Digitas

2.8

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Digitas.

very organized, nothing too complicated. Very laid back. Human resources was very helpful and kind through out the whole process. I spoke to 4 different people. 3 in one department and one in another

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too difficult. It was all about me and my past experiences   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Analyst Media Optimization and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Digitas in May 2014.

For such an extensive interview process. I was expecting a offer the next day. Everything I had prepared for was not asked. They kept questions general mostly about experience and myself. Nothing technical. I interviewed with four individuals. The VP, 3 associate directors and a manager. Each pair was only suppose to interview me for 45 minutes or so but of course it went longer. I was there in total for about 2 hours. The first pair showed up late to interview me. One thing I noticed during the interview is that these folks are really attached to their phones. As in being so rude to be on your cellphone while your colleague interviews me. In both pairs you'll have one interviewer who behaves in a manner that says hey I care about what you're saying and the other who is either too far perched up on their own tree to even look at you and might ask one question.

How would you describe wifi to someone who has been in a coma for 10 years? Funny thing about this question, it just shows how little these people do know about technology. Wifi has been around since the 90's. Regardless, they said they asked me this question to see how I can take something really technical and break it down so anyone can easily understand this.

I got two brain teaser questions: First one being, how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock? At first they said a 12 hour clock so I imagined a analog clock, but then they corrected themselves and said a digital clock-which kind of made things easier. The answer? 34 times. I looked it up later and found that the answer is online.

Second question: There are 10 two-seater cars attached to a Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel turns so that one car rotates through the exit platform every minute. The wheel began operation at 10 in the morning and shut down 30 minutes later. What's the maximum number of people that could have taken a ride on the wheel in that time period? FUN STUFF I KNOW. So I thought up my best answer and emailed it in just as I did with the first one.

- For the first nine minutes the Ferris wheel is moving, the cars arriving at the unloading zone are unoccupied. For the last nine minutes of operation, needless to say, no one will be allowed to board the cars.From the time the Ferris wheel fills up at 10 minutes past the hour until the last passenger steps off at 10:30, a total of 21 sets of passengers will have taken a ride on the Ferris wheel.

Then i get a email response to this and it says: I would have said 60 but it turns out, you cannot board the ride mid-air!!!

BOOM. Oh and yeah I wasn't offered the position.

Honest opinion? Don't waste your time with this place.

Interview Questions
    • how many times do 3 consecutive numbers appear on a digital clock?

Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Digitas.

Standard interview process but I was surprised at how quickly they got back to me and how fast I was able to start - probably because the economy was doing well at that point

I did not negotiate

Associate Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Digitas in April 2014.

I Went to a super-day in the office for seniors. It was set-up speed dating style with 3 rounds of interviews. However, the lounge area was so small, I was literally shouting to my interviewer for her to hear me. Moreover, all the interviewers asked me simple and meaningless questions. Nothing constructive or questions that allowed me to explain my extensive experience in this position. I do not understand how they evaluated which candidates they wanted to select. Maybe favorites or friends to employees?...

All in all, one of the worst interview experiences i ever had. I dont think this process was thought all the way through.

Associate Director - Strategy & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Digitas in March 2014.

The interviews were fine. There were 2 initial phone screens and then they invited me in for in-person. I met with 4 people for 30 mins each in their individual offices which honestly weren't very nice but fine. The interviews seem to me to have went well. I currently work in a similar position at a competing company so I feel well qualified. The issue was I never heard back with a final determination. I followed up with the recruiter who said I would hear back soon then nothing. I sent 2 more emails which were ignored and not responded to so I dropped it. I just find it so rude and unprofessional that they don't follow up even to say something like they went with another candidate but let's keep in touch.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about my current work since I have a similar job at a competing agency.   Answer Question

Strategy Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Digitas in January 2014.

Several phone interviews with HR, and though it seemed very promising, it ended there.

Interview Questions
    • Provide specific examples of ethnographic and other types of market research conducted.   Answer Question

Analyst-Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas in October 2013.

Applied online, recruiter reached out and spoke on phone about background. Set up interview. Round robin of 4 interviews, 30 min each, mostly higher ups in the same department or functions you'd be reporting too. They're assessing your abilities while you ask them what they do.
    They want to know about your analytical capabilities as well as your ability to work on a team.

Interview Questions
    • Case question: If you were Motorola, what would your three objectives when creating a campaign?
      Case question: Talk me through what you'd look at first if you noticed that in your data set there was an increase of 300% traffic one day that continued onwards

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The first step was submitting my application. I emailed my resume, cover letter, and a short essay answering the prompt "If you were an app, what would you be?" Then I got an email notifying me that I had made it to the interview round. I met with 4 people during the interview, and they were all very nice and friendly. They asked a lot of questions about items on my resume, asked about the role I took on in group projects, any challenges I had faced, etc. They also asked if I had heard about some of the campaigns they had worked on, and had a lot of questions about social media.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions about campaigns they worked on and effective use of social media   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Digitas.

I received a call from a recruiter in Boston and we had a 20-ish minute conversation and then a call from the head of HR in NY. I later received a call from a NY assistant to come in and meet with 3 HR people - I went in and spent about an hour meeting with all 3 of the HR folks. Altogether I spent about 2 hours discussing the role that they had. I emailed a thank you to each of them and was assured I would hear next steps soon. Now, almost 2 months later - crickets. Nothing. It's like I never took the time to go meet with them. Very unprofessional IMO. As a professional HR person, I am disappointed in their process. At least a "thanks but no thanks" would have been appreciated.

Horrible Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Digitas.

I applied for a Senior QA Analyst position in Dec of 2012 and Digitas’ IT recruiter contacted soon after. I did a preliminary phone screening and a few days later I was invited for a F2F interview with the QA manager, associate QA Director and the VP of Technology.

When I arrived at Digitas’ location in NY, the person I was supposed to meet wasn't available, but her assistant quickly ushered me to the interview room. The office was pretty much what one would expect from such a “reputable” organization. The interview process was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were pretty standard.

Exactly two hours after my F2F interview, the recruiter called me and told me the interview went well and the team wanted to make me an offer. I was pretty happy about this, but soon after the nightmare began.

The recruiter and I discussed company's benefits and what not, but he didn't put anything in writing. I requested the offer in writing, two weeks went by and I didn't hear back from him. Finally, he called me again to discuss compensation. Once again, I insisted that the offer be put in writing; eventually he sent me a contract with a top salary of $80k.

Honestly, I didn't know how to counter such a lowball so, I asked the recruiter to google the salary range for a Sr. QA Analyst with 10+ years of experience in NY. As usual, he called me and upped the offer to $92k. Once again, I asked for the offer in writing and received and email a few days later saying that the management cannot meet my salary request. This was the last time I heard from him.

I wish I had looked up Digitas before I wasted my time and energy dealing with them. I really hope future candidates see this review and make their decisions wisely.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were pretty standard technical and SDLC questions.   View Answer