Digitas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate, Marketing Interview

Associate, Marketing
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Digitas in January 2011.

Interview Details – I first had a phone screening with a recruiter, then I came into the office and met with 5 people total, all of whom would eventually be on my team. They asked about my background, what I thought of digital advertising. It was very conversational, very relaxing. Great team and a great experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Digitas in December 2010.

Interview Details – Its an ad agency the process is always the same. Phone call with HR or Creative resource manager then One on one interview with ECD then job offer. Not very complicated.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions, that's why they are an ad agency   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Analyst (MOPS) Interview

Marketing Operations Analyst (MOPS)
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with someone from Boston office, and finally a series of three in-person interviews that asked mainly about experience and situations with people I would be working for/with if offered the job.

Corporate culture was described by all three interviewers as professional but laid back.

Interview Questions

• If a client called and asked to speak to you because s/he could not get in touch with the correct person and you did not know the answer to his or her question, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Interview Details – After being recommended by a professor, I applied for the internship via email in January. I received an invitation to interview through email in early March and interviewed later that month. I interviewed one-on-one with four people in the department I was applying for. They asked very typical interview questions, mostly behavior type questions. Everyone was really pleasant and clearly enjoyed working at Digitas. They said they would let all of the intern candidates know within the next week and a half; however, I didn't hear back from them for a month.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a group project you have worked on and what role you assumed.   Answer Question
  • What product would you ideally want to make a campaign for and what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in April 2012.

Interview Details – The team at Digitas were enjoyable and asked good questions. Good company culture from what I could immediately see. The only negative aspect in the interview process was the contract recruiter who showed little professionalism throughout the process which consisted of no return e-mails and no call backs which was odd since she was overly aggressive, to the point of badgering, in initial conversations. She was a solid example of how not to treat prospective candidates.

Despite my negative experience with the contract recruiter I think the people made up for the experience and would evaluate it as a positive experience.

Media Operations Coordinator Interview

Media Operations Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in April 2012.

Interview Details – Standard questions with 2 brain-teasers. Didn't feel very welcomed and all they saw in me was what I had to offer. I didn't feel like they cared who I was as a person. Other advertising agencies made me feel more welcomed and behavioral and skill was 50/50 important.

Interview Questions

• You have a Ferris wheel that only contains 10 carts total. Each cart can only hold 2 people. For every time a new cart cycles around, it takes 1 minute for that new cart to touch the ground. So in essence, it takes 10 min for a full revolution. The Ferris wheel only operates for 30 minutes, no less and no more. What is the max number of people you can seat before your shift is over.

Hint: You cannot leave people on the Ferris cart before your shift ends.
      View Answer
  • You have a 24-hr digital clock (that isn't military time), what is the total number you'll see the same number appear 3x in a row.

For example: 111, 1111 would be good.
      View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted a week after I submitted my resume to the website. The following week I had a phone interview the HR recruiter. I was a little hesitant about this job position because I had minimal experience in the field. I asked the HR recruiter if experience would be chosen over personality fit for the position. She told me that "experience can always be trained, so we're looking for more of a personality fit."

It has always been a goal/dream of mine to work for a marketing agency so I studied vehemently for this interview. I researched the past analyst interviews here and realized that they asked a lot of case study questions. I had no experience in interviewing for case study questions before, so I studied that to the best of my ability. I barely reviewed field/subject material since I was preparing for case study/estimation questions.

Needless to say, when I went in for the interview, no case study questions were asked--only simple behavioral and traditional interview questions. They asked about my experience in the field. Because I failed to anticipate this portion or prepare for it, I was unable to expound on my experience in the field. I was only able to mumble a few bits and pieces of my experience.

I left the interview feeling a little mixed—not sure if I did a good enough job. HR was kind enough to inform me the following day that the interviewers were impressed with my background and thought I did a good job and that the candidate review process was going to take longer because they just acquired a few more clients. I waited a week to follow up and she told me that I should hear by Friday. No word Friday, I emailed the following Monday and she said she’d give me feedback by the end of the week (2 weeks total).

I didn’t get the job because I lacked experience in the field. She said that the team really liked me but again the decision was based on experience. I wish I had known this coming in and that they didn’t lead me to believe that “personality” was what was really needed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you over came it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time in which you had to handle someone with a difficult personality in a team, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a recent project you managed   Answer Question

Summer Internship Program 2012 - Finance Interview

Summer Internship Program 2012 - Finance
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Digitas in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and applied through the career link on the website. The online application consisted of your background information, your resume, and also an answer to the question "If you were a mobile app, which one would you be and why?" They contacted me several days later about receiving my application, and let me know that I would get a response in several weeks. Several weeks later, they contacted me about an interview and I went in for an interview pretty soon. I had a great interview experience--my interviewer was enthusiastic about her job and she seemed to genuinely care about what I was saying. Several days later, HR called me and told me that they loved me but they could not offer me the job. However, they told me to keep in contact for full time positions.

Interview Question – Tell me about your past experience.   Answer Question

Strategy and Analysis Interview

Strategy and Analysis
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Digitas in November 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process, meet with people of varying level and all ask you the same types of questions to determine; what type of person you are, do you fit the culture, and do you have the intellectual curiosity to do well.

Interview Question – Do you ever click on search ads or online ads? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Associate Director Marketing Interview

Associate Director Marketing
New York, NY

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Digitas in June 2010.

Interview Details – Digitas was very responsive - it was less than a week after submitting my resume when i was called for a preliminary phone interview. After a quick assessment over the phone, i was asked to come into interview with 4 team members over the course of a couple hours in the afternoon.

Interview Question – What was the most comprehensive marketing strategy you defined and executed?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I rejected the first offer and provided a counter offer figure that quickly accepted. They will try an get you for your lowest price, do your research, don't be greedy and make a firm offer