Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis Interview

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Digitas in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process is pretty typical and fast- start off with a phone screen with HR and then an in person interview with 4/5 people in the team

Interview Question – If you had $10M, how would you invest in a marketing campaign   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not the lifestyle I wanted- very much work long hours and then party with your coworkers after work.

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Digitas in May 2009.

Interview Details – I got a call through the online application on career-builder(surprise!). Very quick process- phone interview followed by meeting with everyone possible on the team in next 2 days including one phone interview with potential manager- that is the way at Digitas. Once it was done, I had a final interview with the VP that was great. good discussion, same questions - i think to validate answers from all the individuals who interviewed. You can clearly see when they have an urgent requirement. They hire and fire both at same speed when work is done. So ensure you find out about the position and who all have worked before in the team on projects. You will get a clear sense/.

Interview Questions

• On previous experience, handling a business problem   Answer Question
  • Asked question about the project they had and asked me to define the problem clearly and suggest a solution. Almost like a case study   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much...but still some room. Do your research as much as possible people at the same level will have variation of 5-7K easily.

Finance Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two 45 minute interviews with two people. The first interview was more relaxed, explanation of the job, why do you want to work for our company, etc. The second interview consisted of behavioral based questions, along with a puzzle-type question. Both interviews had a friendly feel to them and were very positive.

Intern Interview

Intern
Stamford, CT

Interview Details – Could not come in for a one on one, but they happily agreed to a phone interview. took about an hour and a half with three interviewers. Everything was super friendly and positive environment for interviewing. They asked a lot of questions about my portfolio and experience, very on point and not too many fluff questions. overall, a positive experience.

Interview Question – What kind of design principles do you follow?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in January 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed in early 2008. Interview basically is around excel skills. Great environment, very young people in the company. Lots of parties and outings. Not a tough interview at all. Had 4 people interview me. One director, and three managers. Got an offer right away in less then a week. Their pay grade is very low!

Interview Question – Explaining Pivot table experience in detail..   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Digitas in December 2009.

Interview Details – Process began by a Digitas recruiter phoning me to ask if I'd like to interview for the position. She set a date with me for a phone interview with her, which took place a couple days later. After the phone interview, I was set up to meet with 2 individuals in person, as well as 2 further phone interviews. From there I met with the person I ultimately would be reporting directly to. The day after my final interview, I received a call from the intitial recruiter offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult person, and how you handled it   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time you had to go above and beyond your call of duty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy - they offered me even more than I would have settled for

Analyst Strategy and Analysis Interview

Analyst Strategy and Analysis
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in January 2011.

Interview Details – First I was given a phone interview. They called 45 mins late. They moved me on. I got another phone interview and they asked basic questions "can you tell me a time when you were a leader, when you did research, when you had trouble..etc". I was then flown out the next week for an person to person interview. I was asked on "case question" it was "how many barbershops are there in the U.S" I aced this. Even when the turned me down the recruiter commented on how well i did with this case. In all they flew me out early one morning and flew me back late that night and in the process I saw 4 people. All of them asked me the same types of questions "why digitas? what do you do in your free time? what is your biggest failure" Not real mind boggling questions. Also as a side note, they did pay for my flight to and from their office (which was nice) but make sure that you have cash on hand for the cab service. They had no one there waiting for me, I had to pay for my taxi service both ways, and I had never been to Boston before so I had no idea how much they would cost, or that Boston had about $8 in tolls from the airport alone...it was a surprise but luckily I had prepared.

Finally, the reason they gave for not hiring me was that I "didn't have enough experience" and that although the team loved me and thought I would be a nice addition they "didn't think I could hit the ground running". I was upset but at this point any feedback is nice to have.

Vice President/Director Interview

Vice President/Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of phone interviews prior to be flown across the county to meet with six people. The interview questions were fairly softball, with a few tough ones tossed in. I was told I would hear back within a few days. After five follow up emails, and three phone calls, I've never heard back from anyone. Given the level of the position I was interviewing, Digitas has been EXTREMELY unprofessional during this period. I've already given up on being offered a position. However, I thought the company would have at least the professional courtesy to let me know that I wasn't chosen for the position. A simple email would have been sufficient.

Interview Question – What is your biggest success in your career?   Answer Question

Associate, Marketing Interview

Associate, Marketing
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with a Digitas recruiter in Boston. A few days later she contacted me by phone and told me the hiring managers wanted to have me come in to the Detroit office for a face to face interview. I interviewed with 4 different people for 30 minutes each (2 hour interview). I was called back again for a second interview where once again I interviewed with 4 more people for 30 minutes each (2 hour interview). A few days later I was contacted by the recruiter and offered a position.

Interview Question – If it were your job to figure out how many barber shops are needed in the U.S how would you go about figuring it out and how many barber shops would you suggest are needed.   View Answer

Art Buyer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had three interviews on a single visit. All went very well, but despite getting encouraging feedback I was never contacted for a second interview.

Interview Question – Basic personality and work history questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Digitas