Digitas Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Search Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

After a current employee passed my resume to HR, a recruiter reached out via phone and then I had an in person interview. I was offered the job within a week of the interview.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I was recruited for an interview via LinkedIn. I scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter and was invited in for an in-person interview. I met with 4 people from the department for about 30 minutes each. The interviews were back-to-back and fairly intense. I was asked about my background -- no trick questions. The people were very nice and authentic, and seemed to be looking for someone with relevant experience for the role.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just be prepared to be able to talk about your experience in a clear and concise manner.   Answer Question

Senior Associate, Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter and then a series of 5 one-on-one 30-minute interviews with various people on the account ranting from other associates to senior leadership.

Interview Questions

• There are a lot of big personalities and interesting people that work at agencies. What would you bring to the table?   Answer Question

SEM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online through the company's career website. Received an email from an HR Recruiter asking to chat on the phone. Got on the phone with the HR recruiter and she got right to the point asking about my relevant experience to the position. I talked about how I took part in the Google Marketing Challenge. Through this challenge, I gained hands-on experience crafting, analyzing, and optimizing a Google Adwords Pay-Per-Click campaign to benefit a local business. The recruiter was impressed with this and told me she would be in touch about a possible interview in-person. The following week I had an interview at the office. It consisted of four 30-minute interviews with different people. I interviewed with some pretty high up people in the SEM department. Very laid back with each person, they really just wanted to get to know me and asked about my relevant experience. Two hours later I left and was told by the recruiter that I would hear back by next Monday (I interviewed on a Monday) and Wednesday at the latest. Didn't hear back until Friday in an email that said I interviewed well but they went with someone else. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• One person asked me what I might do if the impressions for an ad were too high and what I might look at to get a better understanding. It was the most challenging of all the questions.   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume directly to their website and received an email from HR to set up a phone interview. A week later I was invited to meet with the head of the department and the person who would've been my direct report. About two weeks later I was invited back to meet with people in other departments; the creative director, media guy, another Account Director, etc. In total I met with 7 people. It seems some where along the lines of meeting with the other departments is where I lost the offer (for some reason)...my feeling is that it was the media guy who didn't like me. He asked me tons of media questions which I didn't feel it was my area of expertise to know. Also, I didn't think it was a good idea to interview with someone who already held my position as an Account Director. Either way, I was told about a week after my 2 hour interview that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since your last job.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst, Strategy & Analysis Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

They had a great "one and done" process as far as in-person interviews go. I had an initial HR screening phone interview, then four back-to-back in-person interviews, followed by a final phone interview. Everyone was well prepared, had an organized and professional interview plan included a broad spectrum of behavioral questions, case study questions, and skills evaluations.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas (Detroit, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, called by recruiter, pleasant conversation for an hour then set up an interview. Had three 30 minute interviews with different managers. Nothing too technical, were just looking to see what sort of background in data analysis you have. Try to exemplify your adeptness with number, statistics, computers, and presentation of reports. ALSO, know that the numbers aren't important, the deductions you make from them are. Got a response later saying they would be getting back to me soon, followed by a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the market for a someone trying to break into the Crayon industry.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Digitas (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

First I was called by their NY recruiter and asked to come to the interview session. Around 8 people we're there being interviewed. We were interviewed for 30 minutes by 6 different people, so the interview was 3 hours. They asked questions from my resume, and then asked questions about working on a team and how I handle team environments. The people we're very nice and personable, and made me feel comfortable. The other people interviewing for the position we're young in their early 20's.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite brand and why? What's your least favorite brand and why?   Answer Question
    • What's your all time favorite advertisement? What is your favorite advertisement today?   Answer Question

Media Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Digitas (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Standard questions with 2 brain-teasers. Didn't feel very welcomed and all they saw in me was what I had to offer. I didn't feel like they cared who I was as a person. Other advertising agencies made me feel more welcomed and behavioral and skill was 50/50 important.

Interview Questions

• You have a Ferris wheel that only contains 10 carts total. Each cart can only hold 2 people. For every time a new cart cycles around, it takes 1 minute for that new cart to touch the ground. So in essence, it takes 10 min for a full revolution. The Ferris wheel only operates for 30 minutes, no less and no more. What is the max number of people you can seat before your shift is over.

Hint: You cannot leave people on the Ferris cart before your shift ends.

1 Answer
    • You have a 24-hr digital clock (that isn't military time), what is the total number you'll see the same number appear 3x in a row.

For example: 111, 1111 would be good.

1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

4 Thirty minute interviews back to back in a small room. Sounds intense? You're right, it is. Unbeknownst to me, they are usually pretty high up there management people. For interns, they take their time getting back to you but after the internship, they called me back within two weeks offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you've overcome in your personal life that makes you who you are today?   Answer Question