my relevant experience. Two hours later I left and was told by the recruiter that I would hear back by next Monday (I interviewed on a Monday) and Wednesday at the latest. Didn't hear back until Friday in an email that said I interviewed well but they went with someone else. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • One person asked me what I might do if the impressions for an ad were too high and what I might look at to get a better understanding. It was the most challenging of all the questions.   Answer Question